Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

While America argues whether evolution is real, science in other countries is leaving us behind.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Talk about the fast elevator to third world status we're now all riding on -- thanks to right wing provocateurs who insist on a 9th century theocracy.

"Take America, they used to be a modern superpower. What a shame."

http://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the-new-superpower-in-physics/39179?utm_medium=pp&utm_source=HF1&utm_campaign=pp

Reality!

KarlRove

KarlRove

It's nothing to so with the right homie, it's Obamas desire to fundamentally change the USA as he has stated more than once

KarlRove

KarlRove

And there was no America in the 9th
Century

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:It's nothing to so with the right homie, it's Obamas desire to fundamentally change the USA as he has stated more than once

sorry War Hero, you're wrong yet again. It isn't Obama who's contending that science isn't real, it's your brethren of the Christian right, backed up by terrified republican centrists who are afraid to speak up for what they know is truth. Your number one contender was asked in England if he believed in evolution and he punted on the question.

It's coming down to your stupid bible vs. all of the scientific community.
No wonder India's science is surging ahead of ours!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:And there was no America in the 9th
Century

No one said there was. But what you right wing fundamentalist Christians apparently want is a primitive theocracy that harkens back to the 9th Century, with little Bobbie Rae studying the science of creationism -- which leaves him and all his kind floundering around like country bumpkins in a world of technology that has left them far behind as bait for exploitation.

While our scientists have to continually argue reality with dumb fucks like you and your freaky Christian brethren, India is leaving us behind in physics.

Reality War Hero. Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Your hate for all things Christian is overwhelming your ability to rationally debate any topic. Some of our greatest American scientific breakthroughs in science have been by very religious people. The speed at which the atomic bomb was developed comes to mind.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Good Lord created the universe in 7 days and then He rested.  That's how it happened.  Karl Rove didn't come from no monkeys, commies, or atheists no matter what the COWH says.  Nuff said.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Your hate for all things Christian is overwhelming your ability to rationally debate any topic. Some of our greatest American scientific breakthroughs in science have been by very religious people.  The speed at which the atomic bomb was developed comes to mind.

Sorry to burst your bubble again War Hero; Einstein was an Atheist.

And that was back before you and your whacko brethren decided learning, science and intellectualism were evil. In simple terms, people like me are against stupidity, and people like you aren't.

And meanwhile, other countries are surging ahead of us.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Your hate for all things Christian is overwhelming your ability to rationally debate any topic. Some of our greatest American scientific breakthroughs in science have been by very religious people.  The speed at which the atomic bomb was developed comes to mind.

And that was back before you and your whacko brethren decided learning, science and intellectualism were evil.  In simple terms, people like me are against stupidity, and people like you aren't.

Einstein was Jewish. So were Teller, Szilard, Oppenheimer et al.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

KarlRove wrote:

Remember,  Judaism is a religion,  not a race.  Just like queers can do,  a Jew can choose not to be Jewish and very many do make that choice.
Now with that in mind,  read this...

Albert Einstein once said the following in an interview for G. S. Viereck’s book Glimpses of the Great.

“I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds… The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.”

Creationist leaders like Ray Comfort and Ken Ham also use this quote as proof that Albert Einstein did not side with atheists. However, that interview is not the only time Albert Einstein spoke on the subject of God.

Einstein’s final opinions on the matter were shared in a letter he wrote one year before his death, in 1954. According to Letters of Note, Albert Einstein wrote to the philosopher Erik Gutkind after having just read Gutkind’s book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt. In this letter, Einstein made his views on God as clear as possible, including the following quote.

“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me.”

Einstein’s letter has since been auctioned off. Richard Dawkins bid on the letter and failed to win the auction, but that doesn’t change that he and other atheist activists appear to be right about Albert Einstein’s religious stance. It’s possible that Einstein simply did not approve of the atheist label, and chose not to identify as such despite lacking a belief in the God of the Bible or other religions.

What do you think? Does this prove Albert Einstein didn’t believe in God?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1538169/was-albert-einstein-an-atheist-or-not-read-his-final-words-on-god/#rC0ZiWgI4cStIbvg.99

http://www.inquisitr.com/1538169/was-albert-einstein-an-atheist-or-not-read-his-final-words-on-god/

So it's unclear how Einstein came down on the topic of "God".  However he does make his opinion of the Bible very clear.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually after reading that again, I think what he's saying is very clear.
His opinion on this and mine are almost identical although he communicates it a little differently.
I have said what my belief is many many times here. That human beings have no capacity to understand and comprehend the nature of existence.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

And that was back before you and your whacko brethren decided learning, science and intellectualism were evil.  In simple terms, people like me are against stupidity, and people like you aren't.

War Hero, when you have dug yourself into a deep hole, stop digging. Below, Bob explains and quotes Einstein's final statement on God and religion.

Do you really believe a Jew must follow the Jewish religion? And you call yourself a teacher? My Dad was a Jew -- and a follower of the Torah.
My mother was a Mormon from Salt Lake. I'm an atheist. Q: Am I a Jew, or a Gentile, or?

According to Judaism, I'm not Jewish since she was a Christian.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum