Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VICE: Our Rising Oceans

+4
othershoe1030
nadalfan
2seaoat
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 10:15 am

Sal

Sal

2VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 10:56 am

2seaoat

Vice is the best tv journalism available. I posted this on the other thread last week after watching it. I am so tired of being told that the ice sheet is growing by Mr. Markle when Vice clearly explains that the sheet which grew was one meter thick, and was a direct result of all the ice being lost on the western end of the mile high ice sheet which is being undercut as huge sections are fracturing a dropping in the sea. Their advanced ice mapping has confirmed the loss of ice.

There is ZERO dispute among scientist. We are going to be experiencing a sea level rise. Period! My homes which are only 13 feet above sea level are going to be at risk in any near miss Hurricane surge, and Santa Rosa Island will not be saved in the next fifty years.......just a little longer than a standard mortgage. Reality.

3VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 11:02 am

nadalfan

Thanks for sharing that video. Like our VP, I also believe the deniers are going to be left behind...at least I hope

There is some hope
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-13/china-s-carbon-emissions-drop-for-the-first-time-since-2001

4VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 11:37 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We record all the Vice programs and watch when we feel able to endure distressing information! They get right to the point and explain the issues.

The complete explanation of why that meter thick area of ice was growing and how that fit into the overall scheme of things was well done.

Pointing out an isolated anomaly such as the one area growing in size is a familiar ploy of the reality twisters on the right who are working for the extraction industries of the world.

Again we see propaganda trying to masquerade as reality or news on the various talk radio programs and I imagine F news follows the story of the "growing ice mass" too?

What short-sighted thinking.

5VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 11:59 am

2seaoat

It is pure evil propaganda. The science mapping the ice is not in dispute. We are losing massive amounts of ice and to have these fools trying to convince folks with limited reading or alternative information sources that Global Warming is a hoax and the ice at the poles is actually growing.......idiocy would be too kind, but it is the evil of the propagandist who has pecuniary interests which must be revealed. We see how easily our Congress is bought and paid for by foreign nations, and the oil industry, as they use racial strife to divide and conquer America without invasion.....we are seeing our wealth and blood stolen by evil. It is time for the light of truth to be shined on the propagandist.

6VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 12:07 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:It is pure evil propaganda.  The science mapping the ice is not in dispute.  We are losing massive amounts of ice and to have these fools trying to convince folks with limited reading or alternative information sources that Global Warming is a hoax and the ice at the poles is actually growing.......idiocy would be too kind, but it is the evil of the propagandist who has pecuniary interests which must be revealed.  We see how easily our Congress is bought and paid for by foreign nations, and the oil industry, as they use racial strife to divide and conquer America without invasion.....we are seeing our wealth and blood stolen by evil.  It is time for the light of truth to be shined on the propagandist.

It is pure evil and it is propaganda and it should be exposed in such a way as to cripple the liars ability to move forward with continued lies.

One problem is the propaganda machine itself. It is huge and has dedicated disciples as shown in market surveys. We will have to rely on what's left of the free press and people on the inside to expose what's going on...and then of course the story will have to be reported! Seems we are on a deadly treadmill of controlled messages. It is hard to break this cycle.

7VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 12:56 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Well, I am going to go on record as being a climate change denier, so hit me with your best shots.

I cannot accept the arguments that our coastal areas will be flooded from sea level rise in 50 years (or less as some have claimed) because of CO2/GHG emissions.

Part of my problem is I cannot wrap my arms around where this all came from. I have said before that I earned my MS in Biology and Coastal Zone Studies from UWF at age 40, in 1992. My coursework included the political, social, and scientific aspects of the coastal zone. Climate change and global warming was not even mentioned in any of my coursework by professors or students alike. It should have been a front-burner issue in 1992; just as much as it is now.

I am just highly suspicious of a movement that sprang-up seemingly out of nowhere, craves political power, and desires to control mankind in a very draconian fashion. There is more to this than just 'rising seas'.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 12:58 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Today at 11:56 am
Vice is the best tv journalism available. I posted this on the other thread last week after watching it. I am so tired of being told that the ice sheet is growing by Mr. Markle when Vice clearly explains that the sheet which grew was one meter thick, and was a direct result of all the ice being lost on the western end of the mile high ice sheet which is being undercut as huge sections are fracturing a dropping in the sea. Their advanced ice mapping has confirmed the loss of ice.

There is ZERO dispute among scientist. We are going to be experiencing a sea level rise. Period! My homes which are only 13 feet above sea level are going to be at risk in any near miss Hurricane surge, and Santa Rosa Island will not be saved in the next fifty years.......just a little longer than a standard mortgage. Reality.
-----

Who was stupid to build on a barrier island? You were.

9VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 12:59 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Climate change is wealth redistribution by the scaredy cat liberals.

10VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 1:00 pm

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well, I am going to go on record as being a climate change denier, so hit me with your best shots.

I cannot accept the arguments that our coastal areas will be flooded from sea level rise in 50 years (or less as some have claimed) because of CO2/GHG emissions.

Part of my problem is I cannot wrap my arms around where this all came from. I have said before that I earned my MS in Biology and Coastal Zone Studies from UWF at age 40, in 1992. My coursework included the political, social, and scientific aspects of the coastal zone. Climate change and global warming was not even mentioned in any of my coursework by professors or students alike. It should have been a front-burner issue in 1992; just as much as it is now.

I am just highly suspicious of a movement that sprang-up seemingly out of nowhere, craves political power, and desires to control mankind in a very draconian fashion. There is more to this than just 'rising seas'.

Did you watch the video?

Are those scientists lying about the loss of ice?

Do you seriously think that much ice loss would not result in rising seas?

11VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 1:54 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Climate change is wealth redistribution by the scaredy cat liberals.

Thank you for continuing on a daily basis to play the part of an idiot republican Tihadist, puppeting the propaganda of the Kochs and big oil, because you are unable to think for yourself.

Good job.  Hope you and yours can swim ....

12VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 2:25 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

As
A
Matter if fact I was WSQ while in the Marines.

13VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 2:42 pm

2seaoat

Who was stupid to build on a barrier island? You were.

I invested in real estate on Navarre Beach. I made over a 1/4 million profit in five years from that investment and got out after Ivan where my property was one of the few which had no damage. It sold quickly at the top of the market. After Ivan, only fools would remain knowing that science is absolutely certain about the polar ice melting and the sea level rising. There is no debate, and now I am stuck with three homes on canals which are connected to Escambia Bay which are only 13 feet above sea level......Not too many people want anything to do with waterfront anymore.....even with the memory of Ivan and Dennis hitting a 1 -2 combination, slowly fading........buyers are pretty sophisticated.....buy high.....visit low.....is the new saying along the Gulf Coast. I bought low when having ocean access waterfront was a plus......it no longer is.

14VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 4:26 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well, I am going to go on record as being a climate change denier, so hit me with your best shots.

This is a very interesting post. You must have the academic background to be able to under the science? What piece of this global warming or climate change is difficult for you to get your arms around?

Of course 23 years ago, with the course content lagging slightly behind the latest discoveries and theories it is not TOO difficult to imagine that the professors weren't dealing with the cutting edge papers on this topic?

What sort of research into the history of the theory of climate change have you done? It seems to me, given your background in coastal studies that you would be looking into this out of curiosity?

15VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 7:38 pm

2seaoat

I think if Z takes the time to see the sophisticated ice mapping techniques from airplanes being used to measure the total loss of ice, and the length that these measurements have been happening, he will modify his opinions. There is no debate on ice loss.

16VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 10:40 pm

2seaoat

Mr. Markle is silent about the repeated times he claimed that ice was gaining at the poles.....an outright lie not based on science or measurements. What say you Mr. Markle to the truth that we are losing massive amounts of ice where you said we were gaining ice.....and why did your source make this chit up when they had been mapping the deep ice loss for almost two decades......propaganda to fool.......shame on you.

17VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 11:13 pm

Markle

Markle

Seven years ago, climate change alarmist Al Gore predicted that the North Pole could be completely liquidated by 2014 due to the impending threat of global warming. Subsequent reports have found that his impetuous prediction has in fact resulted in the opposite: a dramatic increase in the amount of ice covering the pole.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/expanding-arctic-ice-stymies-al-gores-predictions/#5M5bDLB4G707dRrA.99

18VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/14/2015, 11:36 pm

2seaoat

Your link is a total lie. It is completely wrong. Did you watch the Vice report. For twenty years they have been measuring the ice, and for twenty years they have been losing massive amounts of ice. The satellite photos show a gain to the east of one meter thick ice, which is largely a direct result of the massive loss of ice from the western side where the depth of ice is almost a mile thick, and it is melting at an amazing rate. It is this melting and condensation which is creating the thin sea ice to the east. They have been measuring the ice not from satellites but by ground piercing sonar on planes which fly exact measuring routes and the data is irrefutable......massive amounts of ice are gone, and the sea level is starting to rise with measurable incursions of sea into former land areas in Bangladesh and other island nations.

You posted lies from an obscure source......how did that happen.....were you just lucky to find it, or are you part of an evil cabal passing lies as propaganda for big Coal. I think we know the answer.

19VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 12:02 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I think if Z takes the time to see the sophisticated ice mapping techniques from airplanes being used to measure the total loss of ice, and the length that these measurements have been happening, he will modify his opinions.  There is no debate on ice loss.

I will admit that I have not studied the subject of climate change deeply. If I ever do I still will not accept the notion of imminent tipping points being reached that will leave Santa Rosa Island flooded within 20-30 years. That reeks of fear mongering.

As far as the science being a slam-dunk with “100% consensus,” I am not going to join the herd that forms the so-called consensus—at least not yet, anyway. I will take it upon myself to study more, however.

What bothers me the most about the man-made climate change movement are its political aspects and aims. CO2/GHG emission limits placed on nations are entirely unenforceable without a global governing body, an enforcement arm (a global army) to enforce compliance, and nations need to be willing to give up their sovereignty to the global governing body. I don’t ever see this happening peacefully, and I certainly do not want the United States to submit to such governance.

Moreover, even without global governance, if politicians in the U.S. decide to enforce CO2/GHG emissions mandates throughout our country, the tentacles of the government will encroach much deeper into our lives than has ever occurred previously. I can already see where this might go.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

20VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 12:26 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Your link is a total lie.  It is completely wrong.  Did you watch the Vice report.  For twenty years they have been measuring the ice, and for twenty years they have been losing massive amounts of ice.  The satellite photos show a gain to the east of one meter thick ice, which is largely a direct result of the massive loss of ice from the western side where the depth of ice is almost a mile thick, and it is melting at an amazing rate.  It is this melting and condensation which is creating the thin sea ice to the east.  They have been measuring the ice not from satellites but by ground piercing sonar on planes which fly exact measuring routes and the data is irrefutable......massive amounts of ice are gone, and the sea level is starting to rise with measurable incursions of sea into former land areas in Bangladesh and other island nations.  

You posted lies from an obscure source......how did that happen.....were you just lucky to find it, or are you part of an evil cabal passing lies as propaganda for big Coal.   I think we know the answer.    

And your "Vice" report is NOT a lie. Got it!

VICE: Our Rising Oceans ArcticIce29percentgrowth

21VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 12:48 am

2seaoat

You did not see the vice report, or you are a simple liar. The entire expansion of the ice sheet is less than one meter thick......and a direct result of the massive ice lost on the western coastal regions where the ice is close to a mile thick. As it melts and condenses, it creates massive thin ice to the east. They have been measuring the ice melt in detail for twenty years. So let me help you with the math.....Antartica is 10 times the size of the thin one meter of ice expansion your lying source tries to befuddle the slow witted. There has been reported as much as 20 feet of ice melting below Antarctica in a year, or sixty times the ice melt of your silly lies about ice expansion. Please watch the vice report and try to deny the math or the loss of ice......citing false science is like a person explaining the sinking of the titanic as being caused by the band playing as it sank........your cite is an outright lie because it assumes that no ice is melting under the mile high ice sheet over the land mass......

22VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 3:09 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You did not see the vice report, or you are a simple liar.  The entire expansion of the ice sheet is less than one meter thick......and a direct result of the massive ice lost on the western coastal regions where the ice is close to a mile thick.  As it melts and condenses, it creates massive thin ice to the east.  They have been measuring the ice melt in detail for twenty years.  So let me help you with the math.....Antartica is 10 times the size of the thin one meter of ice expansion your lying source tries to befuddle the slow witted.  There has been reported as much as 20 feet of ice melting below Antarctica in a year, or sixty times the ice melt of your silly lies about ice expansion.   Please watch the vice report and try to deny the math or the loss of ice......citing false science is like a person explaining the sinking of the titanic as being caused by the band playing as it sank........your cite is an outright lie because it assumes that no ice is melting under the mile high ice sheet over the land mass......

Seven years ago, climate change alarmist Al Gore predicted that the North Pole could be completely liquidated by 2014 due to the impending threat of global warming. Subsequent reports have found that his impetuous prediction has in fact resulted in the opposite: a dramatic increase in the amount of ice covering the pole.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/expanding-arctic-ice-stymies-al-gores-predictions/#5M5bDLB4G707dRrA.99

You're just as reliable as seven years ago.

23VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 10:41 am

2seaoat

a dramatic increase in the amount of ice covering the pole.

You do understand how volume is calculated. You do understand that a thin increase of sea ice at Antarctica does not come close to the loss of ice under the mile deep ice. You do understand that the concept of AREA is not the same as VOLUME, and the volume of ice melting is almost 10 fold greater than the the thin area of new sea ice which is caused by the melting because of warming which is 3 degrees since the 1950s.

24VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 11:40 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

consider:  the climate change deniers best scientific stars are all, virtually all funded by fossil energy corporations.

In Florida, it's a punishable offense for anyone on the state payroll to say things like Global Warming.

That's the conservative answer to global warming:  Make it illegal.  LOL

25VICE: Our Rising Oceans Empty Re: VICE: Our Rising Oceans 3/15/2015, 11:54 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think if Z takes the time to see the sophisticated ice mapping techniques from airplanes being used to measure the total loss of ice, and the length that these measurements have been happening, he will modify his opinions.  There is no debate on ice loss.

I will admit that I have not studied the subject of climate change deeply. If I ever do I still will not accept the notion of imminent tipping points being reached that will leave Santa Rosa Island flooded within 20-30 years. That reeks of fear mongering.

As far as the science being a slam-dunk with “100% consensus,” I am not going to join the herd that forms the so-called consensus—at least not yet, anyway. I will take it upon myself to study more, however.

What bothers me the most about the man-made climate change movement are its political aspects and aims. CO2/GHG emission limits placed on nations are entirely unenforceable without a global governing body, an enforcement arm (a global army) to enforce compliance, and nations need to be willing to give up their sovereignty to the global governing body. I don’t ever see this happening peacefully, and I certainly do not want the United States to submit to such governance.

Moreover, even without global governance, if politicians in the U.S. decide to enforce CO2/GHG emissions mandates throughout our country, the tentacles of the government will encroach much deeper into our lives than has ever occurred previously. I can already see where this might go.

It sounds as if you are over-politicizing this to me. The response to climate change by corporations and nations could just as easily be a voluntary one once they acknowledge the human factor. Let's just say for the sake of argument that CO2 emissions were reduced voluntarily and there was no need for a CO2 global military.

Given that scenario do you see a problem with current CO2 emissions and do you think they contribute to climate change?

Do you agree that temperatures on average have been rising and that this is contributing to ice melt?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum