Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz

+5
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is the cause of the incident in the article?

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_lcap69%Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 69% [ 9 ]
Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

16Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 5:55 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:If guns were illegal maybe they couldn't have carjacked the vehicle? Maybe a volt wouldn't have killed so many? If religion were outlawed maybe the kids wouldn't have been in harms way? Cmon peeps... there must be a govt solution here.

Are these comments your idea of what some might suggest as solutions to this event? Seriously?!  

The sad thing.....You probably really think that is true.

Oh Please, I just thought they were STUPID not true, seriously.

17Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 5:58 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:If guns were illegal maybe they couldn't have carjacked the vehicle? Maybe a volt wouldn't have killed so many? If religion were outlawed maybe the kids wouldn't have been in harms way? Cmon peeps... there must be a govt solution here.

Are these comments your idea of what some might suggest as solutions to this event? Seriously?!  

The sad thing.....You probably really think that is true.

It simply takes liberal logic to it's natural conclusion... embrace the enlightenment OT.

There is nothing liberal nor logical about any of those stupid comments. The only thing it shows is how distorted the right wing views/interpretations/spin is regarding what liberals really think. You really should get away from whatever your news source is because it is sadly lacking.

18Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 6:06 pm

2seaoat

The perfect is the enemy of the good.......working for good in PK's world is imperfect therefore a waste of time. So if lives can be saved and the general welfare of the American people can improve...........it must be stopped because of the exception, and anomaly can be elevated to mask the good which has been done, and show how imperfect those who are working for good. Sorry, it is simply silly logic.

19Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 6:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What's it like to live in a world void of humor?

20Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 6:23 pm

2seaoat

What's it like to live in a world void of humor?

There is nothing really funny about being stupid. It is usually very sad.

What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman......frostbite.

If that is funny to you.....please do not let me interfere with your humor......if making stupid analogies about liberals or conservatives is funny too you.......I will live in the alternative world of Jon Stewart and Bill Oreilly who can at least create real humor, which does not require sophomoric brain dead acceptance of stupid.

21Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 6:29 pm

Cmon... none of that likely happens if not for the gun. Right?

22Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 6:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Cmon... none of that likely happens if not for the gun. Right?

Sad, aren't they?

23Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 7:44 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkE61C3G_XyM3GwaIBBSNIay0o_ZXSJHCXADSez5_kFENSjhKJ

How about the following for the carjacking murderers.

1. Loss of all voting rights for the rest of their life.
2. Confiscation of all personal goods to be sold and used for the families of the victims.
3. Lose of all property and the right to own property in the future.
4. They are branded on the forehead with the initials CJ/M (Car Jacking / Murderer) and any attempt to remove the brand or cover it up is a criminal violation.
5. They also get run over by the same SUV or a model of the same make after the trial and if they survive all that they do some time.

Is that good enough for starters?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfg0_FbIqqw

Smile

24Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 8:06 pm

That would certainly put the blame where it belongs. It's interesting that the leftists don't place blame on the gun here... or the reckless driving... but solely on the criminals committing a criminal act. Why isn't that the standard in boards thread?

There seems to be an unwillingness by them to reconcile that bad people do bad things unless the other options are overridden. The simple fact is that prohibiting law abiding citizens from guns/acts will never stop crazy/criminals from the same.

Their logic is fatally flawed.

25Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 8:13 pm

2seaoat

Their logic is fatally flawed.

Not most of the time.....it is simply that you have lost those coke bottle glasses, and your perception is a wee bit off. Cool 

26Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 8:18 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Cmon... none of that likely happens if not for the gun. Right?

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 <a href=Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Beat_dead_horse2" />

27Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 8:35 pm

2seaoat

Have you ever been in a bar at closing time when the drunkest person in your group tries to tell a joke.......after the fifth try at it......there are only blank stares...........

28Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 8:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Have you ever been in a bar at closing time when the drunkest person in your group tries to tell a joke.......after the fifth try at it......there are only blank stares...........

Nope!

29Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 9:07 pm

2seaoat wrote:Have you ever been in a bar at closing time when the drunkest person in your group tries to tell a joke.......after the fifth try at it......there are only blank stares...........

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXndJKD9vbGlfk1TMsYPzN1gfLPqLeMCsZzPerJl6rewIbQWSi

I take it you were the one telling the joke.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbT1k5DYYds

Laughing 

30Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 9:30 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sounds like it would be about as funny as trying to find the humor in Joanie and Prkbum's and DE's "humor"!

31Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 9:38 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

Sounds like it would be about as funny as trying to find the humor in Joanie and Prkbum's and DE's "humor"!

The humor is in the left's inability to walk an ideologic straight line. You all fail the intellectual sobriety test.

32Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 9:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:

Nice try!

33Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/26/2014, 11:07 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

The humor is in the left's inability to walk an ideologic straight line. You all fail the intellectual sobriety test.

What imagined straight line might that be?

34Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 12:11 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

No one blamed the gun or gun control in this case... if we're dealing with a core issue worthy of amending the 2nd amendment.

35Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 12:32 am

2seaoat

worthy of amending the 2nd amendment.
Who is proposing what amendment?

36Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 1:16 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3_bsz7WwShup3rCTDBtzaRJiGxrBaR-76wBv6vMazfwVsl1o7

Don't worry I make no attempt of believing that liberals can walk a straight line. Most are usually to busy attempting to tell jokes at last call to worry about straight lines.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Laughing

37Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 1:42 am

2seaoat wrote:worthy of amending the 2nd amendment.
Who is proposing what amendment?

You're kinda slow... ain't ya boy.

Why isn't the gun the issue here?

Edit: if it's any consolation... the gun won't be the end all of ways humans kill each other. Stay tuned poindexter.

38Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 9:42 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:The perfect is the enemy of the good.......working for good in PK's world is imperfect therefore a waste of time.  So if lives can be saved and the general welfare of the American people can improve...........it must be stopped because of the exception, and anomaly can be elevated to mask the good which has been done, and show how imperfect those who are working for good.  Sorry, it is simply silly logic.

The fact that must be faced is that as citizens our ability to effect change through government has diminished over time due to the increasing influence of corporate and private money influencing many aspects of our civil society.

So even when a majority are in favor of something it fails to pass because of the influence of sales groups like the leadership of the NRA. It used to be a hunting safety group but has morphed into a lobby for gun manufacturing and sales, a sad thing. It now fights against the wishes of its own membership on the background check issue.

Surveys have shown that most Americans are in favor of universal checks on gun purchases. They want to close the loopholes such as those available at "gun shows". Even NRA members see background checks as a useful tool.

A sizable 89 percent of all respondents, and 75 percent of those identified as NRA members, support universal background checks for gun sales. Similar surveys by Pew Research Center and Gallup have also found background checks to be by far the most popular gun control proposal in the aftermath the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/28/strong-majority-of-americans-nra-members-back-gun-control

Viewed in this context gun safety is not a right/left issue but more one of common sense and public safety.

A step in the right direction of universal background checks is a reasonable thing to most Americans. No one is trying to amend the Constitution.

39Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 10:57 am

2seaoat

Why isn't the gun the issue here?

No, I am hardly slow.....at least not in this conversation. The gun most certainly is part of the issue. I have stated my position many times before. I began shooting at five years of age with my family who belonged to numerous gun clubs. My father would shoot competitively, and the rest of us were shooting during his competitions. I received NRA sharpshooter awards in competition in my early teens, and I own three guns, and my brother took all twenty of my father's guns. I have always been around guns and have hunted my entire life, but not so much now.

My position is simple. Guns are inherently dangerous. The Supreme Court has clearly said regulation of guns is permissible and not a violation of the second amendment. Simple answer. Universal registration with biometric trigger locks. If I have a gun, the lock only allows me to fire the gun with fingerprint recognition. I had a fingerprint scanner to unlock my computer for four years back in the late 90s early 2000 and it worked perfectly that long ago. I also want in the registration process rf chips in the guns. From there we will be able to begin not having PERFECT solutions, but solutions which can and will reduce gun violence and death. Attack my approach if you dare.

40Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideologic Enlightenment Quiz 7/27/2014, 11:09 am

Sal

Sal

I had to go back to the beginning of this thread to see if I could somehow decipher the glibertarian premise.

Didn't help.

I need to drink more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum