Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shutdown in four hours

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shutdown in four hours Empty Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 9:21 pm

2seaoat

What is the difference of King George calling our founding fathers terrorist, or Americans calling 10% of elected folks terrorizing and shutting down our government. We later found that our founding fathers were brave patriots......will we not find this group of congressmen to be brave patriots..........

I vote no.......these folks are real terrorists. They are controlled by lobbyist who would destroy this nation rather than to see their special interest handlers lose dollars. The best revolution that money can buy.

2Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 9:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Navy hospital issued furlough letters today. Civilian employees will be on furlough starting tomorrow. Supervisors will remain. Navy civilian legal personnel report tomorrow for a half day.....then their furlough begins.

3Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 9:31 pm

Corporate/employer mandate delay? Ok

Private citizen individual mandate delay? No

Govt employees and family put in obamacare exchange? No

Corporations to put employees in obamacare exchanges? Ok

Unions and countless groups and corporations given waivers and exemptions? Ok

You're happy with each of these decisions I take it?

4Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 9:32 pm

cant wait.

because honestly. I just don't give a fuck.

5Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 9:33 pm

PkrBum wrote:Corporate/employer mandate delay? Ok

LOL

right on.

6Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 10:03 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I wonder if my FIL will get his Civil Service retirement payment tomorrow? MIL gets a small Social Security check, but it also comes around the first of the month. They don't have a lot, but they do have a few thousand $$ in their savings account, which would help them whether the impasse for a bit, anyway.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 11:34 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

SHUT IT DOWN!

Doesn't really mean anything. Well, except to govt workers. Sorry, you work within an administration that thinks you're the cat's meow. Not really! LOL

Enjoy the "DEATH PANELS"!

8Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 11:42 pm

PkrBum wrote:Corporate/employer mandate delay? Ok

Shutdown in four hours Th?id=H.4607856853846566&w=222&h=179&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKCeFDnDiI

Cool 

9Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 11:46 pm

2seaoat wrote:What is the difference of King George calling our founding fathers terrorist, or Americans calling 10% of elected folks terrorizing and shutting down our government.   We later found that our founding fathers were brave patriots......will we not find this group of congressmen to be brave patriots..........

I vote no.......these folks are real terrorists.   They are controlled by lobbyist who would destroy this nation rather than to see their special interest handlers lose dollars.   The best revolution that money can buy.
Shutdown in four hours Th?id=H.4584672570182599&w=298&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Then have your hero and martyr nationalize the damn health care industry and eliminate the special interest health care lobbyists with the stroke of his powerful pen by making all health care employees government workers.

I'd rather spending be cut and bad laws removed by a minority than the continual discrimination being shown by a majority who only want to grant special privileges, and monies, to specific minority groups.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/30/2013, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 9/30/2013, 11:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I hope the shutdown turns into a lot of misery for everyone. Then let the cards fall where they will in November of 2014. That's where this drama will ultimately be played out.

11Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 12:06 am

VectorMan

VectorMan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I hope the shutdown turns into a lot of misery for everyone. Then let the cards fall where they will in November of 2014. That's where this drama will ultimately be played out.
I wouldn't call it drama. Just the final truth.

God help us all!

12Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 12:27 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

13Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 12:46 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Well, moderate Republicans have already said that there are enough GOP votes to pass a spending bill without any attachments to the ACA. Speaker Boehner will not allow it to happen--yet. Senior Republicans have already stated they can really do nothing against the ACA--The President would veto such legislation, and the senate would not try to override the veto. Sooner or later someone will have to blink, and that person will be John Boehner.

The longer the shutdown, the more the backlash will be against those who allowed it to happen. I think the Tea Party is going down hard in November of 2014, and they are going to take a lot of more moderate Republicans down, along with themselves.

Get Ready for Barrack Obama's final two years, with clear Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress. Gee maybe he will try to then do something really radical, like fixing Social Security, or something like that

14Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 7:24 am

2seaoat

This is an expensive disruptive failure which falls squarely on the house republicans. I am starting to email congressmen, and want them to know when you stand by and allow terrorist to harm this country, and claim you are against what they are doing, I call BS.....you are part of the problem.

15Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 7:42 am

Yet you aren't intellectually honest enough to answer my questions... it's you that are partisan and the real problem.

16Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 8:04 am

2seaoat

Yet you aren't intellectually honest enough to answer my questions... it's you that are partisan and the real problem.

To answer your question would require the loss of brain cells which links the operation of the government to a bill passed two years ago. There is no linkage. The issue is to keep our government operating.

17Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 8:13 am

2seaoat wrote:Yet you aren't intellectually honest enough to answer my questions... it's you that are partisan and the real problem.

To answer your question would require the loss of brain cells which links the operation of the government to a bill passed two years ago.   There is no linkage.  The issue is to keep our government operating.
well, then you have no brain cells. because if you cant understand pure simple logic of how that bill passed 2 years ago is the god damn bill we are talking about, then you are a idiot. because in that damn bill passed 2 years ago they have given passes to people and halted parts of it, so now you refuse to answer to someone asking for another half of another part of it, which is the individual mandate and say it doesn't have anything to do with it. Rolling Eyes 

18Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 8:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Get Ready for Barrack Obama's final two years, with clear Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress.
The republicans in the House are not elected nationally.
They're elected in red state districts. So for the republicans to lose ground in the House, that would require that their voting constituents (in those districts) decide to vote against them and instead vote for democrat challengers.
You don't really believe that is gonna happen, do you? lol

19Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 8:38 am

2seaoat wrote:Yet you aren't intellectually honest enough to answer my questions... it's you that are partisan and the real problem.

To answer your question would require the loss of brain cells which links the operation of the government to a bill passed two years ago. There is no linkage. The issue is to keep our government operating.
You're full of shit... not brain cells. Obama delayed the employer mandate. Obama provided a special subsidy for govt employees. Obama issued special exemptions/waivers. Each of which are in contradiction of the law passed two + years ago.

You are a blindly hopelessly agenda driven partisan ideologue... and that should be clear to everyone here now.

20Shutdown in four hours Empty Re: Shutdown in four hours 10/1/2013, 9:05 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:So for the republicans to lose ground in the House,  that would require that their voting constituents (in those districts) decide to vote against them and instead vote for democrat challengers.
You don't really believe that is gonna happen,  do you?  lol

If North Carolina is a bellwether, then it's certainly possible.

Bat shit insane is losing its cachet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum