Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America Inc can't afford to offer free college tuition. 7 other countries can.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The richest country (after China) in the world, can't afford to offer it's youngsters free university education. It's time for our smart but poor kids to go where the grass is much, much greener. And the education is better too!

See the following:
http://www.alternet.org/education/looking-escape-high-cost-college-these-7-countries-will-educate-you-free?akid=12426.260394.kuhpYe&rd=1&src=newsletter1025408&t=3

Luckily obama went ahead a fully nationalized (fascism style) the student loan biz... and then raised interest rates.

Vikingwoman

"But there’s a whole lot that the politicians usually leave out. First, the rate in question is not on all federal student loans, but one class of them — subsidized stafford loans. Second, the government isn’t hiking the rate on any existing loans — only on new ones. Any loans issued before Monday keep the rate they originally came with. Third, even at 6.8 percent, students are getting a great deal. They are risky borrowers, and no private lender would ever front them money at anything like the rates the government is offering — not to mention the terms."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/07/02/the-truth-about-the-student-loan-rate-increase/

Sure... let's saddle our best and brightest with enormous loans that can be irs garnished and keep them from getting a business loan or even buying their first new car or starting a family and qualifying for a home loan. It must be designed to fail.

But if you want to do nothing with yourself and sponge off society... you get a free pass...

and training, housing, food, obamacaid, childcare, phone, cable, utilities... etc.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:"But there’s a whole lot that the politicians usually leave out. First, the rate in question is not on all federal student loans, but one class of them — subsidized stafford loans. Second, the government isn’t hiking the rate on any existing loans — only on new ones. Any loans issued before Monday keep the rate they originally came with. Third, even at 6.8 percent, students are getting a great deal. They are risky borrowers, and no private lender would ever front them money at anything like the rates the government is offering — not to mention the terms."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/07/02/the-truth-about-the-student-loan-rate-increase/

What the Progressives of this world refuse to understand is that by making loans so easy for stupid students to take out loans, thankfully not available in my time, which makes it easier for all schools to raise their tuition rates. As the rates go up, Progressives whine that they need to give these dumb kids MORE MONEY...which they than cannot repay.

I learned long ago, if something is free, it has no value to the recipient. If it has no value to the recipient, the recipient has no interest.

What great things have been done by countries with "free" education? What great inventions have they provided, what Nobel Prizes have they won in science and math? What great drugs, medical procedures or new technology have they developed in the last fifty years?

Wordslinger wrote:The richest country (after China) in the world, can't afford to offer it's youngsters free university education.  It's time for our smart but poor kids to go where the grass is much, much greener.  And the education is better too!

See the following:
http://www.alternet.org/education/looking-escape-high-cost-college-these-7-countries-will-educate-you-free?akid=12426.260394.kuhpYe&rd=1&src=newsletter1025408&t=3

Horsecaca

Read up on the Post 9-11 GI Bill. It is a very generous program I am using myself.

100% tuition/books to almost any college/university in the nation
E-5 BAH living stipend based on zip code (I'm getting almost 800 per month for 6 grad hours)

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:"But there’s a whole lot that the politicians usually leave out. First, the rate in question is not on all federal student loans, but one class of them — subsidized stafford loans. Second, the government isn’t hiking the rate on any existing loans — only on new ones. Any loans issued before Monday keep the rate they originally came with. Third, even at 6.8 percent, students are getting a great deal. They are risky borrowers, and no private lender would ever front them money at anything like the rates the government is offering — not to mention the terms."

What the Progressives of this world refuse to understand is that by making loans so easy for stupid students to take out loans, thankfully not available in my time, which makes it easier for all schools to raise their tuition rates.  As the rates go up, Progressives whine that they need to give these dumb kids MORE MONEY...which they than cannot repay.

I learned long ago, if something is free, it has no value to the recipient.  If it has no value to the recipient, the recipient has no interest.

What great things have been done by countries with "free" education?  What great inventions have they provided, what Nobel Prizes have they won in science and math?  What great drugs, medical procedures or new technology have they developed in the last fifty years?

I went to college on the Korean GI Bill. Many thousands of vets did the same, particularly after WWII. And we did win nobel prizes, and made great strides in science and math. Once again, Herr Markle, you are unable to separate your Nazi ideals from fact. Reality.

BUt don't forget Wordslinger, we vets are less than 1% of the population. The cost is significantly less for us.

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:

What the Progressives of this world refuse to understand is that by making loans so easy for stupid students to take out loans, thankfully not available in my time, which makes it easier for all schools to raise their tuition rates.  As the rates go up, Progressives whine that they need to give these dumb kids MORE MONEY...which they than cannot repay.

I learned long ago, if something is free, it has no value to the recipient.  If it has no value to the recipient, the recipient has no interest.

What great things have been done by countries with "free" education?  What great inventions have they provided, what Nobel Prizes have they won in science and math?  What great drugs, medical procedures or new technology have they developed in the last fifty years?

Wrong again Markle. I went to college on a grant of which otherwise I wouldn't have gone. It has always been of great value to me and something I wouldn't have obtained otherwise. I became a working tax paying productive democrat who didn't suck off the govt.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
Markle wrote:

Wrong again Markle. I went to college on a grant of which otherwise I wouldn't have gone. It has always been of great value to me and something I wouldn't have obtained otherwise. I became a working tax paying productive democrat who didn't suck off the govt.

Not wrong. Let me guess, you got your grant for mediocre and poor grades, spotty attendance and a couple of arrests.

PkrBum wrote:Sure... let's saddle our best and brightest with enormous loans that can be irs garnished and keep them from getting a business loan or even buying their first new car or starting a family and qualifying for a home loan. It must be designed to fail.

But if you want to do nothing with yourself and sponge off society... you get a free pass...

and training, housing, food, obamacaid, childcare, phone, cable, utilities... etc.

America Inc can't afford to offer free college tuition.  7 other countries can. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBPqB_q5O_kV8xq6IYbosnraZaN44xexU-hlECW1GXbWjyxNwtAA

All that remains is for the government to hand out free booze, drugs, and sex, so we can all...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDQ5ao4JKE

Very Happy

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Markle wrote:

Not wrong.  Let me guess, you got your grant for mediocre and poor grades, spotty attendance and a couple of arrests.

Nope. I did the arresting. LOL!

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
Markle wrote:

Not wrong.  Let me guess, you got your grant for mediocre and poor grades, spotty attendance and a couple of arrests.

Nope. I did the arresting. LOL!

Oh...so you were working for your grant....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum