Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans Want to Cut Social Security Benefits and Raise the Retirement Age

+2
2seaoat
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

I have never shown an ID.....ever.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You must have moved away before the voter ID law was passed in Florida, Seaoat. I have shown my DL several times...my name is always right there on the rolls. What would happen, though, if (as has happened to me twice in Florida) my purse were stolen, along with my driver's license? I would have my voter registration (which no one ever asks for anymore), and my name would appear on the rolls, just as it always does, but would my vote count outright? Would I be prohibited from voting? Or, what if I had a name that was similar to someone ineligible to vote and was purged on that basis...only to find that, although I wasn't, after all, that person...my name would still be gone from the rolls. This happened in Florida in 2000...

But, on the original subject of this thread, please read this:

https://verdict.justia.com/2015/06/05/social-securitys-retirement-age-should-not-be-increased-again

But, on the original subject of this thread, please read this:

https://verdict.justia.com/2015/06/05/social-securitys-retirement-age-should-not-be-increased-again

[/color][/quote]

This is not a very thoughtful discussion.  The author fails to point out that raising the retirement age does nothing to change the age at which you can start receiving SS benefits: 62. Even if the "Full Retirement Age" was raised, folks can still start getting SS at 62, although not at the Full Retirement rate; that's as it is currently.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:I have never shown a photo id in my voting life.   Once information is collected by the voter registration people you are eligible to vote.  If they simply took a picture of the registrant and it was on the rolls.......they would have the photo....it would be free and everybody can vote.   My question is a simple yes or no answer, would you support this system.

You have to show ID in my two precincts that I have been assigned to while living where I do.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:by 2seaoat Today at 6:17 pm
Illegals cannot vote.  Citizens can.  There is NO voter ID fraud statistically.  It was created out of thin air by the same people who created poll taxes and literacy tests.  Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?
-----
Illegals can and do vote

That's a lie and you know it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Registering to vote for the first time already requires proof of citizenship.

Markle

Markle

colaguy wrote:But, on the original subject of this thread, please read this:

This is not a very thoughtful discussion.  The author fails to point out that raising the retirement age does nothing to change the age at which you can start receiving SS benefits: 62. Even if the "Full Retirement Age" was raised, folks can still start getting SS at 62, although not at the Full Retirement rate; that's as it is currently.[/quote]

You're right, parts of this discussion might not be very thoughtful, you have rehashed something well known by the folks taking part.

Of course the retirement age must be raised as well as the early retirement age. It started out as a minor supplement for people during their last year or two of their expected life span.

Now it has literally become a Ponzi Scheme of which Bernie Madoff would be proud.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Illegals cannot vote.  Citizens can.  There is NO voter ID fraud statistically.  It was created out of thin air by the same people who created poll taxes and literacy tests.  Dishonesty and distortion are your calling card.....did you use these tactics in your real estate practice?
-----
Illegals can and do vote

I hope you're aware of that some states are issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens. I hope too that you are aware of the Motor Voter law.

As you know, they simply have to check a box. Yes, it would be perjury but hey, who'll ever find out?

I also know this pleases you because these folks will be voting for more entitlements.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
-----
Illegals can and do vote

I hope you're aware of that some states are issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens.  I hope too that you are aware of the Motor Voter law.

As you know, they simply have to check a box.  Yes, it would be perjury but hey, who'll ever find out?

I also know this pleases you because these folks will be voting for more entitlements.

PROVE IT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum