Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insane defense of the Bergdahl swap

+7
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
KarlRove
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Insane defense of the Bergdahl swap  - Page 2 11091298_1027821793944616_3440086529820413721_n

So if Obama is insane for simply following normal protocol in bringing our troops home, what sort of terms would you use to describe someone who gives their life in search of Bergdhal?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nadalfan wrote:Good read

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/17/untangling-mysteries-behind-bowe-bergdahls-rescue-mission-320891.html

...The full truth—that the Army sent infantrymen on dangerous missions to find a soldier it knew was no longer missing—is far more complicated, and confounding.

Forged in the political heat of TV news studios, the vitriolic descriptions of Bergdahl’s character and behavior do not match what those who knew him best say about him now. “He was a heck of a soldier,” says Bergdahl’s friend from 2nd Platoon. “He was odd. He was different, which is why the other guys didn’t like him.… He did meditating and Buddhist stuff and people thought it was weird. I’m weird. Everyone is weird in their own way.”

In politics and war, simple myths are more useful than complex realities. The soldiers who searched for Bergdahl did so without question, and in their selflessness, they called upon the military’s essential and sacred codes of honor. The families and small towns that lost men in those searches bear a powerful witness to the horror and confusion of America’s longest war. They deserve an honest accounting of what happened to their sons and why.

And as he prepares to defend himself against the charge that he caused their deaths, so does Bowe Bergdahl."

That was a revealing article, according to which the immediate supervisors of Bergdahl's unit used Bergdahl's disappearance as a pretext to "green-light" missions that would have been otherwise harder to approve. And the high command knew that he was being held in Pakistan all along.

nadalfan

Floridatexan wrote:
nadalfan wrote:Good read

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/17/untangling-mysteries-behind-bowe-bergdahls-rescue-mission-320891.html

...The full truth—that the Army sent infantrymen on dangerous missions to find a soldier it knew was no longer missing—is far more complicated, and confounding.

Forged in the political heat of TV news studios, the vitriolic descriptions of Bergdahl’s character and behavior do not match what those who knew him best say about him now. “He was a heck of a soldier,” says Bergdahl’s friend from 2nd Platoon. “He was odd. He was different, which is why the other guys didn’t like him.… He did meditating and Buddhist stuff and people thought it was weird. I’m weird. Everyone is weird in their own way.”

In politics and war, simple myths are more useful than complex realities. The soldiers who searched for Bergdahl did so without question, and in their selflessness, they called upon the military’s essential and sacred codes of honor. The families and small towns that lost men in those searches bear a powerful witness to the horror and confusion of America’s longest war. They deserve an honest accounting of what happened to their sons and why.

And as he prepares to defend himself against the charge that he caused their deaths, so does Bowe Bergdahl."

That was a revealing article, according to which the immediate supervisors of Bergdahl's unit used Bergdahl's disappearance as a pretext to "green-light" missions that would have been otherwise harder to approve.  And the high command knew that he was being held in Pakistan all along.  

Exactly, I was wondering if karlrove would actually read it

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://americannews.com/breaking-obama-just-threatened-our-soldiers-with-this/

Bergdahl was traitor of epic magnitude. I wish execution was ok the table instead if just life in prison.
Those six men who died looking for him didnt get a second chance. Y'all who support Obama on this are traitors to the entire military.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:http://americannews.com/breaking-obama-just-threatened-our-soldiers-with-this/

Bergdahl was traitor of epic magnitude. I wish execution was ok the table instead if just life in prison.
Those six men who died looking for him didnt get a second chance. Y'all who support Obama on this are traitors to the entire military.

sea law·yer

noun
informal

noun: sea lawyer; plural noun: sea lawyers

an eloquently and obstinately argumentative person.

Karl reminds me of the salty old staff NCOs I served with. They were loud, opinionated, and very essential to the operation; but you had to ride them once in a while to make sure they didn't lose their focus.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Bergdahl is eligible for the death penalty. That stems from fact that in addition to the charge of desertion, he also has a charge of misbehaving in the face of the enemy.

Semi-retired President Obama knew that he was honoring a deserter when he made that insane Rose Garden announcement and embraced Bergdahl's parents. Shameful behavior from the Commander in Chief. I'm curious what President Eisenhower or President Reagan might have done. What sort of ceremony they would have given.

I'm not in favor of the death penalty in the case of Bergdahl although it is a deterrent. I would be okay with 30 to 35 years without chance of parole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum