Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The democrats are wrong on free education for college

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We have almost 10 million jobs year in and year out which cannot be filled by qualified people, yet the Democrats think we should offer everybody a free college education. I have no problem with federal subsidies to Junior Colleges in America cutting the cost in half. I have no problem with a rationing board which based on specific unfilled jobs rations out 100% subsidy to students who meet the criteria to take courses to fill those jobs, and changes in student loans which will be direct without the government making a profit, and limited to a set amount nationally and continues to be non dischargeable in bankruptcy. The secondary student loan market will have higher interest charges, but will be totally dischargeable loans in bankruptcy.

A nation which cannot meet its educational needs to train its citizens, and thinks its wise to double down on that proposition to win young people's votes is doing a great disservice to the nation and to the very young people who are suppose to benefit from these policies.

If the focus began on high school dropouts and the young on ssdi, welfare, and with children themselves I can agree.

The goal should be to promote self reliance and sufficiency. Those that are inspired and capable already go to college.

Throwing more money into the college system than necessary to ensure opportunity just inflates cost for everyone.

2seaoat

Besides inflating the costs it raises expectations only to be smashed by graduates not having the requisite skills to get good jobs and fill the structural gap. This pandering by the Democrats to get young people's votes is wrong at many levels. I want cheaper education costs for all young people. I do not have problems with making massive subsidy to Junior colleges which can make school much less expensive than today. However, making something free is sending the wrong message. Give me your vote and I will give you something. We can criticize the Republican Party for the subsidies and tax cuts for the rich, but this is equally wrong. 100% subsidy for areas we need to train people to fill the structural gap, but across the board free school is why I have said Bernie is Naive....President Obama is Naive. We need a healthy two party system, and the hate which has taken over the Republican Party now almost discounts any policies which may be correct and necessary because the Party has lost its credibility, and the Democrats just because they fight hate does NOT make all their policies correct.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum