Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Founding Fathers Banned Torture ... Of course their ethics were superior to ours.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/27429-why-the-founding-fathers-thought-banning-torture-foundational-to-the-us-constitution

KarlRove

KarlRove

It wasn't banned. It would have been mentioned in the Constitution had it bothered them enough.

KarlRove

KarlRove

This writer extrapolates "torture" being a part of the due process rights.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Of course the FF were slave owners too so I guess you agree with
That as well

If torture is the complete lack of liberty and inabliable rights... that's the direction our govt is heading.

Congratulations comrades.

Sal

Sal

"I have argued on many occasions that the language of patriotism and appeal to the Founding Fathers and the constitution must not be allowed to be appropriated by the political right wing in contemporary America, since for the most part right wing principles (privileging religion, exaltation of ‘whiteness’ over universal humanity, and preference for property rights over human rights) are diametrically opposed to the Enlightenment and Deist values of most of the framers of the Unites States."

Truer words have never been written.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:"I have argued on many occasions that the language of patriotism and appeal to the Founding Fathers and the constitution must not be allowed to be appropriated by the political right wing in contemporary America, since for the most part right wing principles (privileging religion, exaltation of ‘whiteness’ over universal humanity, and preference for property rights over human rights) are diametrically opposed to the Enlightenment and Deist values of most of the framers of the Unites States."

Who was the writer?

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:
Sal wrote:"I have argued on many occasions that the language of patriotism and appeal to the Founding Fathers and the constitution must not be allowed to be appropriated by the political right wing in contemporary America, since for the most part right wing principles (privileging religion, exaltation of ‘whiteness’ over universal humanity, and preference for property rights over human rights) are diametrically opposed to the Enlightenment and Deist values of most of the framers of the Unites States."

Who was the writer?

Juan Cole.

It's from your link.

lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Who was the writer?

Juan Cole.

It's from your link.

lol

Ouch!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum