Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lumon May did say "I was out of line!"

+7
Markle
no stress
2seaoat
Sal
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Vikingwoman

Knot, you have joined the mob of us racists. Congratulations! Oatie the non lawyer and non police officer has again put us in our place regarding the law and his interpretations.We are humbled to have such an academic scholar on this forum to advise us as to what we have seen and know. We should be so grateful.

knothead

knothead

Vikingwoman wrote:Knot, you have joined the mob of us racists. Congratulations! Oatie the non lawyer and non police officer has again put us in our place regarding the law and his interpretations.We are humbled to have such an academic scholar on this forum to advise us as to what we have seen and know. We should be so grateful.

Who knew???

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

1993 TR 017163 IUTC

Division / Judge:
I / WHITE, WILLIAM P

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 03/17/1993 CLOSED
Offense Statute Charge Description Lvl/Deg Citation
02/12/1993 Level Degree 74628EF
9 2004 TR 019190 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 06/17/2004 CLOSED
06/01/2004 322.15(1) DL Not Carried/Exhibited on Demand Level N Degree N 0560CWQ
10 2004 TR 019189 IUTC

Division / Judge:
THO / TRAFFIC INFRACTION HEARING OFFICER,

Complaint #:

06/01/2004 316.221 Tag Light - Illumination from 50' to the rear required Level N Degree N 0559CWQ
11 2005 TR 001346 IUTC

Division / Judge:
THO / TRAFFIC INFRACTION HEARING OFFICER,

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 01/11/2005 CLOSED
01/07/2005 316.074(1) Traffic Control Device - Fail to Obey Level CI Degree N 4802DUK
12 2010 TR 007650 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 03/25/2010 CLOSED
03/18/2010 320.07(3s) Expired Registration 6 months or less Level N Degree N 4755GIR
13 2010 TR 021390 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 08/10/2010 CLOSED
08/06/2010 316.1975 Unattended Vehicle Left Running/keys in ignition/wheels not turned to curb Level N Degree N 7034RZZ
14 2011 TR 029008 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 09/27/2011 CLOSED
09/25/2011 322.15(1) DL Not Carried/Exhibited on Demand Level N Degree N 4886GVK
15 2012 DR 001279

Division / Judge:
P / NOBLES, LINDA L.. MAY , LUMON JAMES RSPND DOMESTIC RELATIONS 04/05/2012 CLOSED

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Knot, you have joined the mob of us racists. Congratulations! Oatie the non lawyer and non police officer has again put us in our place regarding the law and his interpretations.We are humbled to have such an academic scholar on this forum to advise us as to what we have seen and know. We should be so grateful.

Who knew???

LOL - you two, knot and VW, are a stitch.  And thank you, knot, for your deeply appreciated support.

Look, just for the heck of it I'm going to post here one more time (see next post) the text of the "horrible" letter Sea keeps referring to, which was previously posted on the original thread on this issue, Page 6.  I sent it to Escambia County Commissioner Grover Robinson shortly after the incident was reported in the PNJ.  I challenge anyone with half a brain -- anyone, that is, who is not positively OBSESSED with finding racism around every corner -- to tell me how and why my letter makes me a member of a racist mob, or is racist itself in any way.  That accusation is outrageously, patently ridiculous.

And though I feel I hardly owe him any more responses on any subject after all the invective, insults, and name-calling he directed at me, I will answer Sea as to why I didn't have, in his sacred opinion, the "courage" or "common decency" to send my letter to May himself instead of Grover.  Actually there are two reasons, the first being that Grover is my representative on the commission, the one I vote for, the one I always turn to.  I am HIS constituent, not May's, and whenever I want something done I write the guy who likes my vote and will most likely listen to what I want done -- which, in this case, was to kick May off the BOCC.  

Of course this was before May's so-called apology, but I still feel that way, and that's precisely because (second reason) the man demonstrated that he is a bully and a hair-trigger hot-head, characteristics that totally turn me off and make me lose all confidence in ANY individual -- WHETHER BLACK, WHITE,  YELLOW OR BROWN, as I have said before and will say a million times again -- but which especially turn me off in anyone who passes himself off as a leader in my county.  It has nothing to do with lack of courage, but with my not wasting a minute of my precious time on this earth addressing a bully.

Let me make this perfectly clear:  I DO NOT want a person with a hair trigger temper, not to mention demonstrated disrespect for law enforcement (OK, apparently maybe just female law enforcement, which makes him even more of an overbearing asshole) serving on the commission that makes critical decisions affecting me as a resident of this county.    There's really nothing more I can say that I haven't already, so hope to heaven these will be my last posts on the subject -- if only I can restrain myself from being suckered into answering any more of Seaoat's delusional attacks.

RealLindaL

My letter to Grover, once more.   Remember, it was early on after the incident.  Still, where's the racism coming from??  Not from me!!

I have just watched the entire video of Mr. May's traffic stop on pnj.com (and also perused all the reader comments thereon - you may want to do so yourself if you haven't already; it's an education).  But my own opinion was formed before reading any of those comments, and here it is, for what it's worth:

Regardless of any question regarding the validity of the stop and/or whether or not the plate number was mis-entered by the officer, Mr. May's behavior was over-the-top outrageous, appalling and shameful --  not to mention illegal -- and aside from any enforcement action (which so far is not evident) he should be asked to resign from the Escambia BOCC forthwith.   How can anyone retain faith in this man's ability to lead the rest of us, after viewing the complete lack of judgment and restraint he displayed??   He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself and the way he treated that officer, and I would not hesitate to tell him that to his face.  

Further, if May is going to imply that racism/profiling is the reason for his being 'harassed,' and considering his immature, hair-trigger reaction to such perception, it's just one more reason he is not fit to sit on the board that governs this entire county.  

And where were his papers?  Why couldn't he produce them, and isn't, in fact, the lack of such papers (in violation of the law) the likely true reason for his extreme behavior?  After all, with some people the best defense is a nasty offense.  But that's not even the main point, as you know.  It's his childish, unreasonable, bullying (and, again, illegal) behavior.

If the man doesn't resign on his own  -- which would be the honorable thing to do, seeing as how he has tainted his reputation with the public by his horrible behavior -- I hope the rest of the board will stand up and have the guts to ask him to do so.

The only good thing I can even think to say here is thank heaven Lumon May doesn't represent District 4.

RealLindaL

Very interesting stuff, Joani.  Thanks for posting.  Just further demonstration of May's lack of respect for the law.  Surely we have better people in Escambia County to serve as our elected officials.  I'm not sorry for one minute for what I wrote to Grover.

2seaoat

Once again looking for a lynching tree by putting his driver's record which is clean.......and for the people who really are clueless......read the statutes and understand what they mean.  I cannot help it......some people say my head cannot fit through a door, but I am quite satisfied  with my stocking cap......I use it for a blanket.

Duh!

[size=undefined]A person who is charged with a violation of this section, other than a violation of paragraph (a) of subsection (1), may not be convicted if, prior to or at the time of his or her court or hearing appearance, the person produces in court or to the clerk of the court in which the charge is pending a driver license issued to him or her and valid at the time of his or her arrest.
[/size]

[size=undefined]322.03 Drivers must be licensed; penalties.—[/size]
(1) Except as otherwise authorized in this chapter, a person may not drive any motor vehicle upon a highway in this state unless such person has a valid driver license issued under this chapter.

I imagine Neko is in heaven right now going......come on God.....kick his asz a little bit.....he is picking on my buds Dreams, Joannie, and Linda.....and please deflatgate.........and a four game penalty.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:1993 TR 017163 IUTC

Division / Judge:
I  /  WHITE, WILLIAM P

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 03/17/1993 CLOSED
02/12/1993 Level Degree 74628EF
9 2004 TR 019190 IUTC

Complaint #:

06/01/2004 322.15(1) DL Not Carried/Exhibited on Demand Level N Degree N 0560CWQ
10 2004 TR 019189 IUTC

Division / Judge:
THO  /  TRAFFIC INFRACTION HEARING OFFICER,

Complaint #:

06/01/2004 316.221 Tag Light - Illumination from 50' to the rear required Level N Degree N 0559CWQ
11 2005 TR 001346 IUTC

Division / Judge:
THO  /  TRAFFIC INFRACTION HEARING OFFICER,

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 01/11/2005 CLOSED
01/07/2005 316.074(1) Traffic Control Device - Fail to Obey Level CI Degree N 4802DUK
12 2010 TR 007650 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 03/25/2010 CLOSED
03/18/2010 320.07(3s) Expired Registration 6 months or less Level N Degree N 4755GIR
13 2010 TR 021390 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 08/10/2010 CLOSED
08/06/2010 316.1975 Unattended Vehicle Left Running/keys in ignition/wheels not turned to curb Level N Degree N 7034RZZ
14 2011 TR 029008 IUTC

Complaint #:

MAY , LUMON JAMES DEF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 09/27/2011 CLOSED
09/25/2011 322.15(1) DL Not Carried/Exhibited on Demand Level N Degree N 4886GVK
15 2012 DR 001279

Division / Judge:
P  /  NOBLES, LINDA L.. MAY , LUMON JAMES RSPND DOMESTIC RELATIONS 04/05/2012 CLOSED

Oh Lumon May was pulled over hundreds of times so that means all the rest of those times they found nothing. And Seaoat believes this exaggeration.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Once again looking for a lynching tree by putting his driver's record which is clean.......and for the people who really are clueless......read the statutes and understand what they mean.  I cannot help it......some people say my head cannot fit through a door, but I am quite satisfied  with my stocking cap......I use it for a blanket.

Duh!

A person who is charged with a violation of this section, other than a violation of paragraph (a) of subsection (1), may not be convicted if, prior to or at the time of his or her court or hearing appearance, the person produces in court or to the clerk of the court in which the charge is pending a driver license issued to him or her and valid at the time of his or her arrest.

322.03 Drivers must be licensed; penalties.—
(1) Except as otherwise authorized in this chapter, a person may not drive any motor vehicle upon a highway in this state unless such person has a valid driver license issued under this chapter.

I imagine Neko is in heaven right now going......come on God.....kick his asz a little bit.....he is picking on my buds Dreams, Joannie, and Linda.....and please deflatgate.........and a four game penalty.

I'm sure you are quite satisfied w/ your head size. It's like that saying "When you're dead, you don't know it and other people suffer. It's the same when you're a fool."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That's right!

2seaoat

Stirred up the hornets nest.........oh my cheers

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Stirred up the hornets nest.........oh my cheers

but for all the wrong reasons Mr. Oats!

2seaoat

but for all the wrong reasons Mr. Oats!

Nope.....for exactly the right reasons.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Vikingwoman

I think you have a personality disorder, Oatie. Something went haywire when you were growing up.

2seaoat

I think you have a personality disorder, Oatie. Something went haywire when you were growing up.

Let see what would she have done after you called her crazy......said something awful......and then you would say something awful......and each of you would always focus on sanity........who am I to say something didn't go haywire.....should I lay down on a couch.....or do we do this standing up.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lumon May did say "I was out of line!" - Page 3 Cigarette-butts-glass-ashtray-vintage-retro-style-background-35851252

You guys stop you're keeping me up too late....

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:I think you have a personality disorder, Oatie. Something went haywire when you were growing up.

Let see what would she have done after you called her crazy......said something awful......and then you would say something awful......and each of you would always focus on sanity........who am I to say something didn't go haywire.....should I lay down on a couch.....or do we do this standing up.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.

No, you're not crazy but you got something going on there? You've got some shades of a Narcisstic personality disorder. People can have have degrees of a disorder from high to low and not have all of the criteria but enough to meet the diagnosis.

2seaoat

You guys stop you're keeping me up too late....

I too am sleepy.....or maybe that is drugs.....or maybe I am crazy.....I am going in and out of a light sleep, a rem sleep, and I could of sworn that I just had a dream that I was Chrissie.

Vikingwoman

Well, we all have our demons. Some worse than others but probably nothing you've not been told before.

Hallmarkgard

This is a word for it.........http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/side-effects/attention-thinking-or-memory-problems

2seaoat

There are days Hallmark where you get so tired, and sadly you understand.  The one side effect is that the shots which are keeping me alive are impacting my vision with diabetes like symptoms, and some days I have difficulty with the computer screen or signs in the distance when driving.  The next day 20-20.

However, Russian dissidents who dared to challenge, were sent to mental institutions under the guise that somebody who challenges the status quo is mentally imbalanced.  The status quo was the creation of a racial attack thread against Mr. May from the get go.  The failure to recognize that it was Mr. Mays who had been abused by a broken criminal justice system, and finally the attempts to hurt Mr Mays because he dared challenge that broken Criminal Justice System.  He was a patriot.   There was no way those plates could be ran in less than 20 seconds when it was closer to 10 seconds when there was visual range.  However, if it was a scanner why has the PNJ not raised the same concerns that the American Civil Liberty folks have been screaming about, as the National media and Congress are up in arms about data mining by NSA when local and state police are scanning every vehicle within range and posting thousands of plates into a database as to GPS location, time, date, and registration information.....this database then is being used by law enforcement without the required fourth amendment warrant.

So do not worry about Dreams, I regularly pull her chain so she will start posting more, and challenge her intelligence which is her button to go into a frenzy attack about how other people are mentally imbalanced.  I am like a child with a magnifying glass playing with ants.......as you burn one... the colony goes into a frenzy.  Racism and a frank discussion of the same in a dog whistle society simply is not done in polite society.  The verbal lynching of Mr. Mays required a frank discussion.....so do not worry, my cancer is not the cause of the insanity of challenging a racial lynch mob, or a government which increasingly is taking our rights away that so many sacrificed.  Today is a special holiday where we celebrate those crazy founding fathers who challenged the status quo and injustice......you know those folks who believed that all men are created equal........sometimes it is simply a matter of principle and character.  It was a bad stop and the lynch mob was wrong.

2seaoat wrote:The verbal lynching of Mr. Mays required a frank discussion.....so do not worry, my cancer is not the cause of the insanity of challenging a racial lynch mob, or a government which increasingly is taking our rights away that so many sacrificed.    It was a bad stop and the lynch mob was wrong.

1.  If one is white and they speak against one who is black - they are deemed racist by Oatie's law and order.

2. Lynch mob?  Honestly, you really go over the top and would have been quite the showman in the courtroom -Atticus Finch or just merely Johnny Cochran?

3.  Clear and simple, whether she typed it in wrong or not, there was an issue with the tag - to the officer.  She, even though I was unaware of this procedure, is at liberty to check license tags on a vehicle.

4.  She never raised her voice and treated Mr. May with respect.

5.  He on the other hand acted like a spoiled child.  Public servant who did not set an example.  One who had no respect for a fellow servant of the community.

You jumped on the wrong bandwagon for your "I lived in Birmingham I know all about racism" rant.

Just give it up this time, Oatie, and admit Lumon May was OUT OF LINE. Saying so will not make you racist.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:but for all the wrong reasons Mr. Oats!

Nope.....for exactly the right reasons.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

May was wrong in every aspect of this traffic stop. I consider myself a 'good man' and have the capacity to stand up to 'evil' along with others on his forum, Linda being one who comes to mind, but you have a right to your interpretation and I have mine. Your position framed as standing up to evil is nonsense pure nonsense . . . . . akin to believing that Casper the ghost is real.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The verbal lynching of Mr. Mays required a frank discussion.....so do not worry, my cancer is not the cause of the insanity of challenging a racial lynch mob, or a government which increasingly is taking our rights away that so many sacrificed.    It was a bad stop and the lynch mob was wrong.

1.  If one is white and they speak against one who is black - they are deemed racist by Oatie's law and order.

2. Lynch mob?  Honestly, you really go over the top and would have been quite the showman in the courtroom -Atticus Finch or just merely Johnny Cochran?

3.  Clear and simple, whether she typed it in wrong or not, there was an issue with the tag - to the officer.  She, even though I was unaware of this procedure, is at liberty to check license tags on a vehicle.

5.  He on the other hand acted like a spoiled child.  Public servant who did not set an example.  One who had no respect for a fellow servant of the community.

You jumped on the wrong bandwagon for your "I lived in Birmingham I know all about racism" rant.

Just give it up this time, Oatie, and admit Lumon May was OUT OF LINE.  Saying so will not make you racist.  

Perhaps Mr. May wanted to be on CNN. Unfortunately, he only attracted the attention of one bystander.

As far as Seaoat, perhaps he is trying to teach a lesson. A lesson regarding racism!

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Just give it up this time, Oatie, and admit Lumon May was OUT OF LINE.  Saying so will not make you racist.  

Perhaps Mr. May wanted to be on CNN. Unfortunately, he only attracted the attention of one bystander.

As far as Seaoat, perhaps he is trying to teach a lesson. A lesson regarding racism!

My grandfather would say seagoat was trying to teach a lesson he'll never forget.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum