Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated

+7
Floridatexan
cool1
Vikingwoman
QueenOfHearts
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Vikingwoman

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:yes it was a different time.

and now with all the fluffy puffy dont swat your kids group we can see that we have way more teen crime and a whole lotta other crap.

Do you always just make shit up?

http://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05200

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated - Page 3 Qa05200

1. Confusing correlation with causation fallacy.

The chart is being used inappropriately to indicate that there is a correlation with causation. Namely that juvenile crime is down.

The chart could just as easily indicate that...

The juveniles could just be getting smarter about not being caught or the law enforcement officers just don't care.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnNAGLAc_w

Smile

You are beyond dense.  Chrissy said that 1) we have "way more teen crime" today and 2) this phenomenon is caused by the fact that parents are spanking less.

Chrissy is the one who implied a causal relationship between spanking and teen crime.  All I did is provide the underlying facts that show us that her entire premise is wrong - because teen crime is currently near historical lows.

Now, if you wish to make the case that teen crime really isn't at historical lows and that it may very well be much higher due to the suggestion that today's teens are smarter and are getting caught less, well, that is certainly your choice.  Just realize that you're speculating out of your ass.

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9C1WSR2ZhLj9_y0P8zGf5XkavlzJ3JCU2NY_JohYkNNoTaUrk

I'm simply pointing out your statistical fallacy.

You're the one full of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk

Laughing

My statistical fallacy?

You pointed out the fallacy of causation vs correlation.  I never suggested any causation or correlation.  That was Chrissy.  

Learn to read.

He's on his toes ready to defend whatever bullshit they throw out. E for effort!

dumpcare

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:yes it was a different time.

and now with all the fluffy puffy dont swat your kids group we can see that we have way more teen crime and a whole lotta other crap.

Do you always just make shit up?

1. Confusing correlation with causation fallacy.

The chart is being used inappropriately to indicate that there is a correlation with causation. Namely that juvenile crime is down.

The chart could just as easily indicate that...

The juveniles could just be getting smarter about not being caught or the law enforcement officers just don't care.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnNAGLAc_w

Smile

You are beyond dense.  Chrissy said that 1) we have "way more teen crime" today and 2) this phenomenon is caused by the fact that parents are spanking less.

Chrissy is the one who implied a causal relationship between spanking and teen crime.  All I did is provide the underlying facts that show us that her entire premise is wrong - because teen crime is currently near historical lows.

Now, if you wish to make the case that teen crime really isn't at historical lows and that it may very well be much higher due to the suggestion that today's teens are smarter and are getting caught less, well, that is certainly your choice.  Just realize that you're speculating out of your ass.

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9C1WSR2ZhLj9_y0P8zGf5XkavlzJ3JCU2NY_JohYkNNoTaUrk

I'm simply pointing out your statistical fallacy.

You're the one full of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpq6u8hYgk

Laughing

My statistical fallacy?

You pointed out the fallacy of causation vs correlation.  I never suggested any causation or correlation.  That was Chrissy.  

Learn to read.

Would tend to think that over the years age group you are using has declined significantly and maybe Chrissy is correct.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:In fact, it's the other way around. Hitting your kids tells them it's ok to use violence and handle situations aggressively. After all, that's what they're taught.

No it does not...spanking a child, when appropriate is an acceptable form of discipline. What you are attempting to do, in order to prove your point, is combine spanking a child with aggressive inappropriate abuse. There are many forms of aggressive behaviour, outside of a swat on the butt, much worse than a spanking. Taunting, bullying, and screaming for example.

PUBLIC OPINION: A Harris poll last year found that 81 percent of Americans say parents spanking their children is sometimes appropriate, while 19 percent say it is never appropriate. Two-thirds of parents said they had spanked their children while a third said they had not.
RESEARCH: Dozens of studies have examined the effect of corporal punishment or child abuse on behavior and mental health, with mixed results. A 2012 study published in the journal Pediatrics found harsh physical punishment such as pushing, grabbing, shoving, slapping, hitting in non-abusive households increased the odds a child would develop mood, anxiety or personality disorders and alcohol or drug addiction.

Vikingwoman

None of this conversation was about spanking. It was about hitting a child w/ a switch. You brought up the spanking and are now trying to compare it w/ hitting w/ a switch and causing wounds. It has been agreed spanking is acceptable within reason. Hitting w/ a switch and causing welts, bleeding and injuries is not. I can post plenty of articles to prove my point but it is not necessary. If you're hell bent on proving beating a kid w/ a switch is productive, I suggest you try it on one of your grandkids and see what happens.

only sheltered people would not know that teens are out of control

you can buy all the GOV data you want. after all

they must make it look good, its thier performance evaluation

and this is about spanking

because this case brought to national attention the issue

of if its ok to spank

and it is ok to spank

and this case, the man made poor judgment

and the punishment is to severe for the crime

and NOW because of his mother and the media making

this so public. it will effect the child and the fathers

relationship forever.

parents are not perfect and some things need to stay private

The mental cruelity this child will face in the

future because of this media national attention

will prove more damaging than this spanking

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy* wrote:only sheltered people would not know that teens are out of control

This thread perfectly illustrates the thought process of a modern republican...

In theory

Step 1:  Completely make shit up.

Step 2:  Get confronted with real world data that refutes your made up bullshit.

Step 3:  Claim that the data is fake and then double down on your made up bullshit.

In practice

Step 1:  Completely make shit up.

Chrissy* wrote:and now with all the fluffy puffy dont swat your kids group we can see that we have way more teen crime and a whole lotta other crap.

Step 2:  Get confronted with real world data that refutes your made up bullshit.

boards of FL wrote:Do you always just make shit up?

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/youthviolence/stats_at-a_glance/vca_temp-trends.html

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated - Page 3 Vca_sex_10-24-1995-2011_600w318h

Step 3:  Claim that the data is fake and then double down on your made up bullshit.

Chrissy* wrote:only sheltered people would not know that teens are out of control

It's like a perfect exercise in stupidity and ignorance!

I've only spanked with my hand... but I have large hands. Somebody call children services.

Gawd we've become wussified. I always explained any punishment thoroughly... that was half of the effect.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Th Dude wrote:I always explained any punishment thoroughly... that was half of the effect.

"This is how I respond to crisis, comrade. Bad ideas fail."

Probably generated more confusion than fear.

boards of FL wrote:
Th Dude wrote:I always explained any punishment thoroughly... that was half of the effect.

"This is how I respond to crisis, comrade. Bad ideas fail."

Probably generated more confusion than fear.

What a goob... you aren't even a parent but think you have some sort of insight... lol. Like I said earlier... the only spankings I gave out were for knowingly doing something wrong that endangered yourself or others. Joani gave the example of running into the street... but throwing rocks at people... playing with matches... pushing someone off the trampoline... etc... qualified. I didn't even spank for stealing or vandalizing... though there were swift and difficult actions. My oldest was (and still is... lol) a handful. My twins I never spanked once... they have been angels... but they were much more attuned to listening and paying attention. Unfortunately... my oldest was a little too much like me as a kid. I loved them all too much to allow them to act in a reckless or thoughtless manner... you might understand some day.

Vikingwoman

and this is about spanking

because this case brought to national attention the issue

of if its ok to spank

and it is ok to spank

and this case, the man made poor judgment

and the punishment is to severe for the crime

and NOW because of his mother and the media making

this so public. it will effect the child and the fathers

relationship forever.

parents are not perfect and some things need to stay private
The mental cruelity this child will face in the

future because of this media national attention

will prove more damaging than this spanking

"parents are not perfect and some things need to stay private"

This is why we have Child Protective Services. Children need to be protected from their own parents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum