Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLS Employment Situation: 142,000 jobs added to the economy in August. Unemployment ticks down to 6.1%

+4
Markle
Joanimaroni
gatorfan
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

gatorfan

And now for Paul Harveys the Rest of the Story

(Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed on Friday, and the benchmark S&P 500 was on pace for its first weekly drop in five, following a weak payrolls report that reassured investors the Federal Reserve wouldn't speed up plans to hike interest rates.

Stock index futures pared losses after the release of the employment report, which showed nonfarm payrolls rose 142,000 in August, the smallest increase in eight months, while the unemployment rate slipped to 6.1 percent as people dropped out of the labor force.

The soft jobs report doused worries that the Fed might consider moving up plans for an interest rate hike at its next meeting in mid-September after a recent flurry of economic data pointed to a strengthening economy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/05/us-markets-stocks-idUSKBN0H013X20140905

boards of FL

boards of FL

And now for even more of the story...

Private sector jobs in January 2009: 111,397,000

Private sector jobs in August 2014: 117,221,000

Net change in private sector jobs during the Obama era: 5,824,000

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:And now for even more of the story...

Private sector jobs in August 2014:  117,221,000

Net change in private sector jobs during the Obama era:  5,824,000

And what other direction could it have gone when you start at the bottom? You have not made a point. Aunt Matilda could have been Pres with the same result. What a joke.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

gatorfan wrote:And now for Paul Harveys the Rest of the Story

(Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed on Friday, and the benchmark S&P 500 was on pace for its first weekly drop in five, following a weak payrolls report that reassured investors the Federal Reserve wouldn't speed up plans to hike interest rates.

Stock index futures pared losses after the release of the employment report, which showed nonfarm payrolls rose 142,000 in August, the smallest increase in eight months, while the unemployment rate slipped to 6.1 percent as people dropped out of the labor force.

The soft jobs report doused worries that the Fed might consider moving up plans for an interest rate hike at its next meeting in mid-September after a recent flurry of economic data pointed to a strengthening economy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/05/us-markets-stocks-idUSKBN0H013X20140905

Slipped down from 6.2%.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:And what other direction could it have gone when you start at the bottom?

The opposite direction or sideways?

Markle

Markle

Semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama sets ANOTHER RECORD!

Record 92,269,000 Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Matches 36-Year Low

September 5, 2014 - 9:07 AM
By Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - A record 92,269,000 Americans 16 and older did not participate in the labor force in August, as the labor force participation rate matched a 36-year low of 62.8 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The labor force participation rate has been as low as 62.8 percent in six of the last twelve months, but prior to last October had not fallen that low since 1978.

Read more: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/record-92269000-not-labor-force-participation-rate-matches-36-year-low

Markle

Markle

BoardsofFL is much like 2seaoat. Accepting the massive failure of this administration is a bitter pill indeed. One they are will to lie and obfuscate to cover and deny. Whatever and ANYTHING it takes to not look like the fools they were made by swallowing all the Kool Aide.

U.S. Economy Adds 142,000 Jobs in August, Widely Missing Views

By Dunstan Prial/
Published September 05, 2014

The U.S. economy added just 142,000 jobs in August, far below expectations as major sectors such as manufacturing, retail and transportation saw weak job creation.

The unemployment rate fell by 0.01 percentage point to 6.1%, according to figures released Friday by the U.S. Labor Department.

Analysts had predicted 225,000 new jobs and that the unemployment rate would drop slightly from its 6.2% level a month ago.

Meanwhile, the labor force participation rate also fell to 62.8% in August, from 62.9% in July, another disappointment. The Labor Department also said job creation in June and July was 28,000 lower than initially reported.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/09/05/us-economy-adds-142000-jobs-in-august-widely-missing-views/

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:BoardsofFL is much like 2seaoat.  Accepting the massive failure of this administration is a bitter pill indeed.  One they are will to lie and obfuscate to cover and deny.  Whatever and ANYTHING it takes to not look like the fools they were made by swallowing all the Kool Aide.

By  Dunstan Prial/

The U.S. economy added just 142,000 jobs in August, far below expectations as major sectors such as manufacturing, retail and transportation saw weak job creation.

The unemployment rate fell by 0.01 percentage point to 6.1%, according to figures released Friday by the U.S. Labor Department.

Analysts had predicted 225,000 new jobs and that the unemployment rate would drop slightly from its 6.2% level a month ago.

Meanwhile, the labor force participation rate also fell to 62.8% in August, from 62.9% in July, another disappointment. The Labor Department also said job creation in June and July was 28,000 lower than initially reported.

Read more:  http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/09/05/us-economy-adds-142000-jobs-in-august-widely-missing-views/

Even if your spin were, in fact, the truth why would you act so celebratory? Are you for or against America and, giving you the benefit of the doubt, why would you seem so gleeful if this is the dire job creation you portray? Unless I am misrepresenting your view you seem overjoyed that America's economic rebound hit a bump in the road . . . . again, if true, why would you be so fucking gleeful?? Are you the Commie among us that wants America to fail?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:BoardsofFL is much like 2seaoat.  Accepting the massive failure of this administration is a bitter pill indeed.  One they are will to lie and obfuscate to cover and deny.  Whatever and ANYTHING it takes to not look like the fools they were made by swallowing all the Kool Aide.

By  Dunstan Prial/

Read more:  http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/09/05/us-economy-adds-142000-jobs-in-august-widely-missing-views/

Even if your spin were, in fact, the truth why would you act so celebratory? Are you for or against America and, giving you the benefit of the doubt, why would you seem so gleeful if this is the dire job creation you portray? Unless I am misrepresenting your view you seem overjoyed that America's economic rebound hit a bump in the road . . . . again, if true, why would you be so fucking gleeful?? Are you the Commie among us that wants America to fail?

He goes for anything if it gets his side closer to political power....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

142k is quite a drop from what had been being added. It's more failure

y boards of FL Yesterday at 10:56 am
And now for even more of the story...

Private sector jobs in August 2014: 117,221,000

Net change in private sector jobs during the Obama era: 5,824,000
-----
Boards....why did it drop so significantly from 200k per month to just 142k? How is this recovery? Those 5
Million jobs pay 23% less. Most are PT averaging just 34
Hours per week.

Boards left this part of the story out:

The economy generated just 142,000 jobs August, the Labor Department said Friday, well below the average of 212,000 over the previous 12 months. The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, but only because more people without jobs stopped looking for one and were no longer counted as unemployed

knothead

knothead

Yet my questions go unanswered . . . . I will stipulate that economists expected a more robust job growth number so this would be considered disappointing but making such a spiking-the-ball nitpicking issue out of a single month following months of job growth sounded to me like a celebration . . . . . . why would any of us want to say YEA TEAM because of a single disappointing job growth month?
I, of course, know and understand the answer and it is that we have sadly lost the collective ability to all be Americans and to all be pulling for America; instead, we bury ourselves within the cocoon of partisanship digging away endlessly trying to portray a point-of-view we believe to be honorable. Our country has many challenges and the rabid coarseness of debate on this forum reveals to me one of our biggest challenges . . . . . the ability to do what is best for our nation and its people.
America will prevail in the end!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Yet my questions go unanswered . . . . I will stipulate that economists expected a more robust job growth number so this would be considered disappointing but making such a spiking-the-ball nitpicking issue out of a single month following months of job growth sounded to me like a celebration . . . . . . why would any of us want to say YEA TEAM because of a single disappointing job growth month?
I, of course, know and understand the answer and it is that we have sadly lost the collective ability to all be Americans and to all be pulling for America; instead, we bury ourselves within the cocoon  of partisanship digging away endlessly trying to portray a point-of-view we believe to be honorable.  Our country has many challenges and the rabid coarseness of debate on this forum reveals to me one of our biggest challenges . . . . . the ability to do what is best for our nation and its people.

I imagine it has something to do with the topic posted.  The fact is the expected numbers fall short of the predictions.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:Yet my questions go unanswered . . . . I will stipulate that economists expected a more robust job growth number so this would be considered disappointing but making such a spiking-the-ball nitpicking issue out of a single month following months of job growth sounded to me like a celebration . . . . . . why would any of us want to say YEA TEAM because of a single disappointing job growth month?
I, of course, know and understand the answer and it is that we have sadly lost the collective ability to all be Americans and to all be pulling for America; instead, we bury ourselves within the cocoon  of partisanship digging away endlessly trying to portray a point-of-view we believe to be honorable.  Our country has many challenges and the rabid coarseness of debate on this forum reveals to me one of our biggest challenges . . . . . the ability to do what is best for our nation and its people.

I imagine it has something to do with the topic posted.  The fact is the expected numbers fall short of the predictions.

I do understand that . . . . what I fail to understand is the gleeful nature of the messenger and that sounds pathetically partisan and anti American at the very least. It is without question politics before patriotism . . . .

Sal

Sal

The rightwing in this country has devolved into a gaggle of insecure, cowardly wimps who care nothing about the common good, and are only interested in undermining liberals in any way they can because they're smarter, happier, and better looking. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I do understand that . . . . what I fail to understand is the gleeful nature of the messenger and that sounds pathetically partisan and anti American at the very least.  It is without question politics before patriotism . . . .  

Perhaps they assumed Boards was gleeful.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I do understand that . . . . what I fail to understand is the gleeful nature of the messenger and that sounds pathetically partisan and anti American at the very least.  It is without question politics before patriotism . . . .  

You know what ASS UME means do you not?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

You know what ASS UME means do you not?

But of course....

The Democrats stopped pulling for America a long time ago and started this collective attack on society with norms, values, and customs the polar opposite of what a strong America should be focused around. Obama didn't take on getting people those shovel ready jobs as he claimed, he did stupid stuff like CASH FOR CLUNKERS which reduced the decent amount of drivable used vehicles for people who couldn't afford to buy new or even trade. All those cars swapped for new ones at dealerships are forever gone and at an exhorbitant cost to the taxpayer.....

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/28/autos/clunkers_analysis/

Then again he didn't focus in on jobs, he went straight to the military and started in on "Don't ask, Don't tell"....how does that help the economy fix itself? No, it was just another social issue that he wanted to appease his base on. Not one bit of positive economic impact was made on rescinding this policy. No shovel ready jobs came out of this.

Then of course, we had to try and take people's guns after a couple shooting incidents....which had this actually passed, might have closed an entire industry of well paying jobs.

The list of failures to address our economic issues goes on and on and in the words of Seaoat and Z, "why weren't the CEOs and industry captains running the Ponzi schemes that got us into the financial abyss in 2008 punished for their actions?" Still waiting on that one...maybe it's because people like Barney Frank would be in prison today for forcing banks to make subprime home loans to people who had no intention or means to pay back said home loans? Everyone has to have a house, right? I don't. I live in an apartment. It'll be more than two years before I can even think of buying a home now after the military decided to not allow me to continue to work based on some statistics regarding my health and ability to serve. It's not like I hump a pack and kick doors, I look at eight computer screens, one with a video feed, the others with information unmentionable here and I wear (wore) a headset talking to the supported units on the ground ensuring that they were safe and secure while performing their missions. I still have no closure on this either because of when my illness occurred my unit was geographically separated from the parent unit. SO those are now bickering over who is responsible to do the Medical Exclusion Board package. The longer they take, the longer I have to wait for my VA compensation.

Anyhow, I digress...

Boards comes in here every month and then every quarter with his statistics that are spun by the Geobbles' of the COWH and he knows good and well his stats are pretty much bad news. He refuses to understand that while we may very well have replaced the jobs lost when the recession started, they were replaced with PT jobs that pay less (23%), are PT, and have no benefits whatsoever. How is this a recovery?

He spins Obamacare as if some blessing from heaven when in reality, it is going to crush the middle and upper middle class into dust with higher taxes to pay for those who can't or won't get their own insurance. (now we are looking at MILLIONS of ILLEGALS up to bat to get their cut of the pie after the midterm elections) WE STILL do not know how many people have BOUGHT and PAID for Obamacare nor do we know of those who BOUGHT and PAID for this crap, had done so because their insurance wasn't up to the Obamacare law standard and they were forced to do so. Remember, "if you like your doctor you can keep him. If you like you insurance, you can keep it." Those words were a bald faced lie. He knew that wasn't the case. Then the law was shoved through Congress without any ideas from the rest of America. THAT IN ITSELF WAS SPIKING THE FOOTBALL.

America is more divided now than ever before because we have a segment of society who think something is owed to them and we have a segment of society that doesn't care what the government spends to give to the first group because they will just up the taxes to do so or borrow more money from China. Weimar Republic anyone??? I hope it never is to the point of inflation that it takes a wheelbarrow full of money to buy that McDonald's cheeseburger....from workers who demand $15 an hour for a no-skill job.

The people who go to work every day, show up on time, bust their keester, want a future better for their kids, trying to pay for braces etc are tired of watching a growing segment of society get their stuff for free without effort aside from what voting lever they pull. There is the dividing line.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That was quite a manifesto that you just delivered, PeeDog. Too bad it was mostly made up of baloney from the various sources that you allow to fill your head with information.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:That was quite a manifesto that you just delivered, PeeDog. Too bad it was mostly made up of baloney from the various sources that you allow to fill your head with information.

Your disagreement doesn't make it any less valid. Heck, I even quoted you. Was that statement baloney?

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:That was quite a manifesto that you just delivered, PeeDog. Too bad it was mostly made up of baloney from the various sources that you allow to fill your head with information.

You read all of that??!!

I'd need a huge chunk of cheese to go with all that whine. 

Sal wrote:

You read all of that??!!

I'd need a huge chunk of cheese to go with all that whine. 

Good enjoy fact for once instead of the reality you think that plays in your noggin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum