Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August. Unemployment ticks down to 5.1%

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=467000&cust=mam&year=2015&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

The headline may not look it but there's plenty of strength in the August employment report. Nonfarm payrolls rose only 173,000 which is at the low-end estimate, but the two prior months are now revised up a total of 44,000. The unemployment rate fell 2 tenths to 5.1 percent which is below the low end estimate and the lowest of the recovery, since April 2008. And wages are strong, with average hourly earnings up 0.3 percent for a 2.2 percent year-on-year rate that's 1 tenth higher than July. Debate will definitely be lively at the September 17 FOMC!

Private payroll growth proved very weak, at only 140,000. Government added 33,000 jobs vs July's 21,000. Manufacturing, held back by weak exports and trouble in energy equipment, shed a steep 17,000 jobs followed by a 9,000 loss for mining which is getting hit by low commodity prices. A plus is a 33,000 rise in professional & business services and a respectable 11,000 rise in the temporary help subcomponent. This subcomponent is considered a leading indicator for long-term labor demand. Retail rose 11,000 with vehicle dealers, who have been very busy, adding 2,000 jobs following July's gain of 11,000.

The participation rate remains low, unchanged at 62.6 percent. Other details include a 1 tenth downtick in the broadly defined U-6 unemployment rate to 10.3 percent. The workweek rose to 34.6 from 34.5 hours.

Seasonality, especially the timing of the beginning of the school year, always plays an outsized role in August employment data which are often revised higher. Policy makers are certain to take this into consideration at this month's FOMC. There's something for everybody in this report which won't likely settle expectations whether the Fed lifts off or not this month.

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% Showimage

boards of FL

boards of FL

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

Democrats continue their relentless War on Women!

RECORD 56,253,000 Women Out of the Labor Force

by Caroline May 4 Sep 2015

The number of women out of the U.S. labor force reached another record high in August, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The BLS reported Friday that 56,253,000 women, ages 16 and older, were not participating in the workforce in August. That’s up 44,000 from July,
when 56,209,000 women were neither employed nor had made a specific effort to find work in the four weeks prior.

The trend for women is similar to the national figures. The month of August saw a record number of men and women out of the labor force, exceeding 94 million for the first time.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/04/record-56253000-women-out-of-labor-force/

Yep 173,000 part time jobs that have no benefits or retirement package.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-07/698k-native-born-americans-lost-their-job-august-why-suddenly-most-important-jobs-ch

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% Domestic%20vs%20foreign%20August%202015_0

The chart is especially important because what it shows for just the month of August will be enough to provide the Trump - and every other - campaign with enough soundbites and pivot points to last it for weeks on end: namely, that in August a whopping 698,000 native-born Americans lost their job. This drop was offset by 204,000 foreign-born Americans, who got a job in the month of August.

698K Native-Born Americans Lost Their Job In August: Why This Suddenly Is The Most Important Jobs Chart

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bum...............p

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% ?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm5.staticflickr.com%2F4048%2F4545266822_5c30bcc60c_z

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-07/698k-native-born-americans-lost-their-job-august-why-suddenly-most-important-jobs-ch

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% Domestic%20vs%20foreign%20August%202015_0

The chart is especially important because what it shows for just the month of August will be enough to provide the Trump - and every other - campaign with enough soundbites and pivot points to last it for weeks on end: namely, that in August a whopping 698,000 native-born Americans lost their job. This drop was offset by 204,000 foreign-born Americans, who got a job in the month of August.

698K Native-Born Americans Lost Their Job In August: Why This Suddenly Is The Most Important Jobs Chart

Absolutely hilarious.  The economy added 173,000 jobs.   That is reality.  

But pay no attention to that.  This guy says we actually lost 494,000!  Must be true!

Why stop there? Why not say we lost 10,000,000 jobs in August? If we're making shit up, why not go all out?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Obamasucks wrote:Yep 173,000 part time jobs that have no benefits or retirement package.

You make this argument every month, and every month I show you this chart from the BLS. Part time work for economic reasons has been on the decline for the last six years. Counter to your claim, more people are not working part-time due to economic reasons.

Now, the first time you made this argument, you had the alibi of being ignorant. You weren't aware of the fact that part-time work is on the decline.

But now, after having been shown that part-time work is on the decline several times, as you continue making this same argument, it points to the idea that you're simply dumb.

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% LYsjEsm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% 005i_270_ch_bls

Well you will note on this chart the only thing growing is illness, government and education jobs...actual productive jobs are falling precipitously ...  you know those jobs that actually produce something tangible that pay for those other jobs that are pretty much just a drain on the overall economy.....If this keeps up it will be even a worse crash than I can imagine...oh I am supposed to call you a name like you do me......let's see.....what do you think of that Mr. poopy pants ?

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% 005i_270_ch_bls

Well you will note on this chart the only thing growing is illness, government and education jobs...actual productive jobs are falling precipitously ...  you know those jobs that actually produce something tangible that pay for those other jobs that are pretty much just a drain on the overall economy.....If this keeps up it will be even a worse crash than I can imagine...oh I am supposed to call you a name like you do me......let's see.....what do you think of that Mr. poopy pants ?

Do you actually understand how to read a chart?  The chart that you just posted indicates that we're adding jobs in all categories except for 1) Mining & Logging, 2) Other, and 3) Manufacturing (edit: and Information one month).   Seriously,  are you chart-illiterate?

Also note that you're only looking at a three month snapshot there.

Government jobs in January 2009: 22,579,000
Government jobs in August 2015: 21,995,000

Net change in government jobs: (584,000)

Translating this for TEO, the US has shed 584,000 government jobs during Obama's time in office.

What about private sector jobs?

Private sector jobs in January 2009: 111,398,000
Private sector jobs in August 2015: 120,293,000

Net change in private sector jobs: 8,895,000

TEO, trust me when I say that you're wasting your time paying attention to all of this stuff.  You simply don't get it, and you're not smart enough to ever get it.  You would likely find that your quality of life would improve if you simply focused things other than politics. Start a garden. Learn to cook. Take up a hobby of reading books. Whatever you do, avoid politics and stay home on election day. Do us all a favor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Do you actually understand what makes money and what costs money ?

all those added jobs cost money and all those lost jobs made money.  

It's not that hard to understand....

okay let me try....I pick bananas and you buy one from me. I made money by selling a product to you. we both are enriched.

on the way home I stop and pay for my car tag with my banana money....so now my productive work feeds a job class that produces nothing but a permission.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Do you actually understand what makes money and what costs money ?

all those added jobs cost money and all those lost jobs made money.  

I just showed you that, during the Obama era, we have shed 580,000 government jobs and added nearly 9 million private sector jobs. How else can I dumb this down?

Gov jobs go down. Private jobs go way up.

Does that version make sense to you?

Perhaps it is the case that in addition to not being able to read a basic bar graph, you also don't understand what certain words mean.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I saw the other day where more and more cops are being added to the collective payroll...I also saw where a cop that suspiciously killed a man retired.
He is being paid $7k a month in retirement....he is producing nothing. He is a total drain as are many others on a system that no longer produces much of anything...Where does his money come from ?  I think you are confused as to where money is supposed to come from....

Here maybe you commie progressives will understand this example better...

When Stalin wanted to increase his army and it's weapons he confiscated the produce of the farmers in surrounding countries and let those productive people starve to death ..he even put men with guns in towers around the fields to keep them from getting any of the grain. He then sold that grain outside his country and used that money to buy military hardware.  

He didn't go to the bureaucrats they didn't produce anything of value.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Federal employees are at higher numbers than they were under Bush...there has been a drop in State and local employees and  all those jobs are propped up with an infusion of money direct from the federal government...why propped up ?...because government  doesn't produce anything and our economy can't support them otherwise, because our economy is effectively DEAD ...we gave it to China.

The recession has caused unemployment numbers to rise to the highest level in 36 years. Knowing which states are the richest in the U.S. can assist you in finding employment. The richest states in the U.S. are denoted by median income of the household. Jobs in the following states may be the key to success for those actively seeking employment.

The Top 10 Richest States in America 2014:
#1. Maryland

Median household income: $71,122, Population: 5,884,563
Maryland is the richest state with a median income level of $71,122. Maryland is the only state to have a median income over $70,000. The occupations showing the most growth in this state are home health aides, network systems workers, data communication analysts, database administrators, computer software engineers, and medical assistants.

Read more: http://www.richestlifestyle.com/richest-states-in-america/#ixzz3lAET5wKp

Data and pills....great productive economy....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Federal employees are higher numbers than they were under Bush...there has been a drop in State and local employees and  all those jobs are propped up with an infusion of money direct from the federal government...why propped up ?...because government  doesn't produce anything and our economy can't support them otherwise, because our economy is effectively DEAD ...we gave it to China.

Federal Government jobs in January 2009: 2,786,000
Federal Government jobs in August 2015: 2,738,000

Net change in Federal Government jobs: (51,000)

Here again, you're wrong.  Let's review what has happened here.  

1)  The BLS Employment situation report came out and indicated 173,000 jobs were added to the economy in August.

2)  ObamaSucks claimed that those jobs are mostly part-time work.  I corrected him (below).

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% LYsjEsm

3)  TEO posts an article to a guy who cites himself as a source for the idea that the economy really lost over 400k jobs in August.  I corrected him (below).

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

4) TEO posts a chart indicating that the US economy is adding jobs in all sectors accept mining & logging, manufacturing, and "other"; and then proceeds to misread that chart.  I corrected him.

5)  And now TEO continues with the faulty line of reasoning that we're only adding government jobs - ignoring everything that I have shown him in this thread.  I corrected him again.

By a show of hands, who here thinks that TEO and ObamaSucks are capable of consuming information and learning?  By a show of hands, who here thinks that TEO and ObamaSucks can be said to be considered "informed" with respect to the labor market?  If we were to ask TEO right now, "TEO, have government jobs increased or decreased during the Obama era?", who here thinks TEO would be able to answer that question correctly?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Data and pills....great productive economy....

TEO, I'm going to level with you here. You're an idiot. You subscribe to ideals that are on the wrong side of history. I think the average person would find you to be despicable. Seriously, get a hobby. There is still time to enjoy your life. Take up cooking. Learn to play tennis. Sit on the couch and watch TV. Basically, do anything but attempt to understand economics and politics. Given your skillset - whatever it is - you simply aren't suited to competently contribute to discussions of politics, economics, or social policy. The Denver Broncos aren't going to run the read option with Peyton Manning because he is old, fragile, and lacking in athleticism. That said, he still excels by doing things that he is good at.

TEO, you're clearly not good at this stuff. Stop trying to run the triple option. Go do whatever it is that you're good at instead.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Any decline in government numbers is largely a result of the financial crisis. With revenue in shorter supply, state governments have a mandate to balance their budgets, cut staff.

Yup the economy sucks so bad that a bunch of government employees retired...at least we are not still paying for them...oh yeah pensions....

Admit it Boards...our country/economy is a snake eating itself......it's just a matter of time till it all falls down....

But keep blowing that sunshine up my trouser leg it feels so good.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Any decline in government numbers is largely a result of the financial crisis. With revenue in shorter supply, state governments  have a mandate to balance their budgets, cut staff.

So now that your claim that federal government jobs have increased under Obama has been shown to be objectively wrong, rather than humbly stand corrected you are now moving on to the next idiotic argument that you just pulled out of your ass.  Now apparently federal government jobs have decreased (oops!), and that is because of a bad economy.   It's so idiotic that it defies words.  

173,000 jobs were added to the economy in August

TEO:  Oh yeah?  Well...well...we really lost over 400k jobs.  How about that?!?!?  

(TEO is shown to be wrong)

TEO:  OK...well...uh....well...they're all government jobs! How about that?!?

(TEO is shown that 580k government jobs have been shed under Obama)

TEO:  Ok...well....uh....well...OK...I got it...they're all federal government jobs!  Ha!  How about that, huh?!?!

(TEO is shown that federal government have declined as well)

TEO:  Ah ha!  Well then that means that the economy is so bad that we can't even create new government jobs!  There!  How about that?!?1

Do you see what is happening here?  Stupid argument after stupid argument.  You don't do any research.  You're not even remotely informed.  You don't understand any of the basic principles or the ideas that you're talking about here.  And after each stupid argument, you're hit with reality.   Rather than learn and evolve your worldview and grow as a human being, you for whatever reason reject reality and basically fabricate a new, even dumber argument each time.   Does this cycle ever end?  Wouldn't your time be better spent doing some yard work?   Aren't there any recipes that you have always wanted to make but have never had time to try out?  There must be something interesting to watch on TV or YouTube.

Basically, any of these activities would be more productive than sitting here, making up arguments as you go without any knowledge, and continuing to confirm to us all exactly how dumb and uninformed you are.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Boards federal jobs don't go away they just stop working and hit their golden parachutes. Stats lie and we are being lied to. If you don't want to believe that then I understand. You ignore what you don't want to see. It's bad and probably worse than they tell us. Chill out as much fun as this is I don't want you getting an Aneurism and croaking. I want you to enjoy the fun of a desperate authoritarian government trying to control raging masses.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Pay
Average annual salary for full-time federal government jobs now exceeds $81,258 and The average annual federal workers compensation, including pay plus benefits, now exceeds $123,049 compared to just $61,051 for the private sector according to the United States Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Yup Federal employees are well compensated for producing NOTHING....

polecat

polecat

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% 11953206_874565632619769_4661523067451441907_n

BLS Employment Situation: 173,000 jobs added to the economy in August.  Unemployment ticks down to 5.1% 1314989299559_4410396

If you're working on Labor Day, thank a conservative.- LOLGOP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum