Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: Labor Force Situation ticks down to 62.7%. Lowest in 36 Years.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Keep up the good work. You tell one part of the story with your rose colored glasses and I'll fill in, as Paul Harvey was famous for saying, "The Rest of The Story".

BLS Employment Situation: Labor Force Situation ticks down to 62.7%. Lowest in 36 Years.

Unemployment drops

September’s unemployment rate falls to 5.9 percent; down from 6.1 percent the previous month the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today leaving only 9.3 million unemployed.

Part-timers stuck

About 7.1 million of September’s employment base are actually working part-time but prefer full-time according to the reports.
Roughly two-thirds had their hours cut back and one-third accepted a part-time job and are still looking for full-time. Fortunately, this number is declining slightly compared to last month and last year.

Marginally unemployed still out of work

Another 2.2 million unemployed persons are not counted in unemployment figures.
This number has not improved from a year before. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics classifies them as marginally attached to the labor force because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks before the September survey. They are not counted even though the Labor Department says they “wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months.”

Long-term jobless still unemployed

The good news is that the number of long-term unemployed is down by 1.2 million since this month last year. Of all unemployed, 31.9 percent are now long term. As jobless benefits run out, these people tend to drop out of the labor market which improves the unemployment rate.Job growth catching up with population growth making the labor participation rate an important gauge as to our progress.

Labor participation rate 36-year low

The civilian labor force participation rate continues to fall now at its lowest point since 1978. September’s 62.7 percent is down a tenth from last month but down half a percent from a year before. The employment-population ratio is holding steady for a fourth consecutive month at 59.0 percent.

http://www.examiner.com/article/unemployment-drops-slow-recovery-september-2014

Markle

Markle

Information my far left Progressive friends just do not want to see. Go figure....

BLS Employment Situation:  Labor Force Situation ticks down to 62.7%.   Lowest in 36 Years. Cricketschirpingjpg

2seaoat

The employment-population ratio is holding steady for a fourth consecutive month at 59.0 percent.

Thank you for posting a source to confirm what I have been saying. Do you even understand what you have posted? I look forward to your yellow blazer explanation.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Boards is living rent-free in semi-retired poster Markle's mind. Whenever Boards posts employment statistics, Markle feels compelled to start a new thread that claims something exactly opposite. It helps make this place highly entertaining.

There was a reason only crickets chirped on this thread......... Cool

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

I simply responded with facts that our economy is in shambles when you have reached the lowest labor force in THIRTY SIX YEARS.

How do we increase the income taxes being paid when far fewer people are working than were working 36 years ago?

2seaoats answer will be to INCREASE THE PUNISHMENT ON MORE PEOPLE WHO PLAY BY THE RULES!

2seaoat

Still unable to understand the population bubble which is retiring. This has become hilarious. My friends who are now retiring early with money in the bank and enjoying life are the reason our conditions have never been worse.......a yellow jacket economic explanation.......thank you, at least your simpleton economic explanations bring a smile to my face. You are a hoot. Has it dawned on you that your foolishness in using the statistical reality of babyboomers retiring to create the false impression that this somehow diminishes the economic recovery which is statistically sound and obvious to anybody with a high school education is meant for somebody who is witless. Fortunately, only a few are fooled by hocus pocus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum