Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adrian Peterson Charged w/Child Abuse - Deactivated

+7
Floridatexan
cool1
Vikingwoman
QueenOfHearts
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sal

Sal

For "beating" his son with a switch. 

I'd have to see a picture of the injuries to make a judgement on this one. 

During the summers of my childhood, we were sent outside to come home only at lunch time and sunset. 

If we were late for either, my mother came huntin' with a switch. 

I can still remember the sting of those welts on the backs of my legs. 

But, that was a different time. 

I agree... it'd have to be pretty bad for me to agree with the State intervention. I even got paddled in high school.

2seaoat

Part of my punishment was going to the switch tree and stripping off the leaves to three switches.......the whole process was worse than the couple of whacks I would receive, but they would leave a welt. I rarely got punished, but when I did......well I deserved it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Part of my punishment was going to the switch tree and stripping off the leaves to three switches.......the whole process was worse than the couple of whacks I would receive, but they would leave a welt.  I rarely got punished, but when I did......well I deserved it.

We had to pick our own switch (we were 6 or 7 years old) and take it inside for our switching....we had marks. We were only swatted 3 or 4 times on our legs and like Seaoat said the worst punishment was having to pick which switch would be used.

The pictures shown reveal numerous hits on Peterson's 4 year old son. In my opinion....he hit the child too many times... But the marks are superficial injuries.  He should not have switched him so many times. 

I don't think he should be charged with aggravated child abuse.  He used poor judgement.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

My mom wasn't from the South, so she never used switches. We got smacked by wooden spoons and spatulas!

I agree, he did hit the boy too many times, especially for his age. The boy made other allegations too.

I think it's likely that much of the other stuff is coming from the mother. Hopefully he just gets some parenting classes.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Th Dude wrote:I think it's likely that much of the other stuff is coming from the mother. Hopefully he just gets some parenting classes.

I imagine the mom is very vocal. Parenting classes would be appropriate. The marks I saw were just switch marks...again it was too many.

I had blood blisters from being paddled in hs... but that was probably age appropriate... and deserved... lol.

RIP Dr. Lane... you were right.

Vikingwoman

The boy was bleeding and had bruises on his back and buttocks. I don't think any rational person would think that's ok.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bleeding?

cool1

cool1

Vikingwoman wrote:The boy was bleeding and had bruises on his back and buttocks. I don't think any rational person would think that's ok.

Shocked ------ Evil or Very Mad

Sal

Sal

I've never used corporal punishment on my kid because I think it's inappropriate and not very effective at teaching kids wrong from right.

That having been said, I never considered my mother's use of a switch on me and my siblings child abuse.

I was left with some stinging welts, but never broken skin,

Peterson hit his son far too many times and much too hard.

It is now being reported that he injured another four-year-old son while disciplining him.

Dude needs some compulsory parenting classes at the very least.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Apparently, Peterson has another young son by a different woman. This one had a head injury.

http://www.alternet.org/adrian-peterson-accused-abusing-another-son

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My Dad was a wussy when it came to corporal punishment. He would announce "You are each getting three swats before going to bed." He would straighten out a wire coat hanger to do the deed. We would strategically lean backwards so the blows he administered would mostly be absorbed by our loose pajama bottoms. Sometimes, after then climbing into bed, we would start snickering, and then he would get mad and really hit us.

My mother, on the other hand, was swift and powerful with punishment. She could be subtle about it, too. Like, the time we were all in church, and my brother and I were cutting up with each other. I happened to be sitting next to my Mom, and she silently reached over and pinched my thigh very hard without letting go, without saying a word and just looking straight ahead. I got the message. I think I was 20 years old when she last slapped me--for uttering a minor expletive in front of her and one of my friends.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

Heard a really unusual story from Colin Cowheard on ESPN yesterday in regards to Adrian Peterson. I don't think the guy is dealing with a full deck.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

boards of FL wrote:Heard a really unusual story from Colin Cowheard on ESPN yesterday in regards to Adrian Peterson.  I don't think the guy is dealing with a full deck.

Probably got hit in the head one too many times.

Vikingwoman

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Here are the pictures of the injuries.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Here are the pictures of the injuries.

I saw the pictures......it is typical of switch marks. Superficial marks. Again, he switched him too many times.

Vikingwoman

How injured does a child have to be before you consider it abusive? Bruises and bleeding is abusive whether they're switch marks or belt marks or hanger marks. Surviving your abusive childhood doesn't count.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:How injured does a child have to be before you consider it abusive? Bruises and bleeding is abusive whether they're switch marks or belt marks or hanger marks. Surviving your abusive childhood doesn't count.
I didn't have an abusive childhood. 

I said he switched him too many times. The injuries to the child are superficial....you said bleeding. The marks are no more than small abrasions you would receive if tangled in a sticker bush.

You can think whatever.....no big deal. Just one opinion against another.

Vikingwoman

The article said bleeding and there are scab marks on the child. A pure case of child abuse. The grand jury said child abuse also so that's trumps your "superficial" marks opinion. BTW, marks on a child is child abuse. You can't abuse your child like people did years ago. It ain't right.

2seaoat

I completely agree with Joanie. He did too many blows. He will be found guilty based on the photos, and he should not be playing this Sunday. I know I was disciplined many times with a switch, but what bothers me is the that these were done in the front, and exposed his genitals to an accidental hit. This was not a parent who was in control, and although I have no problem with corporal punishment, I agree with Joanie.....this was too much.....he crossed the line, and I predict with NO hesitation he will be convicted. He screwed up and should not be playing this Sunday, and for that matter if convicted for the rest of the year......unless they trade him to the bears.

Vikingwoman

I don't believe in corporal punishment in any form on a child. It is outdated and ineffective. We have evolved too much in society in knowing these methods are more destructive than productive. Sorry but I also don't put butter on burns.

I think corporal punishment on a child is appropriate of a certain age under certain circumstances. I only spanked my oldest... but it was only when she had done something she knew was wrong that was dangerous to her or others.

That was only a few times. What I do have is an amazing collection of papers... the first of which were in pictures. She wrote an impressive amount of them... lol. I'll tell you what tho... that girl is cranking out college papers now like a printing press.

She is certainly a well adjusted and very confident young lady. My other daughters are twins... and angels I think.

Vikingwoman

Little did you know you could have achieved the same thing without physically harming your child.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum