Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. food prices rising 367% faster than inflation

+2
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.naturalnews.com/045601_food_inflation_chemical_agriculture_collapse.html

Food prices are now skyrocketing across the USA, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Their most recent report (1) reveals that prices of meat, poultry, fish and eggs leaped 7.7 percent over the last year. That's nearly 367% higher than the official 2.1% inflation rate claimed by the federal government. (2)

Sal

Sal

Climate change is gonna be a bitch.

Why? Wouldn't a warmer climate increase growing seasons and make available more northern areas for crop yields?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Why?

Unpredictability.

Sal wrote:

Unpredictability.

Where I live, just under the 45th parallel, you can't plant before june 1st... and the season is short.

I live half way between the equator and the north pole. Try not to worry so much... humans like warmth too.

Sal

Sal

That's nice, but agriculture and epic floods, severe droughts, and other assorted catastrophic weather events do not mix well.

See the price of beef.

dumpcare

They will go up again real soon, factor in the price of transportation.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

They will go up again real soon, factor in the price of transportation.

Ten calories of fossil fuels go into every food calorie consumed by an American.

As costs increase resulting from the increased price of fuel, people will be forced to eat more locally and more seasonally. Backyard chickens and large vegetable gardens might become a normal presence.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Climate change is gonna be a bitch.

U.S. food prices rising 367% faster than inflation Nonein17years8months_zps39ec13f4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only groceries which aren't going up in price are the ones which sell for the same price except with those they've cut the product amount inside the same size package.
And as far as the politicians' claimed rate of inflation, that's just a load of horseshit like everything else politicians claim.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ask those slimy lowlife lying politicians what a quart of milk or a loaf of bread costs. They're good at quoting those phony inflation numbers but I guarantee you they don't have a clue what groceries actually cost. lol

Sal wrote:

Unpredictability.  

U.S. food prices rising 367% faster than inflation Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCt4c6HvU5ivo8hTOizo_6aEVWf6zwWvTrT1aSBh-_e5Qso8BavQ

So now you're saying that those global warming experts can't tell us what the weather is going to do?

Then they most likely can't predict what the climate will do either.

******CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtV9B8VpUB8

Smile 

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Sal wrote:

Unpredictability.  

U.S. food prices rising 367% faster than inflation Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCt4c6HvU5ivo8hTOizo_6aEVWf6zwWvTrT1aSBh-_e5Qso8BavQ

So now you're saying that those global warming experts can't tell us what the weather is going to do?

Then they most likely can't predict what the climate will do either.

******CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtV9B8VpUB8

Smile 

LOL that has always been a point I make when I'm talking to people face to face, real life. Most people agree at that point or at least stop and think. I never use that angle here much because using your own mind to think is not a strong spot for the left on this forum.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Ask those slimy lowlife lying politicians what a quart of milk or a loaf of bread costs.  They're good at quoting those phony inflation numbers but I guarantee you they don't have a clue what groceries actually cost.  lol

As with unemployment figures, the government has about six different cost of living index's which contain different commodities and products. They can pick and chose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum