Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally.....common sense immigration reform

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17768678-details-of-sweeping-senate-immigration-plan-revealed?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

not in 100% agreement, but this is a great start.

Amnesty for 12 million illegals, the borders in texas are being over run as e speak, literally they are.

this is reform HA!, this is 2 sides vying for the latino vote and they can both shove it up there asses. Close the border and slow down legal immigration first.

2seaoat wrote:http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17768678-details-of-sweeping-senate-immigration-plan-revealed?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

not in 100% agreement, but this is a great start.

Seems quite complicated but at least there is a bipartisan effort to do something. I don't understand why young folks who were brought here by their parents illegally years ago should not have priority in receiving at least a green card if they have no criminal record. They had nothing to do with how they arrived here and the Dream Act has some unusual quirks that may be preventing some of these people from gaining citizenship in a timely manner - like males having to register for the Selective Service.

The government has thrown up its hands and given up with this type of reform. Border control has to be BEFORE any type of amnesty. How many more will bust over the border when word of this spreads and LIE about how long they have been here? If we don't have the alleged resources to send 12 million plus BACK to where they came from illegally, how will we police the actual implementation of this sort of shenanigans? It's a goat rope just like Obamacare. This is about the Congress and MANY administrations failure to protect the security of the United States.

As many kids say today:
STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIID!

2seaoat

Actually, like Ronald Reagan's immigration reform, it will ignite the economy as 10 million people come out of the shadows and join us paying taxes and being responsible. This is going to have no negative impact on anything. It is all positive. The failure of the Reagan policy was the failure of the border, and final recognition depends on our success on the border.....very well thought out and a great compromise.

2seaoat wrote:Actually, like Ronald Reagan's immigration reform, it will ignite the economy as 10 million people come out of the shadows and join us paying taxes and being responsible. This is going to have no negative impact on anything. It is all positive. The failure of the Reagan policy was the failure of the border, and final recognition depends on our success on the border.....very well thought out and a great compromise.

The return on investment for better border controls will pay off quickly. I agree that the sooner certain classes of illegals (those who can prove they have been living here for a given period of time without criminal records) will only enhance our fiscal position and give them a chance at a normal life without having to keep looking over their shoulder.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The government has thrown up its hands and given up with this type of reform. Border control has to be BEFORE any type of amnesty. How many more will bust over the border when word of this spreads and LIE about how long they have been here? If we don't have the alleged resources to send 12 million plus BACK to where they came from illegally, how will we police the actual implementation of this sort of shenanigans? It's a goat rope just like Obamacare. This is about the Congress and MANY administrations failure to protect the security of the United States.

As many kids say today:
STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIID!

Please explain how anyone can or could tell anyone....play by the rules and you'll be fine...follow the laws...pay your taxes etc.,....well or take a shortcut and go around the system....Nice to grant 'amnesty' or compromise but with the addition of the new tax revenue base will those that have paid over the years receive tax break for supporting services that were taken advantage of?....Much like healthcare etc.,...the working middle class ...law abiding citizens continue to be an afterthought....

2seaoat

immigration feeds economic growth.....the failure to monitor people in this country on visas and control our borders is a failure of policy. This failure is addressed in this legislation. Nobody is telling folks that breaking the law is good, rather they are paying a penalty for the same. The difference is that some people look at this as a parking ticket, and others look at it as a capital felony case........either perception matters little if these folks become contributing productive citizens......to that end I am hopeful, but I want to see this legislation stick to its guns on the border.

2seaoat wrote:immigration feeds economic growth.....the failure to monitor people in this country on visas and control our borders is a failure of policy. This failure is addressed in this legislation. Nobody is telling folks that breaking the law is good, rather they are paying a penalty for the same. The difference is that some people look at this as a parking ticket, and others look at it as a capital felony case........either perception matters little if these folks become contributing productive citizens......to that end I am hopeful, but I want to see this legislation stick to its guns on the border.

This has been a failure for decades!...What's the penalty for living here 'illegally' for 20-25 years?...Slice it or dice it anyway you want but it's a slap in the face for to law abiding citizens of this nation and to all those that came he the correct/legal way...that's exactly a 'reward' for breaking the laws of this country....

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jan/12/human-trafficking-on-the-rise-in-border-region/

[quote="2seaoat"]immigration feeds economic growth.....the failure to monitor people in this country on visas and control our borders is a failure of policy. This failure is addressed in this legislation. Nobody is telling folks that breaking the law is good, rather they are paying a penalty for the same. The difference is that some people look at this as a parking ticket, and others look at it as a capital felony case........either perception matters little if these folks become contributing productive citizens......to that end I am hopeful, but I want to see this legislation stick to its guns on the border.[/quote

But with this law, you are telling people that they can come here and if they stay long enough and pester enough people politically, that the government will give in and do what they want. That's not how a nation of laws should act. What happens when the next wave of immigrants swarms into the country looking to do that very thing?

Here is a group that thinks this new policy will hurt them.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/02/11/182697/many-african-americans-concerned.html

Finally.....common sense immigration reform 2Q==

Screw it!

It's time to open the floodgates to the world and save some money while we're at it. Let's get rid of all the agencies that deal with immigration, customs, border patrol, etc... and just let them come. I'm going to hire a couple of large ships to carry people from SE Asia to the United States. After all the people from SE Asia are willing to do the jobs our Hispanic friends who came here illegally are not willing to do and do it cheaper.

Besides...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH2P_pVze6s

Smile

2seaoat

I could take the zero tolerance attitude about speeding suggesting that speeders get punished with four years in jail. It makes as much sense as what people want to do with immigrants. They are being punished with fines and they have a path to citizenship. Tell me when you are alone on 10 late at night and you know you can go 80 and not get caught......are you going to self deport......this is silliness. This country for hundreds of years did not even have quotas and restrictions.....it was the land of opportunity, and this idea that immigrants are bad people.....nonsense....if they are the new law does not give them a path.....our country will be stronger.

Then you propose opening the boarder fully? I will submit that either opening it or closing it is more humane than doing a half assed job as the govt is doing now... which is actuality one of the few things the constitution assigned as a responsibility. As it stands it enriches criminal cartels exploiting a vunerable desperate people. I never hear criticism about how Mexico is run... but lord forbid our country doesn't save them.

I'm from Texas... I truly like the Mexican people. I like them more than most Americans I know... I respect their work ethic and family unit. As they gain solid footing as a voting block... I don't think they will support a collectivist mandate... they know self-reliance.

2seaoat

I have always supported strong border security. However, after living in Saltillo for 6 months, I have great respect for Mexican families. I have never seen boogie men, and never understood what this was about. If somebody is a criminal.....the law takes care of it.......they collect fines, and punish folks for their behavior.....they crossed a border for family opportunity, like most of our distant relatives.......who like current immigrants faced discrimination and judgment......America is strongest when we open our arms and allow opportunity and freedom to ignite our economic engine.

There can't be a real solution without a secure border. Todays technology can fix it. People from all over the world still apply to come here everyday... I want that to continue for many reasons. There is a fine line between an opportunity and a trap today.

PkrBum wrote:Then you propose opening the boarder fully? I will submit that either opening it or closing it is more humane than doing a half assed job as the govt is doing now... which is actuality one of the few things the constitution assigned as a responsibility. As it stands it enriches criminal cartels exploiting a vunerable desperate people. I never hear criticism about how Mexico is run... but lord forbid our country doesn't save them.

I'm from Texas... I truly like the Mexican people. I like them more than most Americans I know... I respect their work ethic and family unit. As they gain solid footing as a voting block... I don't think they will support a collectivist mandate... they know self-reliance.

I think Mexicans are fine hard workers too. Im not getting caught in this political correct BS.

I agree with what you said, but alas, like another poster said, we wont know dates. who in the hell do they think they are fooling? this is a bunch of shit to pass amnesty for votes.

This is going to devastate the black population and cause wars. im tellin you, we are headed for a civil war like we never thought could come in our life. the gov is pushing every single button thy can think of to cause it too. I wonder how much longer our domestication can last? Im sure that's the question they are asking now too.

2seaoat

we are headed for a civil war

Because immigrant families can become citizens?

I appreciate what you're saying about the increasing pressure Chrissy... it's a reality... it's driving the unrest in the eu, n.africa, m.east...

Seagoat... keep trying to play the race card. People from all over the world wish to immigrate here. Playing favorites?

PkrBum wrote:I appreciate what you're saying about the increasing pressure Chrissy... it's a reality... it's driving the unrest in the eu, n.africa, m.east...

Seagoat... keep trying to play the race card. People from all over the world wish to immigrate here. Playing favorites?

It is pkr. I don't think some people really pay attention to the world unless its something they want to toss as bait.

This could potentially be a really criminal act for us as a country.

we simply cant do this. the outcome a few years from now is going to be devastating. We cant afford what we have. and they in their so proven brilliant minds think this can be tax generating or vote generating. im god damn sick and tired of them ignoring what our constitution says in order for them to play the system in their favor. im angry. they are sacrificing this nation for their own personal fodder.

2seaoat

really.....and exactly what do you call the changes in our immigration policy from 1910 through 1930........what term would you call the restrictions?

Do you think if we had 5 million Illegal Swedes laying around in Saunas that this pressing need to remove them would have a different dialogue.....and what card would be played..........

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I appreciate what you're saying about the increasing pressure Chrissy... it's a reality... it's driving the unrest in the eu, n.africa, m.east...

It is pkr. I don't think some people really pay attention to the world unless its something they want to toss as bait.

This could potentially be a really criminal act for us as a country.

we simply cant do this. the outcome a few years from now is going to be devastating. We cant afford what we have. and they in their so proven brilliant minds think this can be tax generating or vote generating. im god damn sick and tired of them ignoring what our constitution says in order for them to play the system in their favor. im angry. they are sacrificing this nation for their own personal fodder.

I can appreciate the concern... but the reality is that there is a tide. We have to pay attention to the tide.

2seaoat wrote:Seagoat... keep trying to play the race card. People from all over the world wish to immigrate here. Playing favorites?

really.....and exactly what do you call the changes in our immigration policy from 1910 through 1930........what term would you call the restrictions?

Do you think if we had 5 million Illegal Swedes laying around in Saunas that this pressing need to remove them would have a different dialogue.....and what card would be played..........

I would say the card would be a stone cold bluff. The reality is that the immigration issue is a red herring. We are sought as a refuge as much as our currency. The solutions should be bigger than an interest group.

2seaoat

I would say the card would be a stone cold bluff. The reality is that the immigration issue is a red herring. We are sought as a refuge as much as our currency. The solutions should be bigger than an interest group.

I watched Dancing with the stars this evening.....so I need a translation.....I am suffering Post Traumatic Dance Stress PTDT......and I honestly cannot make sense out of what you just posted.

LoL... You may have found your medium. You don't understand that there are many people that wish to immigrate here? I'm not sure I understand your inability to have a global perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum