Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insane defense of the Bergdahl swap

+7
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
KarlRove
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://conservativebyte.com/2015/03/the-insane-defense-of-the-bergdahl-swap/

Yep, but liberals will spin it.

2seaoat

Don't care. I am always glad when we get our people back, and I do not care if he rots a few years in jail because he was afforded due process and found to have been guilty of his duty to this country and the Military.

I do care about prejudgment, where American policy may become something based on somebody's opinion that one of our servicemen are somehow less because of race, religion, education, financial status, conduct in basic training, conduct in the field, actions taken why imprisoned which were contrary to the best interest of the country, or that he or she was just butt ugly......those prejudgments have no place in American policy. The due process afforded a returning serviceman may render their return less than fully satisfying, but returning our servicemen and women remains the goal.

Sal

Sal

Nothing to defend.

Leave no man behind.

We deal with our own.

Simple concepts.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Conservativebyte.com is another one of the goofy blogs that Karl likes to frequent.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Conservativebyte.com is another one of the goofy blogs that Karl likes to frequent.

What was it that was not true in the article?

2seaoat

What was it that was not true in the article?

Liberals always defend the indefensible by throwing logic out the window.

This statement is a blatant lie. Bringing our servicemen or women home is defensible and logical.........always is a tough concept to use by adults, but children living in a fantasy world use the word without a bit of shame....but they are children.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Does anyone have evidence Obama was aware Bergdahl had deserted at the time he spoke about him, with Bergdahl's parents beside him, in the Rose Garden press conference?

As I understand it, while the circumstances of Bergdahl's alleged capture were suspicious, no definitive investigation had at that time been conducted.  In fact, only after Bergdahl's release and the completion of the army investigation were charges brought against the suspect.

And until a conviction is achieved, he's still presumed innocent.

Under those conditions, Obama had every reason to do whatever was necessary to bring our soldier home.

Vikingwoman

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Conservativebyte.com is another one of the goofy blogs that Karl likes to frequent.

I'm posting on another forum that is international and I thought the hateful conservatives wouldn't be as bad as this forum but I was wrong. Although they're not allowed to say the terrible things that are said here they are as hateful and bigoted as here. It makes you cringe to think there are so many awful Americans.

knothead

knothead

Vikingwoman wrote:

I'm posting on another forum that is international and I thought the hateful conservatives wouldn't be as bad as this forum but I was wrong. Although they're not allowed to say the terrible things that are said here they are as hateful and bigoted as here. It makes you cringe to think there are so many awful Americans.

Haters gonna hate . . . . when Obama leaves office there will be a gigantic void for the haters to rush to . . . .

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Does anyone have evidence Obama was aware Bergdahl had deserted at the time he spoke about him, with Bergdahl's parents beside him, in the Rose Garden press conference?

As I understand it, while the circumstances of Bergdahl's alleged capture were suspicious, no definitive investigation had at that time been conducted.  In fact, only after Bergdahl's release and the completion of the army investigation were charges brought against the suspect.

Under those conditions, Obama had every reason to do whatever was necessary to bring our soldier home.

Well, his outfit knew the first day. Their superiors knew, the Pentagon knew.

It wasn't in the newspaper so I'm sure he didn't find out until recently.

2seaoat

Well, his outfit knew the first day. Their superiors knew, the Pentagon knew.

Not too far from the truth. The line of command made arrangements to get one of our soldiers back and he probably was informed at the end of the process and gave his approval.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Does anyone have evidence Obama was aware Bergdahl had deserted at the time he spoke about him, with Bergdahl's parents beside him, in the Rose Garden press conference?

Well, his outfit knew the first day.  Their superiors knew, the Pentagon knew.

You're right aboujt his outfit knowing and the Pentagon as well.  I think you're also right that the President didn't know about the details of Bergdahl's so-called capture until recently.

It is most unlikely that Obama would have praised Bergdahl and Bergdahl's parents in the Rose Garden press announcement if he had known.

All of which, if true, means the President's praising of Bergdahl's service was a mistake and not an "insane" act as War Hero claims in the title of this thread.

What IS insane, however, is the daily dose of hate-filled fantasy tossed at Obama by War Hero and yourself. 

Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Insane defense of the Bergdahl swap  11091298_1027821793944616_3440086529820413721_n

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

You're right aboujt his outfit knowing and the Pentagon as well.  I think you're also right that the President didn't know about the details of Bergdahl's so-called capture until recently.

It is most unlikely that Obama would have praised Bergdahl and Bergdahl's parents in the Rose Garden press announcement if he had known.

All of which, if true, means the President's praising of Bergdahl's service was a mistake and not an "insane" act as War Hero claims in the title of this thread.

What IS insane, however, is the daily dose of hate-filled fantasy tossed at Obama by War Hero and yourself. 

Reality.

IF he did not know his advisers should be good enough to have known, since everyone else seemed to know, he SHOULD have known.

Of course, with this President, EVERYTHING is a surprise.  Don't you remember that every time there is something devastating to this administration?  When interviewed, President Obama will comment that he learned about it when they did, from the news.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Reality.

It's OBAMA'S JOB TO KNOW ....

2seaoat

It's OBAMA'S JOB TO KNOW ....

You are childlike. You have no experience in an organization which has line command and is large. You claim you have served in the military , yet you make conceptual mistake after conceptual mistake which really brings into question that you even understand what a line of command is and how it functions. Do you think that President Obama had anything to do with searching for, locating, and negotiating the exchange? That was done way down the line of command and the decision to make the exchange was sent up the chain until the exchange was approved. You do not even know if the President had anything to do with the anything other than his approval of the mission. Do you think that Presidents really are involved in day to day military operations? President Obama made the decision based upon recommendations of the military line of command, and bringing home one of our soldiers is a clear priority of the military. His decision right or wrong did not originate from him, but the buck does stop at his desk.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:It's OBAMA'S JOB TO KNOW ....

You are childlike. You have no experience in an organization which has line command and is large. You claim you have served in the military , yet you make conceptual mistake after conceptual mistake which really brings into question that you even understand what a line of command is and how it functions. Do you think that President Obama had anything to do with searching for, locating, and negotiating the exchange? That was done way down the line of command and the decision to make the exchange was sent up the chain until the exchange was approved. You do not even know if the President had anything to do with the anything other than his approval of the mission. Do you think that Presidents really are involved in day to day military operations? President Obama made the decision based upon recommendations of the military line of command, and bringing home one of our soldiers is a clear priority of the military. His decision right or wrong did not originate from him, but the buck does stop at his desk.

Obama knew. He claims not to know much because people like you accept such immature testimony. Do you think Jimmy Carter was in all of the details of the fiasco that happened at Desert One in 1980? No. But what happened when it failed. He OWNED it like a man should because as CINC, it is his job to know the details. Funny, as he announced the swap and had the Bergdahl's at the WH, he knew plenty. Now that it has come out as totally inappropriate, he claims to not know and you claim the same. Like the failure of Obamacare, he owns swapping a deserting PVT E-2 (he never earned Sgt) for five Taliban generals. Failure, epic failure.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:You claim you have served in the military , yet you make conceptual mistake after conceptual mistake which really brings into question that you even understand what a line of command is and how it functions.

As an enlisted member, Karl has never made command decisions, and that is where his conceptual mistakes originate from. That responsibility falls to the officers in command, and I am sure those who ordered the initial search for Bergdahl were orders of magnitude higher than Karl is in rank.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bergdahl has stated that he was going to another base to report misconduct. That would mean he didn't trust his superior officers. We know there was a problem with military misconduct in Afghanistan. He has every right to defend himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/us/panetta-warns-military-over-cases-of-misconduct.html?_r=0

KarlRove

KarlRove

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You claim you have served in the military , yet you make conceptual mistake after conceptual mistake which really brings into question that you even understand what a line of command is and how it functions.

As an enlisted member, Karl has never made command decisions, and that is where his conceptual mistakes originate from. That responsibility falls to the officers in command, and I am sure those who ordered the initial search for Bergdahl were orders of magnitude higher than Karl is in rank.

That's where you are quite wrong LT. I bet I have commanded more folks than you even as an E-4/E-5 in the Marines. My last 5 months I was the commander for B Co HQ platoon at 2nd AAV Bn in charge of transient Marines and those approaching EAS. I had an entire platoon of LVTP-A1s that I was in charge of due to the other three platoons prepping for a deployment to Norway. I also guided a group referred to as ____ birds who ended up with a better inspection record during the CG inspection than the line platoons heading out for their trip. Half my group of 25+ Marines graded at OUTSTANDING for this event.

The point is "the buck stops with Obama" on Bergdahl. The negotiations are all on him as are the results. He owns it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:It's OBAMA'S JOB TO KNOW ....

It is not the President's job to know every damn detail of everything that happens in the war zone. I sincerely doubt that had the President truly known this was a possible misconduct case, he would not have invited Bergdahl's parents to the Whitehouse like he did.

General Joseph Dunford (current USMC Commandant) was in charge of things on the ground in Afghanistan during the Bergdahl swap, and likely was fully aware of the whole thing.

Dunford is a smart man and a good guy and would not have given the administration ill advice concerning the swap and recovery of the man.

But TechSgt KarlRove, sea-lawyer that he is, already has Bergdahl, tried, convicted, and hauled before a firing squad.....
Razz

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:Insane defense of the Bergdahl swap  11091298_1027821793944616_3440086529820413721_n

So if Obama is insane for simply following normal protocol in bringing our troops home, what sort of terms would you use to describe someone who gives their life in search of Bergdhal?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Where is the evidence these soldiers were killed looking for Bergdahl?

nadalfan

Good read

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/17/untangling-mysteries-behind-bowe-bergdahls-rescue-mission-320891.html

...The full truth—that the Army sent infantrymen on dangerous missions to find a soldier it knew was no longer missing—is far more complicated, and confounding.

Forged in the political heat of TV news studios, the vitriolic descriptions of Bergdahl’s character and behavior do not match what those who knew him best say about him now. “He was a heck of a soldier,” says Bergdahl’s friend from 2nd Platoon. “He was odd. He was different, which is why the other guys didn’t like him.… He did meditating and Buddhist stuff and people thought it was weird. I’m weird. Everyone is weird in their own way.”

In politics and war, simple myths are more useful than complex realities. The soldiers who searched for Bergdahl did so without question, and in their selflessness, they called upon the military’s essential and sacred codes of honor. The families and small towns that lost men in those searches bear a powerful witness to the horror and confusion of America’s longest war. They deserve an honest accounting of what happened to their sons and why.

And as he prepares to defend himself against the charge that he caused their deaths, so does Bowe Bergdahl."

KarlRove

KarlRove

Nope, for the hype and TV coverage trying to spin this positive ( calling Bergdahl a hero) , Obama needed to ask questions to vet this incident. He didnt and now it bites his booty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum