Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DoD broke two federal laws during Bergdahl swap

+4
Sal
boards of FL
knothead
gatorfan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gatorfan

Of course Obama is also culpable as the CinC since the DoD only does what he tells them to do. He wants to spike the ball for "successes" so let's see if he steps up and takes responsibility for the mistakes. Of course there is nothing to worry about because Holder will sweep this under the rug too. That old cover-up rug sure is getting lumpy.....

"Obama administration officials broke two federal laws when they exchanged Taliban warriors for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the government’s top investigative office said in a legal report Thursday.

Officials should have given Congress a 30-day heads-up, and also illegally switched money from one account to another to conduct the swap, the Government Accountability Office said."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/21/audit-finds-obama-wh-broke-law-bergdahl-exchange/#ixzz3B3z7ETj1

Nothing matters... that reporter than was beheaded apparently had a ransom offer. Why do one and not the other?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/world/middleeast/isis-pressed-for-ransom-before-killing-james-foley.html?_r=0&referrer=

Of course any negotiation with these groups only legitimizes them. It's ironic that we're now fighting the same enemy as assad.

What a clusterfuck.

knothead

knothead

What a clusterfuck.

I couldn't agree more pkr . . . . truer words have never been spoken!

boards of FL

boards of FL

GOP 2014! Because Obama broke two laws while securing the safety of a captured serviceman!

Remember when we were running arms through libya to the syrian rebels? No... I didn't think so.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Remember when we were running arms through libya to the syrian rebels? No... I didn't think so.

Remember when the two ugliest lesbians in Congress (McCain and Graham) were advocating for a full on invasion?

Yeah, me neither.

Obama has done as little as possible for the rebels in Syria, and the little he has done has been to placate our allies in the region and Repukes in Congress.

There was never any serious consideration of toppling Assad.

Can you imagine if we had taken McCain and Graham's advice?

I didn't think so.

Thank gawd, there are some adults in charge this time around.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Another poster would have crafted this thread title a bit differently:

Semi-retired President Barrack Hussein Obama shockingly BROKE TWO FEDERAL LAWS during the Berghdhal prisoner swap!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Remember when we were running arms through libya to the syrian rebels? No... I didn't think so.

Remember when the two ugliest lesbians in Congress (McCain and Graham) were advocating for a full on invasion?

Yeah, me neither.

Obama has done as little as possible for the rebels in Syria, and the little he has done has been to placate our allies in the region and Repukes in Congress.

There was never any serious consideration of toppling Assad.

Can you imagine if we had taken McCain and Graham's advice?

I didn't think so.

Thank gawd, there are some adults in charge this time around.

Guess who those syrian rebels are?

by boards of FL Today at 4:57 pm
GOP 2014! Because Obama broke two laws while securing the safety of a captured serviceman!
-----
Captured? How about traitor who defected?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:GOP 2014!  Because Obama broke two laws while securing the safety of a captured serviceman!

We still don't know that, from all accounts he is a deserter and we (we never negotiate with Terrorists) released the hand chosen five worst terrorists at GITMO.

I bet 2seaoat would love to sit across from you in a poker game.

This doesn't count all the other laws broken in Fast and Furious, IRS, AP, NSA, Benghazi, and now ISIS.

Do you think our semi-retired president gives a hoot for Bergendahl? President Obama was out on the links before the press room emptied after his few words about an American civilian have his HEAD CUT OFF ON VIDEO. On the links while the family of this journalist were on TV discussing their dead son.

President Obama has QUIT!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Do you think our semi-retired president gives a hoot for Bergendahl? President Obama was out on the links before the press room emptied after his few words about an American civilian have his HEAD CUT OFF ON VIDEO. On the links while the family of this journalist were on TV discussing their dead son.

I think poster Markle's myopia is getting the best of him. He is starting to sound like a broken record.

Keep riding that hamster wheel, Markle. I am sure it will take you somewhere eventually....

DoD broke two federal laws during Bergdahl swap Mobius-wheelguy4

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Z that
Is the stupidest response you have ever made

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Nothing matters... that reporter than was beheaded apparently had a ransom offer. Why do one and not the other?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/world/middleeast/isis-pressed-for-ransom-before-killing-james-foley.html?_r=0&referrer=

Of course any negotiation with these groups only legitimizes them. It's ironic that we're now fighting the same enemy as assad.

What a clusterfuck.

Clearly, your confused at American policy. Let me give you some pointers --
Isis is partly funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar our allies. The Shiias of Iraq are allies of Iran (our enemy), and the Shiias are a principal target of Isis. Assad -- our claimed enemy -- is fighting Isis in Syria. The Kurds -- who have opposed the Maliki led government of Iraq, and who were oppressed by an Iraqi army whose training and equipment we furnished, are now our principal allies in the fight against Isis forces. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt -- who we helped overthrow Mubarak (our friend for several decades) -- is an Isis supporter. The current government of Egypt supports Hamas, another of our supposed enemies. We supported the overthrow of Gaddafi, and the Libyans destroyed our embassy in Benghazi.

Shit. You're right. It's a clusterfuck!

But our next president, Hillary or Ted Cruz will know what to do. Right?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:GOP 2014!  Because Obama broke two laws while securing the safety of a captured serviceman!

We still don't know that, from all accounts he is a deserter and we (we never negotiate with Terrorists) released the hand chosen five worst terrorists at GITMO.

I bet 2seaoat would love to sit across from you in a poker game.

This doesn't count all the other laws broken in Fast and Furious, IRS, AP, NSA, Benghazi, and now ISIS.

Do you think our semi-retired president gives a hoot for Bergendahl?  President Obama was out on the links before the press room emptied after his few words about an American civilian have his HEAD CUT OFF ON VIDEO.  On the links while the family of this journalist were on TV discussing their dead son.

C'mon. Obama addressed the issue and then went to play golf. Remember when Dubya did the same thing? Most of us do.

All true... but we were also running arms though libya to syrian rebels... including isis. Gawd we're dumb.

PkrBum wrote:All true... but we were also running arms though libya to syrian rebels... including isis. Gawd we're dumb.

DoD broke two federal laws during Bergdahl swap Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKl_xmEzj1sFS7g5W9UWB2bmytcQtodGzBM97BiRX-WuL-vB1gIA

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5MVFKKR4GA

Smile 

2seaoat

If the law was broken, take the issue to the supreme court. It will not be done because the restrictions on the executive branch where exigent circumstances require executive action are protected in our constitution as interpreted by the Supreme Court. Again, another box of rocks award. Take it to the Supremes if you think you are right......there are plenty of cases which will shake that box of rocks. Just because the GAO says the law was not followed does not make the same illegal or unconstitutional......take it to the Supremes and learn.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:If the law was broken, take the issue to the supreme court.  It will not be done because the restrictions on the executive branch where exigent circumstances require executive action are protected in our constitution as interpreted by the Supreme Court.   Again, another box of rocks award.   Take it to the Supremes if you think you are right......there are plenty of cases which will shake that box of rocks.  Just because the GAO says the law was not followed does not make the same illegal or unconstitutional......take it to the Supremes and learn.

You are a legend in your own small mind. Now you claim to have superior legal knowledge over the government’s top investigative office. What a hoot!

"Just because a law was not followed does not make same illegal"

Remember that next time you blow through a red light and a cop gives you a ticket. It's just another law after all. You can use your "legal expertise" to defend yourself in court.

You can be really, really dense most of the time, but other times you're brain is just impenetrable.

You're very entertaining 2SO, thanks for the 2SO edgimakation style legal lesson of the minute.

2seaoat

You are a legend in your own small mind. Now you claim to have superior legal knowledge over the government’s top investigative office. What a hoot!

You do not even recognize the legal issue I raised. So of course you could not comprehend the issue......just like the difference in the appointing and confirmation of Ambassadors, you simply do not have the requisite knowledge to carry on an intelligent conversation. I have no concerns about my understanding of the issue......it is pretty simple and well established in a long line of Supreme Court cases. The commander in chief cannot have congress micro manage operational decisions of our military, and any notice requirements are trumped by that long line of Supreme Court cases. Keep trying, but do not even think you grasp this issue.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:You are a legend in your own small mind. Now you claim to have superior legal knowledge over the government’s top investigative office. What a hoot!

You do not even recognize the legal issue I raised.  So of course you could not comprehend the issue......just like the difference in the appointing and confirmation of Ambassadors, you simply do not have the requisite knowledge to carry on an intelligent conversation.   I have no concerns about my understanding of the issue......it is pretty simple and well established in a long line of Supreme Court cases.   The commander in chief cannot have congress micro manage operational decisions of our military, and any notice requirements are trumped by that long line of Supreme Court cases.   Keep trying, but do not even think you grasp this issue.

You poor sad man, I actually feel a little sorry for you now. All alone in your self-created wilderness of delusion.

Sal

Sal

I don't know about the funding issue, but Congress was briefed on this repeatedly and even was allowed to screw the pooch at least once.

2seaoat

All alone in your self-created wilderness of delusion.

Chief Justice Chase:
The power to make the necessary laws is in Congress; the power to execute in the President. Both powers imply many subordinate and auxiliary powers. Each includes all authorities essential to its due exercise. But neither can the President, in war more than in peace, intrude upon the proper authority of Congress, nor Congress upon the proper authority of the President… . Congress cannot direct the conduct of campaigns,

My self created wilderness is an education and the ability to read.....try it sometime, you might actually begin to understand the world you live.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Do you think our semi-retired president gives a hoot for Bergendahl? President Obama was out on the links before the press room emptied after his few words about an American civilian have his HEAD CUT OFF ON VIDEO. On the links while the family of this journalist were on TV discussing their dead son.

I think poster Markle's myopia is getting the best of him. He is starting to sound like a broken record.

Keep riding that hamster wheel, Markle. I am sure it will take you somewhere eventually....

You have nothing and you decide to go out of your way to PROVE that you have nothing.

I'm so impressed.

Abraham Lincoln
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If the law was broken, take the issue to the supreme court.  It will not be done because the restrictions on the executive branch where exigent circumstances require executive action are protected in our constitution as interpreted by the Supreme Court.   Again, another box of rocks award.   Take it to the Supremes if you think you are right......there are plenty of cases which will shake that box of rocks.  Just because the GAO says the law was not followed does not make the same illegal or unconstitutional......take it to the Supremes and learn.

DoD broke two federal laws during Bergdahl swap LaughingDog

2seaoat

I will type this slowly.......it was a military operation to retrieve a member of the armed force........start reading some Supreme Court cases on the subject, and then have a conversation.......but feel free to cut and paste somebody laughing.......until you actually addressed the concept.....I have to admit..... I am snickering a bit....just a little bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum