Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do not women play on the PGA tour?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hallmarkgard

Sexist?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

They have the Ladies tour.

2seaoat

I played a practice round with a University of Michigan graduate who was playing a qualifying round for the Women's US Open at our club.  She was amazing from 175 yards in, but almost all of us out drove her in the foursome.  She however, outscored all of us.  In the men's tournaments from the tips the women's drives are not going to get them to within the 175 yard range.  This girl was petite, pretty, and a real pleasure to speak with because she was highly intelligent.  She did not qualify for the US Open, but she was driving the ball as far or further than the women who did qualify.......which is fine on short courses, but from the tips they are not going to see some of the Korean women who  are dominating the women's game keeping up with the men in driving distance.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I played a practice round with a University of Michigan graduate who was playing a qualifying round for the Women's US Open at our club.  She was amazing from 175 yards in, but almost all of us out drove her in the foursome.  She however, outscored all of us.  In the men's tournaments from the tips the women's drives are not going to get them to within the 175 yard range.  This girl was petite, pretty, and a real pleasure to speak with because she was highly intelligent.  She did not qualify for the US Open, but she was driving the ball as far or further than the women who did qualify.......which is fine on short courses, but from the tips they are not going to see some of the Korean women who  are dominating the women's game keeping up with the men in driving distance.

Wow...you sure can ramble on and on and on can't you. Is there anything you won't drone on about?

Hallmarkgard

So I guess they would not even warrant a chance to try to qualify is a good thing.? . Back in the kitchen, ladies, us mens gots to play some Golf. LOL

Hallmarkgard

I bet some of them could do better than 79. LOL Tiger Woods shoots a 79 at Memorial, including highest 9-hole score of career

2seaoat

So I guess they would not even warrant a chance to try to qualify is a good thing.? . Back in the kitchen, ladies, us mens gots to play some Golf. LOL

Tiger can no longer compete in the Men's game, and where some of these average drives are landing now......no.....there is no woman in the world who could compete at this time.  Fact.

Is there anything you won't drone on about?
Yes, your knowledge of the new Bankruptcy Code and its impact on the Florida Homestead protection of debtors.......that is a short story.

Hallmarkgard

They might not could win, but they could place very high when conditions were favorable for them. They should at least have the chance to try. But I dont think the Big Boys ego could handle a little gal taking their money. Kinda like Blacks cant play golf either...LOL

2seaoat

They might not could win, but they could place very high when conditions were favorable for them. They should at least have the chance to try. But I dont think the Big Boys ego could handle a little gal taking their money. Kinda like Blacks cant play golf either...LOL

I agree.  On a course 6,500 yards or less the women could compete with the men and although highly unlikely they would win, they would have some in the money.  This kid from Michigan could back a ball up to the hole and leave tap ins.....she did not make the cut.

Markle

Markle

Hallmarkgard wrote:They might not could win, but they could place very high when conditions were favorable for them.  They should at least have the chance to try.  But I dont think the Big Boys ego could handle a little gal taking their money.  Kinda like Blacks can't play golf either...LOL

Then you support having the men play in the LPGA? Of course, both sexes have to start at the same tee's.

EVEN far left Time Magazine acknowledged recently...hold on now this is shocking, they found that MEN AND WOMEN are...DIFFERENT!

2seaoat wrote:I played a practice round with a University of Michigan graduate who was playing a qualifying round for the Women's US Open at our club.  She was amazing from 175 yards in, but almost all of us out drove her in the foursome.  She however, outscored all of us.  In the men's tournaments from the tips the women's drives are not going to get them to within the 175 yard range.  This girl was petite, pretty, and a real pleasure to speak with because she was highly intelligent.  She did not qualify for the US Open, but she was driving the ball as far or further than the women who did qualify.......which is fine on short courses, but from the tips they are not going to see some of the Korean women who  are dominating the women's game keeping up with the men in driving distance.

Love these stories, Walter. Wink

Hallmarkgard

I think that if the women could play in the PGA, stronger women would develop their games to do so. ie women fire fighters, Military personnel. Thinking of women like the Williams sisters in tennis. The little Asian women play the courses they are suited for. It makes a good show but it doesn't show case what women could really do if given the chance. Women have already shown they have the composure and skills to play very very accurate golf. Is the lack of long drives the only thing holding them back? Could women learn to hit a long ball? Give them a chance Open up "Q" school to women. What could it hurt?

2seaoat

Love these stories, Walter. Why do not women play on the PGA tour? Icon_wink

I  tell a hundred golf stories.  All fun with me being a jerk.   The time when a snoot was golfing behind our fivesome.....yes we were allowed to play fivesomes.......and he started to bitch about us slowing down his wife and him.  We had earlier offered to let them play through, and now he was ragging at the tee box on a long par five where everybody had hit long drives, and we had two holes to play in the 18.  We said we would speed up, but once we got out of their earshot....we decided to mess with them, and when we got to the lake we started looking for bullfrogs......well somebody whacked a bullfrog with their club(I did not approve, but they did not kill it just stunned it) and put the bullfrog in the hole with its forelegs on the green and his back legs in the cup, and put the flag stick back in.......Explosion in the club house when his wife freaked out and all five of us got a letter telling us that it was unacceptable behavior to put a bullfrog in cup, I particularly got in more trouble every time I saw the husband while we were playing cards he would walk by and I would simply go......rivet rivet rivet...........oh hold it.....you called me Walter.....like Walter Mitty......oh my, I better not tell you about my camping trips.

Markle

Markle

Hallmarkgard, you've avoided the question. I take it then you favor men playing in the WPGA? Fair is fair right?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Why don't men play in the LPGA?

Markle

Markle

Hallmarkgard, if you're looking for a sport where men and women compete on an even basis, look to the NHRA. Two of John Force's daughters compete in the 10,000 hp Funny Cars and one in the Top Fuel Dragsters. It is also not unheard of for two women to compete in the final round of Pro-stock motorcycles which run close to 200 mph in the 1/4 miles.

Hallmarkgard

I watched it today on TV.. Route 66 raceway in Joliet, My son lives very close. I really wanted to go but....... You are right. Lots good women drivers They have came a long ways since Shirley Muldowney.

Markle

Markle

Hallmarkgard wrote:I watched it today on TV..  Route 66 raceway in Joliet, My son lives very close.  I really wanted to go but.......  You are right.   Lots good women drivers   They have came a long ways since Shirley Muldowney.

Quite true.

For some years now women have been very competitive and winning consistently against the men. It is a sport that lends itself to women but will always be dominated by men.

Hallmarkgard

The real show in drag racing is the crews that tear the Top Fuel and Funny cars cars down and rebuild them in less than 55 minutes. Un damn real. Those guys are amazing...

Markle

Markle

Have you ever been to one of those big time races in person?

I've gone many times and have had the enjoyment of taking folks who had never been to one. I've always brought ear plugs for everyone because I order four to six tickets when they come on sale in Dec.. The races are mid March. My tickets are parallel with the cars on the starting line and about 10-15 rows up. On Sunday, they start with the fuel dragsters and go down to the motorcycles. Before the first burnout, I give everyone their ear plugs and tell them to put them in now. Everyone is standing for the first burnout and just that blows my guests back into their seats and they are speechless about the sound of two, 10,000 hp engines exploding to life at once.

There is plenty of time to walk among the trailers where they are rebuilding the engines. It is almost a ballet. Consider too the heat of those engines when they come back from a run. Makes for a fun day.

Hallmarkgard

I have not been in a long time, 6 or 7 years but I used to quite a bit(when I could afford tickets and such)  I used to do a lot of drag racing in the early 60s.    After I got out of the army, I never got back into it.  But I have built a couple of nice Jet boats since then.  But you are right, nothing like  standing close when fire up one of those big fueler engines.  For me, they  seem to get in rhythm with my heart.  LOL   Back in the days when I went to college in Texas we used to go Caddo Mills to watch them run  Much Much simpler back then.  You could walk around in the pits and bull shit with Art Malone, Gartlis and others.  Best thing I ever saw run was EJ Potter on his V8 motor cycle  Back in the day , he was crazy.  Toured my his self, a real crazy Genius.  He never said a whole lot but I did get to talk to him a couple of times.  Good old days...LOL  Frank Patti was big into cars back then.  One day I broke out my C gasser and gave him a ride down the street.  Pissed of the neighbors real bad and  and one them kicked my ass over it  I would have been good at racing had I not found whiskey and women    

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum