Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Leftist Tolerance and Enlightenment

+5
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
knothead
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in downtown San Jose spun out of control Thursday night when some demonstrators attacked the candidate’s supporters.

Protesters jumped on cars, pelted Trump supporters with eggs and water balloons, snatched signs, and stole “Make America Great” hats off supporters’ heads before burning them and snapping selfies with the charred remains.

Several people were caught on camera punching Trump supporters. At least one attacker was arrested, according to CNN, although police did not release much information.

“The San Jose Police Department made a few arrests tonight after the Donald Trump Rally,” police said in a statement. “As of this time, we do not have specific information on the arrests made. There has been no significant property damage reported. One officer was assaulted.”

In one video circulating widely on social media, two protesters tried to protect a Trump supporter as other protesters attacked him and called him names.

Another video captured a female Trump supporter taunting protesters before being surrounded and struck in the face with an egg and water balloons.

Police eventually cleared the protest, which they called an “unlawful assembly.”

Sal

Sal

When you promote intolerance, violence, and hatred, don't be surprised when it's returned in kind.

knothead

knothead

I watched the video and it is inexcusable behavior . . . . . pathetic in fact.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...The ugly scenes of violence toward Trump supporters Thursday appeared to be the inverse of similar incidents earlier in the campaign in which Trump protesters, not supporters, were targeted.

The sucker punch captured by DiPaola, for instance, echoed an incident in March when a 78-year-old Trump supporter sucker-punched a protester at a rally in Fayetteville, N.C..."

And no, I'm not condoning the violence...from either side.

Salinsky wrote:When you promote intolerance, violence, and hatred, don't be surprised when it's returned in kind.

I'm no fan of trump... but this is the same talkingpoint used for the tea party. Enforcing immigration laws and securing the border are not racist positions in themselves. There are plenty of good reasons to do that... human trafficking cartels and criminals for instance. I don't necessarily like his deportation statements... but that's probably a starting point for negotiation. The fact is that this is more leftist unlawful violence. They may have good intentions... but it's lost when they resort to disruption and violence. You should probably hope that law enforcement gets a grip on them... it won't be pretty if you force people to protect themselves.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/afghan-man-captured-coming-u-s-border-ties-taliban-article-1.2659418

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The more these thugs riot, the more votes it gets for Trump.
Thugs are always their own worst enemies. lol

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:When you promote intolerance, violence, and hatred, don't be surprised when it's returned in kind.

I'm no fan of trump... but this is the same talkingpoint used for the tea party. Enforcing immigration laws and securing the border are not racist positions in themselves. There are plenty of good reasons to do that... human trafficking cartels and criminals for instance. I don't necessarily like his deportation statements... but that's probably a starting point for negotiation. The fact is that this is more leftist unlawful violence. They may have good intentions... but it's lost when they resort to disruption and violence. You should probably hope that law enforcement gets a grip on them... it won't be pretty if you force people to protect themselves.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/afghan-man-captured-coming-u-s-border-ties-taliban-article-1.2659418

I don't condone any violence, but it's not surprising.

And, talk of "enforcing immigration laws and securing the border" is not the same as saying you're going to build a big beautiful wall and force Mexico to pay for it and all Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It appears I have not made myself clear...TRUMP BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF. There, that's better.

2seaoat

Right now I am hoping Trump does not melt from being out of his league before the convention where they strip the nomination away from him.   He is the best ticket to make real gains in the house and senate, and that is what is far more important than the illusion that the structural problems of the Republican party bar any nominee from winning......the key is how big the splat will be when he hits the ground and how many people will he grab on the way down.  I think in Wisconsin and Illinois the Republican senators are toast, as Wisconsin rejected trump lock, stock, and barrel.

Floridatexan wrote:
It appears I have not made myself clear...TRUMP BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF. There, that's better.

So you condone violence... if the cause agrees with your sensibilities. I think the result will not. I think the police had better start dealing with these people pronto... or the repercussions will be severe. You won't be condoning violence then.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
It appears I have not made myself clear...TRUMP BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.  There, that's better.  

So you condone violence... if the cause agrees with your sensibilities. I think the result will not. I think the police had better start dealing with these people pronto... or the repercussions will be severe. You won't be condoning violence then.

Can you read? I said I don't condone violence. Trump has encouraged violence against demonstrators at his rallies. Trump has cultivated xenophobia and division by singling out Muslims and Mexicans...and women...for his hate campaign. How could any American support Trump? (Drumpf) It is really beyond belief.

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
It appears I have not made myself clear...TRUMP BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.  There, that's better.  

Can you read? I said I don't condone violence. Trump has encouraged violence against demonstrators at his rallies. Trump has cultivated xenophobia and division by singling out Muslims and Mexicans...and women...for his hate campaign. How could any American support Trump? (Drumpf) It is really beyond belief.

In one breath you say you don't condone violence... and say his supporters deserve to be victims.

It's not sincere or it's not intellectually honest.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Will someone please tell me which of the two presumptive candidates will be successful in bringing us ALL together? LOL!

Seriously, I have as much in common with a Trump fan as a gold fish has with a hammerhead, as a labrador retriever has with a lion, as a Crips or Blood with a Boy Scout, etc.

I see nothing from either of the two main parties designed to bring us together. It occurs to me that whether Trump or Clinton wins the White House, Washington DC will continue to be a pouting, dysfunctional logjam of non-cooperative assholes owned body and soul by their bloodsucking corporate sponsors.

Neither Trump nor Clinton will have smooth sailing -- and neither will any of us.

The America we've come to know is doomed. And that may be a very good thing.

Reality.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Can you read?  I said I don't condone violence.  Trump has encouraged violence against demonstrators at his rallies.  Trump has cultivated xenophobia and division by singling out Muslims and Mexicans...and women...for his hate campaign.  How could any American support Trump?  (Drumpf)  It is really beyond belief.  

In one breath you say you don't condone violence... and say his supporters deserve to be victims.

I didn't mention Trump supporters, nor did I say they deserve to be attacked. I said Trump brought it on himself. He initiated the violence, along with his goon squad. It's a wonder someone hasn't been killed.

Sal

Sal

From just yesterday ...

"We're building a wall!  He's a Mexican!" - Donald J. Trump

and ...

"Look at my African-American!!" - Donald J. Trump

Is he finally cracking up or is he consolidating his base?

It's so hard to tell anymore.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:Will someone please tell me which of the two presumptive candidates will be successful in bringing us ALL together?  LOL!

Seriously, I have as much in common with a Trump fan as a gold fish has with a hammerhead, as a labrador retriever has with a lion, as a Crips or Blood with a Boy Scout, etc.  

I see nothing from either of the two main parties designed to bring us together.  It occurs to me that whether Trump or Clinton wins the White House, Washington DC will continue to be a pouting, dysfunctional logjam of non-cooperative assholes owned body and soul by their bloodsucking corporate sponsors.

Neither Trump nor Clinton will have smooth sailing -- and neither will any of us.  

The America we've come to know is doomed.  And that may be a very good thing.

Reality.

I think both of the major parties have been snookering the American people forever. They both lie to us and work for the best interests of the rich and powerful business interests. They have become the tools of the oligarchs.

Back in the day people knew that the GOP stood for big business. They did and they were proud of it. You knew where they were coming from. The Democrats used to stand for the little guy, the union worker, the middle class. You knew where they were coming from.

But increasingly the profit motive has had a very heavy hand in decision making on both sides. There are a few in congress who are true progressives/liberals and I think the scales are beginning to fall from the eyes of the voters.

The people are going to have to bring themselves together this time. We have to look at more grassroots actions and protests. A third party is unlikely to work but a movement such as Sanders has awakened would be enough to push the Dems back where they belong which is in line with positions that support the middle class and not the robber barons. We have to do this ourselves. After all, isn't this how a representative democracy is supposed to work? Aren't the people supposed to tell the government how to function, not the other way around?

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Can you read?  I said I don't condone violence.  Trump has encouraged violence against demonstrators at his rallies.  Trump has cultivated xenophobia and division by singling out Muslims and Mexicans...and women...for his hate campaign.  How could any American support Trump?  (Drumpf)  It is really beyond belief.  

I didn't mention Trump supporters, nor did I say they deserve to be attacked. I said Trump brought it on himself. He initiated the violence, along with his goon squad. It's a wonder someone hasn't been killed.

They aren't committing assault on trump einstein.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I didn't mention Trump supporters, nor did I say they deserve to be attacked.  I said Trump brought it on himself.  He initiated the violence, along with his goon squad.  It's a wonder someone hasn't been killed.  

Good Lord, how can you possibly be that dense?

Deny this, Dilbert:

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I didn't mention Trump supporters, nor did I say they deserve to be attacked.  I said Trump brought it on himself.  He initiated the violence, along with his goon squad.  It's a wonder someone hasn't been killed.  

Deny this, Dilbert:

Demagoguery. The tactics you consider justified will elicit a response. No rioters are breaking the law at hillary events. You don't get to make up special rules and rationalizations and ethics just for leftists. The victims are not the guilty.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Deny this, Dilbert:

Demagoguery. The tactics you consider justified will elicit a response. No rioters are breaking the law at hillary events. You don't get to make up special rules and rationalizations and ethics just for leftists. The victims are not the guilty.

I never said anything remotely like you're making up in your head. Are your synapses misfiring? I believe the demagogue here is Donald Trump...already admitting he's been playing games with peoples' emotions. I noticed a shift in the paradigm after Cruz dropped out...GOP toadies come to call...lots of extra Hillary-bashing, but not a lot of "Gee, what a great candidate..."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This man is a member of the "Alt right", which, believe it or not, is a neo Nazi (anti-semetic) group.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/29/opinion/sunday/the-nazi-tweets-of-trump-god-emperor.html

He takes his screen name from the "Wild Thing" pitcher in the movie MAJOR LEAGUE, starring Charlie Sheen.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I don't condone any violence, but it's not surprising.

And, talk of "enforcing immigration laws and securing the border" is not the same as saying you're going to build a big beautiful wall and force Mexico to pay for it and all Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

Please post your reliable source to Donald Trump making that statement.

If you cannot, is that not a lie?

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum