Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A nation of scardy cats starts with over parenting which creates weak children

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vikingwoman

The law was changed ...to 13. Parents have more sense now and know their kids face great risks unsupervised. Stop living in the past Oatie. We have learned from our mistakes.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat...do your granddaughters walk a mile unattended?
 Not yet.  six and three are too young but the six year old is constantly asking why she cannot walk the two blocks from Kindergarten.  I walked four blocks to kindergarten, and EVERY kid walked to school.  Six and two blocks....getting there.   Waiting until somebody is 13 is stupid, and slavery was the law, but it was changed.   We need the nanny state out of our lives.

We also walked to school and 3 of my grand children live 1 block behind the school and they walk. My 12 year old grandaughter and 12 year old grandson walk a couple of times a week to the rec center with a group of kids.....3 blocks from the school. Safety in numbers.

As it was stated before times have changed. We are very careful with the children.

2seaoat

I am over protective, but in this state controlled crazed world of nanny state agents, I probably would be put in Jail. Kids need independence.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I am over protective, but in this state controlled crazed world of nanny state agents, I probably would be put in Jail.  Kids need independence.

They have independence. ....controlled.

2seaoat

kids face great risks unsupervised.

I disagree. The risks are no greater today than they were fifty years ago. Yet, the damage to children is tangible when they are over parented and unable to explore the world independently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum