Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul slams Bush

+7
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
Sal
dumpcare
KarlRove
othershoe1030
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Paul slams Bush Empty Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:47 am

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rand-paul-slams-bush-hypocrisy-on-pot/ar-AA8NnOw

2Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 1:11 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Rand Paul says a lot of things I can agree with and I don't think he is that entrenched in the party machinery. If elected he would be an interesting President for sure. The PTB would keep him between the ditches so he couldn't do anything too absurdly crazy. Who thinks America is ready for some fresh ideas?

3Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 2:07 am

2seaoat

I like Bush, but Paul has him nailed on this issue.....hard to take him seriously if he does not even support medical pot......This one issue is not enough for me to lose support for him, but I hope he can explain his thoughts because if not.....Paul might have a damn good chance.

4Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 2:27 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

No Bush

5Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 10:06 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:No Bush

Why not?

6Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 10:21 am

othershoe1030 wrote:Rand Paul says a lot of things I can agree with and I don't think he is that entrenched in the party machinery. If elected he would be an interesting President for sure. The PTB would keep him between the ditches so he couldn't do anything too absurdly crazy. Who thinks America is ready for some fresh ideas?

I agree. He "seems" not to be entrenched in party politics.

7Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 10:54 am

dumpcare

I would love to see Paul become the leading candidate, but he has to walk a fine line with the tea party and the moderate republican's. Hope he can do this. As an Ophthalmologist he sees the benefit of pot to treat glaucoma and well as other diseases.

Hope the American people can see we need fresh blood and thinking. Whoops that's why Obama was elected. Well I'd vote for Paul.

8Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 11:16 am

I like much of what he says... but I would prefer someone with a stronger record. A campaign pitch is easy.

9Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:03 pm

Sal

Sal

He's been on every side of every issue.

They won't need any other candidates at the debates.

He can just debate his previous positions.

10Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:07 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I like Bush, but Paul has him nailed on this issue.....hard to take him seriously if he does not even support medical pot......This one issue is not enough for me to lose support for him, but I hope he can explain his thoughts because if not.....Paul might have a damn good chance.

You "like" Bush for what reason? Please elaborate. If you even completely disregard the miserable presidency of his brother, I give you an acronym that spells it all out: PNAC.

11Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:25 pm

dumpcare

Sal wrote:He's been on every side of every issue.

Can you remember in your life time any candidate hasn't flip flopped and stayed their position from start to finish? I can't, they all pander to any group and tell them what they want to hear.

12Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:26 pm

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I like much of what he says... but I would prefer someone with a stronger record. A campaign pitch is easy.

I guess the American people proved with obama they could care less about the stronger record.

At least Paul may be able to work with the congress and senate.

13Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:

Can you remember in your life time any candidate hasn't flip flopped and stayed their position from start to finish? I can't, they all pander to any group and tell them what they want to hear.

The worst being Crist.

14Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:38 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:

The worst being Crist.

I donno... bush2 taked a good limited govt conservative game in 00... and like jeb governed that way pretty much.

15Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 12:44 pm

2seaoat

If you even completely disregard the miserable presidency of his brother,
I think it is unfair to judge one candidate by the capabilities of a brother.

16Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 1:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Rand Paul has a little bit of his daddy in him. I'd have to hear more of his positions. I am still a registered "R" and would cross back if the right candidate surfaced.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

17Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 2:17 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:If you even completely disregard the miserable presidency of his brother,

Face it, Seaoat...the whole Bush family is corrupt...always has been. Research it for yourself.

18Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 2:19 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Rand Paul has a little bit of his daddy in him. I'd have to hear more of his positions. I am still a registered "R" and would cross back if the right candidate surfaced.

Cross back for what? Most of the GOP candidates are either under indictment or under investigation. Rand Paul is a raving "libertarian" lunatic just like his father.

19Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 2:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Paul slams Bush Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmpIu9cj_c1Klvs0lXwjlYyMo_1cmMCWM4vAqGS_yuaSwc0Zyy5w

20Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 3:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What are the issues he's switched positions on?

21Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 3:13 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by othershoe1030 Today at 11:06 am
KarlRove wrote:

No Bush

Why not?
----
Bush overreached as governor more so than Scott and he hates public education as well.

22Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 3:18 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

GOP CLOWN CAR RUNS INTO A DITCH
Roger Simon: Big event was 'filled with Republicans acting like third graders'

(POLITICO)

By Roger Simon

The Republican Party’s clown car has become a clown van.

With nearly two dozen possible presidential candidates, the GOP is having a seriousness deficit. There can’t possibly be that many people who are real candidates.

But they can ride in the clown car from event to event, and nobody can stop them.

At the Freedom Summit here Saturday, two dozen speakers ground through 10 hours of speeches in front of more than 1,000 far-right Republicans.

As it turned out, clown car candidates are not necessarily funny. Since they have nothing to lose, they can attack their fellow Republicans with abandon.

Usually they attack from the right, which can force the eventual nominee farther to the right than the nominee wants to go. This risks losing moderate voters in the general election.

This was not a concern at the Freedom Summit, however. The farther to the right, the better.

It was a classic cattle call, with speaker after speaker pandering to the crowd. Sometimes, however, pandering was not enough.

In the circus, the worse thing clowns lob is confetti. In the political circus, the clowns lob grenades. Verbal, to be sure, but they still can be deadly.

Bill O’Brien, a member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, told the crowd: “I don’t know what is worse, nominating someone because he has been nominated once before (i.e., Mitt Romney) or someone who endorses Common Core (i.e., Jeb Bush). Are we going to nominate one of them?”

The audience bellowed: “Noooooo.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/gop-clown-car-runs-into-a-ditch/#sizyz3fPd3f1FjLl.99

This article is an excerpt from a longer article that appeared at POLITICO...here is that link if you'd like to delve deeper into the abyss that is today's GOP.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/gop-clown-car-runs-into-ditch-114565.html?hp=c1_3

23Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 3:52 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:If you even completely disregard the miserable presidency of his brother,

Face it, Seaoat...the whole Bush family is corrupt...always has been.  Research it for yourself.

I voted for his father in the 2012 primary and voted for the Libertarian candidate in the general election.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

24Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 4:32 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Floridatexan Today at 3:19 pm
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Rand Paul has a little bit of his daddy in him. I'd have to hear more of his positions. I am still a registered "R" and would cross back if the right candidate surfaced.

Cross back for what? Most of the GOP candidates are either under indictment or under investigation. Rand Paul is a raving "libertarian" lunatic just like his father.
------
Anyone not a Democrap is a lunatic to you. Most folks already think that in regards to you as well. RP might be good. It sure can't hurt to try and elect someone with different ideas

25Paul slams Bush Empty Re: Paul slams Bush 1/31/2015, 5:55 pm

2seaoat

I think Jeb Bush could be a good President, but I need to await his positions. I do not like that he was against medical pot. I will have a hard time supporting anybody who does not want to give sick people every opportunity to minimize pain without side effects. I do like Paul's positions on Military reduction, but his isolationism is not good for America.....reduction yes, but denial of reality......nope. I still like Christie as my first choice. I like the way he handled the teacher unions in NJ, I like the way he is considered caustic and intelligent. I think he can work across the aisle, and I think he can do something the other crazies other than Bush can do......win.

I voted straight Bush, and certainly think the old man was a good man, and the son turned out to be over his head, but still basically a good man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum