Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reporter and cameraman shot and killed by gunman still on loose.

+3
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Better watch out, Bob.

My grandma always told me, "Bad wishes fall in your own britches.".

And, who needs their britches full of bad wishes?

Allison Parker's father:

"I talked to her every single day.  Not being able to talk to her now crushes my soul."

Let's just clear the air here and remind Bob that just because I cannot condone torture does not mean that I sympathize with the killer nor does it mean that I am not sympathetic toward the victims of this horrific crime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How bout you, Sal. What gun control measure do you think would have prevented this?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It looks like bds and Sal are Trump wannabees.

The media: "Specifically how would we deport 11 million people, Mr. Trump?"

Trump: "Don't bother me with specifics, we'll just do it."

lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:bds,

What specific gun control measure is your solution to this particular incident?
What gun control exactly would have prevented this monster from getting a gun?

We seem to have a problem with crazy people getting guns and then shooting others before shooting themselves, so I think a start would be to place stricter checks on gun purchases.

I would also recommend applying strict liability to gun ownership - which means if you're a gun owner, and a crazy person is somehow able to take possession of your gun and use it in a manner similar to what today's shooter has - you're equally liable for that crime. This would be no different than if I decided to have a pet lion in my backyard. If that lion escapes and mauls a neighbor, it wouldn't matter how many precautions I took to prevent that from happening, it wouldn't matter how tall my fence was, I'm strictly liable for that death by virtue of the fact that I chose to partake in the ownership of something as dangerous as a lion.

If everyone is strictly liable for their guns and the harm they cause - in their own hands or not - they will have a greater incentive to keep those guns secure and out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:We seem to have a problem with crazy people getting guns and then shooting others before shooting themselves, so I think a start would be to place stricter checks on gun purchases.  

I would also recommend applying strict liability to gun ownership - which means if you're a gun owner, and a crazy person is somehow able to take possession of your gun and use it in a manner similar to what today's shooter has - you're equally liable for that crime.   This would be no different than if I decided to have a pet lion in my backyard.  If that lion escapes and mauls a neighbor, it wouldn't matter how many precautions I took to prevent that from happening, it wouldn't matter how tall my fence was, I'm strictly liable for that death by virtue of the fact that I chose to partake in the ownership of something as dangerous as a lion.

If everyone is strictly liable for their guns and the harm they cause - in their own hands or not - they will have a greater incentive to keep those guns secure and out of the hands of the mentally ill.  

I have no problem whatever with supporting all of that.  Because I see no downside to it personally.  And if it prevented even some of this shit it would serve it's purpose.

But I don't think any of that would have been worth spit in this case.

First of all,  this maggot is dead (and thanks again to the gods for answering my prayer).  
I don't think even the most greedy tort lawyer in America would ever even consider filing a liability claim against this dead maggot who probably didn't have 2 nickels to rub together.  So that part is a non-starter.

I've been watching cable news on this all morning.  I've seen no indication that this maggot had ever been designated "mentally ill" by anyone or any authority.  His "mental illness" was discovered AFTER the fact.
So unless we mandate that every single American has to be evaluated by a shrink at a very early age,  that's a non-starter in this case too.

All this "gun control" stuff sounds so good in theory.  But in practice it really is comparable to Trump's "solutions" to just about everything. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:How bout you,  Sal.  What gun control measure do you think would have prevented this?

I don't think we know enough about the killer to say what measures may or may not have prevented this.

But, just because a specific measure wouldn't prevent every tragic crime from occurring, does not mean the measure has no value.

I believe all guns should be registered, universal background checks should be thorough, the mental health care industry should be fully involved and fully funded, people convicted of violent crimes should be prevented from owning firearms, gun manufacturers should be required to incorporate biometric chips in all new guns, sentences for crimes committed with a firearm should be mandatory and draconian, high capacity magazines should be banned, there should be a meaningful tax on all ammunition, and I have no objection to Board's idea that the gun owner should bear liability if their gun is used in the commission of a crime by another person.

Would any of these measures have stopped today's shooting.

I don't know.

But, they would stop some shootings, and that's good enough.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:We seem to have a problem with crazy people getting guns and then shooting others before shooting themselves, so I think a start would be to place stricter checks on gun purchases.  

I would also recommend applying strict liability to gun ownership - which means if you're a gun owner, and a crazy person is somehow able to take possession of your gun and use it in a manner similar to what today's shooter has - you're equally liable for that crime.   This would be no different than if I decided to have a pet lion in my backyard.  If that lion escapes and mauls a neighbor, it wouldn't matter how many precautions I took to prevent that from happening, it wouldn't matter how tall my fence was, I'm strictly liable for that death by virtue of the fact that I chose to partake in the ownership of something as dangerous as a lion.

I have no problem whatever with supporting all of that.  Because I see no downside to it personally.  And if it prevented even some of this shit it would serve it's purpose.

First of all,  this maggot is dead (and thanks again to the gods for answering my prayer).  
I don't think even the most greedy tort lawyer in America would ever even consider filing a liability claim against this dead maggot who probably didn't have 2 nickels to rub together.  So that part is a non-starter.

I've been watching cable news on this all morning.  I've seen no indication that this maggot had ever been designated "mentally ill" by anyone or any authority.  His "mental illness" was discovered AFTER the fact.
So unless we mandate that every single American has to be evaluated by a shrink at a very early age,  that's a non-starter in this case too.

All this "gun control" stuff sounds so good in theory.  But in practice it really is comparable to Trump's "solutions" to just about everything. lol

Boards thinks psychos have a stamp on their forehead identifying themselves as such. They are undiagnosed until after the fact. That's when the pieces start to fall in place. Things he said, crap he posted, threats that no one took seriously.....eventually it added up.

This disgruntled employee lost his job in 2013.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:

Purchasing a gun should involve a thorough application process of background checks, psychiatric evaluations, long waiting periods, completion of courses in securing weapons, etc, etc....all paid for by the applicant.  If someone goes through all that and clears all requirements, well, then I suppose they can play with their guns and live out their GI Joe fantasies.   And we should apply strict liability on those owners.

If we had these rules today, we could say that it is very likely that 1) this guy would not have been able to purchase a gun (legally, at least) or 2) if he stole the gun used in the crime, we could then hold the gun's owner strictly liable for these deaths.  That would at least leave us with one less irresponsible gun owner who leaves their guns unsecured and open for use by the mentally ill.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Purchasing a gun should involve a thorough application process of background checks, psychiatric evaluations, long waiting periods etc etc

If you try to force every gun buyer to get a psychiatric evaluation (at his own expense no less),  all you will accomplish is setting the stage for a resurrection of Al Capone and Elliot Ness because before long you'll be having Prohibition deja vu all over again.  And that created a lot more death and violence than it ever prevented.  lol

If your solution was in place, I could buy a gun from the underground before sundown. And I don't even like guns. The gun nuts will probably buy a hundred of em. lol

Sal

Sal

Reporter and cameraman shot and killed by gunman still on loose. - Page 2 Screen29

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Reporter and cameraman shot and killed by gunman still on loose. - Page 2 Screen29

I'm sure whoever created this sign would love that quote too.

Reporter and cameraman shot and killed by gunman still on loose. - Page 2 Mother-or-the-Saloon

Sal

Sal

NRA - #nobody'slivesmatter

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:

Purchasing a gun should involve a thorough application process of background checks, psychiatric evaluations, long waiting periods, completion of courses in securing weapons, etc, etc....all paid for by the applicant.  If someone goes through all that and clears all requirements, well, then I suppose they can play with their guns and live out their GI Joe fantasies.   And we should apply strict liability on those owners.

If we had these rules today, we could say that it is very likely that 1) this guy would not have been able to purchase a gun (legally, at least) Why do you think that?or 2) if he stole the gun used in the crime, we could then hold the gun's owner strictly liable for these deaths. It will never happen! Cops and individuals have been attacked and had their guns stolen.  That would at least leave us with one less irresponsible gun owner who leaves their guns unsecured and open for use by the mentally ill.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

How bout this for an alternative kind of "gun control".

A mandatory 5 year prison stretch without parole for anyone found in possession of a firearm while in the act of committing any felony (1st, 2nd or 3rd degree).

That wouldn't stop what happened today.  But it would discourage many from carrying guns to a crime.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:How bout this for an alternative kind of "gun control".

A mandatory 5 year prison stretch without parole for anyone found in possession of a firearm while in the act of committing any felony (1st, 2nd or 3rd degree).
Y
That wouldn't stop what happened today.  But it would discourage many from carrying guns to a crime.

If crimes involving guns and convicted felons possessing guns were assigned to federal courts, which they should be, they would encounter stiffer fines.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Not talking about only those who are already convicted felons.
I mean anybody even if he or she hasn't even had a traffic ticket.

Here's my argument.  There is NO valid excuse or defense whatever for carrying a gun if you're going to commit any felony.  Get ALL those maggots off the street and in a cage where they belong.  
And if we did away with the marijuana laws we would have ALL the prison space we need.  Wouldn't have to build another jail cell.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Possession of a Firearm during Commission of a Felony = an additional charge.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Not just any "additional charge". Five long years in a cage.
And when they get out of the cage, if they still want to take a gun to a felony, life without parole.

A black gay guy was the perp .... So much for white conservative whack job conspiracy theorists

by boards of FL Yesterday at 10:13 pm
Bob wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

We seem to have a problem with crazy people getting guns and then shooting others before shooting themselves, so I think a start would be to place stricter checks on gun purchases.

I would also recommend applying strict liability to gun ownership - which means if you're a gun owner, and a crazy person is somehow able to take possession of your gun and use it in a manner similar to what today's shooter has - you're equally liable for that crime. This would be no different than if I decided to have a pet lion in my backyard. If that lion escapes and mauls a neighbor, it wouldn't matter how many precautions I took to prevent that from happening, it wouldn't matter how tall my fence was, I'm strictly liable for that death by virtue of the fact that I chose to partake in the ownership of something as dangerous as a lion.

I have no problem whatever with supporting all of that. Because I see no downside to it personally. And if it prevented even some of this shit it would serve it's purpose.

First of all, this maggot is dead (and thanks again to the gods for answering my prayer).
I don't think even the most greedy tort lawyer in America would ever even consider filing a liability claim against this dead maggot who probably didn't have 2 nickels to rub together. So that part is a non-starter.

I've been watching cable news on this all morning. I've seen no indication that this maggot had ever been designated "mentally ill" by anyone or any authority. His "mental illness" was discovered AFTER the fact.
So unless we mandate that every single American has to be evaluated by a shrink at a very early age, that's a non-starter in this case too.

All this "gun control" stuff sounds so good in theory. But in practice it really is comparable to Trump's "solutions" to just about everything. lol

Purchasing a gun should involve a thorough application process of background checks, psychiatric evaluations, long waiting periods, completion of courses in securing weapons, etc, etc....all paid for by the applicant. If someone goes through all that and clears all requirements, well, then I suppose they can play with their guns and live out their GI Joe fantasies. And we should apply strict liability on those owners.

If we had these rules today, we could say that it is very likely that 1) this guy would not have been able to purchase a gun (legally, at least) or 2) if he stole the gun used in the crime, we could then hold the gun's owner strictly liable for these deaths. That would at least leave us with one less irresponsible gun owner who leaves their guns unsecured and open for use by the mentally ill.
----
Same for cars then because cars kill more people than guns

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hurry up and put out all the stupid ill conceived paperwork bureaucracy solutions you can before the bodies are even cold....maybe we could quit handing out mass murder pills to lunatics ? Naw that's just silly.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Yes, gun control will certainly control the psychos walking the streets.

I think the idea is to keep the guns out of the hands of psychos.  

How?

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:How bout you,  Sal.  What gun control measure do you think would have prevented this?

I don't think we know enough about the killer to say what measures may or may not have prevented this.

But, just because a specific measure wouldn't prevent every tragic crime from occurring, does not mean the measure has no value.

I believe all guns should be registered, universal background checks should be thorough, the mental health care industry should be fully involved and fully funded, people convicted of violent crimes should be prevented from owning firearms, gun manufacturers should be required to incorporate biometric chips in all new guns, sentences for crimes committed with a firearm should be mandatory and draconian, high capacity magazines should be banned, there should be a meaningful tax on all ammunition, and I have no objection to Board's idea that the gun owner should bear liability if their gun is used in the commission of a crime by another person.

Would any of these measures have stopped today's shooting.

I don't know.

But, they would stop some shootings, and that's good enough.

So you want low income citizens to be unable to protect themselves.  Why?

Florida's gun law has sharply reduced gun crimes.  They would do nothing who intends to kill someone else and then take their own life.

Markle

Markle

For any of the Florida residents. This has been highly effective in our state and I support it 100%

This is from a web site of a Miami criminal defense attorney. He's warning his own customers!

In Florida, firearm offenses are harshly prosecuted. This is evidenced in Florida's 10-20-Life law, also called "Use a Gun and You're Done!" Under the 10-20-Life law, harsh mandatory minimum sentences are imposed for defendants who use guns in the commission of crimes. This law covers the following offenses in particular:
•Felon in possession of a gun - mandatory minimum 3 year prison sentence
•Brandishing a gun in the commission of a crime - mandatory minimum 10 year sentence
•Discharging a gun in the commission of a crime - mandatory minimum 20 year sentence
•Injuring or killing another person in the commission of a crime, by discharging a firearm - 25 years to life in state prison

http://www.mirerlaw.com/Violent-Crimes/10-20-Life-Law.aspx

This appears on many other sites but here the attorney cut to the bottom line and has made the law abundantly clear.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Since Sal and bds probably never watch Fox News, I need to tell them about something.
Tonight Megyn Kelly interviewed Jessica Parker's father. He said exactly what bds did.
He said he wants stricter background checks and psychological evaluations and all the rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum