Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a 20 Hours

+13
ZxxxZ
dumpcare
cool1
Markle
Joanimaroni
knothead
KarlRove
Vikingwoman
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
boards of FL
Sal
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/28/2015, 10:54 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Who knows,  this kid could even be playing for the Wahoos one day.  
It sounds like he'd be the best player on that team already.  lol

But then Sal would have to come back to P'cola to see him play. And a return trip to P'Cola is not exactly on Sal's bucket list. lol

52What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/28/2015, 11:00 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Who knows,  this kid could even be playing for the Wahoos one day.  
It sounds like he'd be the best player on that team already.  lol

But then Sal would have to come back to P'cola to see him play.  And a return trip to P'Cola is not exactly on Sal's bucket list.  lol

I can stomach Pcola for that, Bob.

If my kid can get paid to play a game he loves, I'll be there to see it.

53What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 12:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Whew...what a story....tough kid.

54What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 12:41 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Glad to see things are going your team's way.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

55What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 7:44 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Florida State has a great baseball program.

56What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 1:02 pm

2seaoat

Florida State has a great baseball program.

My only comment is don't let expectations get in the way of kids having fun. My daughter had 11 varsity letters and played two sports in Division 1, but to this day it was the joy of the game and the friends she made participating in sports she cherishes today....not her awards or scholarships. This kid is tough coming back from this type of injury in baseball. My son won 6th in the state in Pole Vault his Soph year, and fourth his jr year and was all state. He was regularly going 15 feet his senior year when the University of Iowa was recruiting him with a campus visit and meeting the track team. However, life had another turn for him. He fell from close to 15 feet before the pit at a meet, and injured his shoulder and knee on the pavement. The injuries healed, but mentally the reckless abandon of the snowboarder/pole vaulter had changed. His senior year he was the favored at state but honestly his mind was no longer there. He had a very bad meet, and did not medal for the first time at the state meet since his freshman year, and the Iowa scholarship vanished. I remember him looking up after missing his final jump. Other kids were throwing their poles and kicking the ground, but he just looked up at us and kept his dignity. I came up to him after the meet and said I have always been proud of your athletic accomplishments, but I have never been prouder than how you handled yourself in defeat. You see sometimes an injury is more than the physical. It can change your approach to a sport. For Sal's son to get right back in there and compete is a remarkable tribute this young man's love of the game of baseball. The expectations can wait, it is that love and fun of the game which as a parent you want to share. The scholarships and honors are not what these kids remember as adults, it will be their friends and the joy of the game. Both of my kids built character with understanding the same, and understanding that as long as you keep that perspective, you can never lose.

57What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 1:26 pm

Any scholarship to college is a great thing. It was especially good for me as my coach was a retired colonel.

I needed a little xtra direction (supervision... lol). I may not have finished had I been on my own as in high school.

I was itching to try pro tennis... and it turned out I wasn't that good. He was a wise and understanding man.

58What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 1:43 pm

2seaoat

I was itching to try pro tennis... and it turned out I wasn't that good. He was a wise and understanding man.

That entire process built strength and success beyond the one dimensional world of school sports. I always know when I meet people in a business environment who have competed and grown, and who has not. I am not saying that defeat is good, but I am saying that these baseball games that Sal's son is playing are far more important in building success in life than a batting average or wins and losses, or scholarship......now having said that I have a splintered bleacher butt from the years of watching my kids play, and I am glad I made the time to attend almost a 100% of their activities......tonight I will watch my granddaughter at basketball practice....she is the one who has said "papa, I am an artist not a basketball player, but in part she is playing because she wants me to be happy, which I feel blessed to watch her now knowing I will never get to see her graduate, be married, or see great grandchildren, so I am happy she is patronizing her papa, and maybe....just maybe.....will find out what I already know......she will be a great basketball player who is pretty good at art too. Very Happy

59What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 3:06 pm

polecat

polecat

Salinsky wrote:Stints removed this morning.

Cleared to return to school tomorrow.

No strenuous activities for six weeks, but on the road to a full recovery.

Thanks for all the kind sentiments and encouragement.

It's appreciated.

Rocking good news Sal best wishes for a speedy recovery.

60What a 20 Hours - Page 3 Empty Re: What a 20 Hours 9/29/2015, 3:59 pm

Sal

Sal

He is tough, and he readily admitted that he was scared getting back in the batter's box.

His first couple of at bats on Saturday were kind of funny.

He was swinging at every single pitch no matter where it was.

I think he was just trying to swat the ball away from him.

After those first couple of attempts, he really settled down though, and it would appear he's quickly returning to form.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum