Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speaking of God...

+5
knothead
Floridatexan
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Speaking of God... Empty Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 9:35 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.henrymakow.com/magnificence-or-nature-as-proof.html

Consider the words of Clement of Rome around 100 A.D:

"The
heavens, revolving under His government, are subject to Him in peace.
Day and night run the course appointed by Him, in no way hindering each
other. The sun and moon, with the companies of stars, roll on in harmony
according to His command, within their prescribed limits, without any
deviation. The fruitful earth, according to His will, brings forth food
in abundance. At the proper seasons, for man and beast and all the
living beings upon it. Never hesitating, nor changing any of the
ordinances which He has fixed.
"

(1st Epistle of Clement)

We
should be focusing our minds upon this and letting go of the brain-rot
of today's culture. There are too many good things that God created for
us to enjoy, and it is worth our while to just turn away from evil and
enjoy the life that God gave us.

2Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 10:26 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is a sincere question and in no way is it meant to be rhetorical or insulting or anything other than just a question.
How can you be sure the whole concept of "God" was not just a part of some conpsiracy or another designed to control the minds of the masses?
My point is that you are skeptical of any kind of authority and power elite most of the time so why are you not skeptical of that same authority and power elite when it tells you about this too?

3Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 10:47 am

Bob wrote:
This is a sincere question and in no way is it meant to be rhetorical or insulting or anything other than just a question.
How can you be sure the whole concept of "God" was not just a part of some conpsiracy or another designed to control the minds of the masses?
My point is that you are skeptical of any kind of authority and power elite most of the time so why are you not skeptical of that same authority and power elite when it tells you about this too?

It is a way to control the masses..
I get a kick out of the ones who wear their religion on their sleeve but by their own words posting on here they don't show any compassion that one would expect out of a "Christian"..
If I can pick them out I'm sure their god can too..
Who do they Really think they're foolin??

4Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 11:22 am

I beleive in GOD.

There's not a human on this planet that could ever change my mind.

5Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 11:25 am

Chrissy8 wrote:I beleive in GOD.

Were you thinkin about him when you were on your fuck it rant?

6Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 11:51 am

Lurch wrote:

I never said I wasnt a sinner.

and my beleifs in God do not match what the main stream christians believe, or any organized religion for that matter.

I dont limit myself to just OTHER PEOPLES ideas of what is.

7Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 11:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

We
should be focusing our minds upon this and letting go of the brain-rot
of today's culture.
Do I have to give up my PC and my smartphone and my home theater and my Prius and my jukebox?

8Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 11:58 am

Chrissy8 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

and my beleifs in God do not match what the main stream christians believe, or any organized religion for that matter.

So what you're sayin is that you're a christian who doesn't live the christian lifestyle.. I get it..

9Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 12:15 pm

Lurch wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

So what you're sayin is that you're a christian who doesn't live the christian lifestyle.. I get it..

Im not gonna call myself anything. How about that?

Is it ok to beleive in God and not call myself anything?

10Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 12:26 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Lurch wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

I don't think you can necessarily label people who believe in a force greater than themselves as Christians. Perhaps they are, perhaps they aren't.

Many people live moral lifestyles without calling themselves "Christians."

The last self-labeled "Christian" who did work on my house wound up in jail for defrauding residents in my community. Hence, I don't give much credence to anyone who feels the need to call themselves or advertise themselves or their businesses as "Christian."

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone on this forum, but my thoughts are based on long experience.

11Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 12:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

I don't think you can necessarily label people who believe in a force greater than themselves as Christians. Perhaps they are, perhaps they aren't.

The last self-labeled "Christian" who did work on my house wound up in jail for defrauding residents in my community. Hence, I don't give much credence to anyone who feels the need to call themselves or advertise themselves or their businesses as "Christian."

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone on this forum, but my thoughts are based on long experience.

There is no bigger red flag for a contractor than the title "Christian."

12Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 1:29 pm

i don't think it's easy to be critical or objective when you are taught things as a child.

13Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 1:41 pm

knothead

knothead

PBulldog2 wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Good point and a very good post.

14Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 2:14 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Me too. But I'd like to know what happened to Adams first wife Lilith and why the gospels of James, Phillip, Thomas and Mary were excluded from the current Bible? And finally, who is the woman to the right of Jesus in Leonardo De Vinci's Last Supper. Since this was the traditional Pass Over supper, wasn't Jesus already dead?

15Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 2:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No matter what is talked about, politics, sex, food, children, aging, relationships, dogs, the weather, nature, stooder, obama, you name it;
it always comes back to this topic.
And it's always the god folk vs the non-god folk. And nary a mind is ever changed.
But that doesn't matter, we always have a periodic need to have this same discussion again anyways. lol

16Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 3:42 pm

Slicef18 wrote:

Me too. But I'd like to know what happened to Adams first wife Lilith and why the gospels of James, Phillip, Thomas and Mary were excluded from the current Bible? And finally, who is the woman to the right of Jesus in Leonardo De Vinci's Last Supper. Since this was the traditional Pass Over supper, wasn't Jesus already dead?

Why do I have to beleive all that to beleive in God? You guys seem to confuse beleiving in God with being a bible toting main stream media stereotypical christian.

Its all interesting. No one owns God or the right to God.

I have my own inner beleifs. I dont push them on people. And no one can lable me. They can, it just wont stick.

17Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 4:39 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If I landed on a desolate planet and there was absolutely no life on that planet and as I surveyed the area I came across the finest sports car I had ever seen sitting in pristine condition just ready to go what would I think ?...I don't think evolution would be even thought of. I would think an advanced civilization and a master craftsman made this.

Only in this goofy world do we think complex wonderful systems with such beauty and functionality just happen.

18Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 4:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I landed on a desolate planet and there was absolutely no life on that planet and as I surveyed the area I came across the finest sports car I had ever seen sitting in pristine condition just ready to go what would I think ?...I don't think evolution would be even thought of. I would think an advanced civilization and a master craftsman made this.

Only in this goofy world do we think complex wonderful systems with such beauty and functionality just happen.

There are only two possibilities.

1. The God of the Bible

2. Everything "just happened".

I'm here to tell you there is no possibility whatsoever that there can be any other explanation.
Just as Ann Coulter said "you're EITHER a liberal OR a conservative if you have an IQ higher than a toaster".
There can be nothing other than liberal or conservative just as there can be nothing other than "God of Bible" or "Just Happened".
It is an impossibility for anything other than that to exist.

19Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:04 pm

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:If I landed on a desolate planet and there was absolutely no life on that planet and as I surveyed the area I came across the finest sports car I had ever seen sitting in pristine condition just ready to go what would I think ?...I don't think evolution would be even thought of. I would think an advanced civilization and a master craftsman made this.

There are only two possibilities.

1. The God of the Bible

2. Everything "just happened".

I'm here to tell you there is no possibility whatsoever that there can be any other explanation.
Just as Ann Coulter said "you're EITHER a liberal OR a conservative if you have an IQ higher than a toaster".
There can be nothing other than liberal or conservative just as there can be nothing other than "God of Bible" or "Just Happened".
It is an impossibility for anything other than that to exist.

Why does it have to be the "God of the Bible" ?

Do you really need to read something to know something of this nature?

Why does it have to be so complicated?

Humans make things so complicated.

20Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:32 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Chrissy8 wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Why do I have to beleive all that to beleive in God? You guys seem to confuse beleiving in God with being a bible toting main stream media stereotypical christian.

Its all interesting. No one owns God or the right to God.

I have my own inner beleifs. I dont push them on people. And no one can lable me. They can, it just wont stick.

"Why do I have to beleive all that to beleive in God?"

You don't have to believe ALL THAT, in fact you don't have to believe any of that to believe in God. Believe in and trust your inner beliefs. That is where God resides. and where he/she talks to you from.

21Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:33 pm

Who made god? Or did he just happen?

22Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:50 pm

Lurch wrote:Who made god? Or did he just happen?

I dont know. Thats for you to ponder.

which came first, the chicken or the egg? and if the chicken or the egg came first how amazing it must have been for there to have been two chickens, a male and a female chicken, or two eggs, one male one female all at the same time so they could replicate. How about that.

Life is fantastically interesting isnt it!

23Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:55 pm

Sal

Sal

Frank Costanza: Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

George Costanza: Why don't we talk about it another time.

Frank Costanza: But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!

Mrs. Ross: Something's missing all right.

Mr. Ross: They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.

Frank Costanza: That's perverse.

Laughing

24Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 5:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy8 wrote:

Why does it have to be the "God of the Bible" ?

Because that's the only version of what "God" is which is societally correct where we live.
If your God is something other than what is described by the Holy Bible then that's considered to be just plain odd in these parts. Even more odd than if your political view is democrat. Because that's one thing that both democrats and republicans even agree on. That the "real" god is ONLY the one described by the Holy Bible.

25Speaking of God... Empty Re: Speaking of God... 9/5/2012, 6:09 pm

Sal

Sal

[quote="Bob"]
Chrissy8 wrote:

Because that's the only version of what "God" is which is societally correct where we live.
If your God is something other than what is described by the Holy Bible then that's considered to be just plain odd in these parts. Even more odd than if your political view is democrat. Because that's one thing that both democrats and republicans even agree on. That the "real" god is ONLY the one described by the Holy Bible.

Are you unfamiliar with Pastafarianism, Bob? We worship the one true god, and there's nothing weird about it.

Speaking of God... Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_alone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum