Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

After seeing Markle's repeated references to Obama's vacation, I thought it would be a good time to have a look at the vacation day scoreboard over the last several decades

+10
gatorfan
Wordslinger
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
othershoe1030
boards of FL
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Obama and crew seem to have taken some pretty lavish vacations in recent years. At a time when so many are struggling. Makes him and his look out of touch with most Americans. Does Obama even care? I don't think so. Then going on fund raisers during this turmoil around the world. That being said, Obama sucks! He is the CURRENT president and that trumps the past. Which we can do nothing about. The present and the future? That's something we can work on.

There is no way in hell I could work on anything with you.  Your brain is shut like a steel trap.  

It might be difficult to work with someone as fake as you. But I adapt, overcome and survive. Can you? Talk about a shut brain!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote: I would consider it like it was set up to be .......Reagan's home .....the Western White House.

Of course you would . . . . you are a Republican!!! LOL

Why not.....that is how Camp David is set up. Clinton spent a lot of time there. I can't imagine living in the White House and never going home for 8 years, especially with a family.

Interesting the Obamas never go to their family home in Chicago, seems like the kids would want to go home sometimes. Of course they don't have a home in Hawaii.....they use rentals paid for by political supporters, I assume . $25-50,000 a week is expensive.

Yes...you assume. I guess that pretty much covers it. You don't know who pays for what when the President and the First Lady (how that must rankle) go on vacation, but you're willing to ASSUME the worst, while apologizing like a good little sycophant for the GOP, no matter how corrupt...actually cheering for Bush. You really make me sick.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:But the racism now goes both ways.  And the reverse racism has it's proponents and it's mindsets just like the rednecks do.  Anyone who does not recognize that is not paying attention no matter how loudly they object to it.

You're right...it does go both ways. It's basically hatred based on fear. It needs to stop.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote: I would consider it like it was set up to be .......Reagan's home .....the Western White House.

Of course you would . . . . you are a Republican!!! LOL

Why not.....that is how Camp David is set up. Clinton spent a lot of time there. I can't imagine living in the White House and never going home for 8 years, especially with a family.

Interesting the Obamas never go to their family home in Chicago, seems like the kids would want to go home sometimes. Of course they don't have a home in Hawaii.....they use rentals paid for by political supporters, I assume . $25-50,000 a week is expensive.

Yes...you assume.  I guess that pretty much covers it.  You don't know who pays for what when the President and the First Lady (how that must rankle) go on vacation, but you're willing to ASSUME the worst, while apologizing like a good little sycophant for the GOP, no matter how corrupt...actually cheering for Bush.  You really make me sick.  

Well you nauseate the hell out of me.

As far as the Aspen vacations, I know for a fact the Crowns, (financiers) out of Chicago, provide their private Aspen home to Obama. They own the Aspen Ski Company. As far as the other vacations.....if you think the Obamas shell out $50,0000 a week you are as dumb as a box of rocks. Political favors.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Right...Republicans never never never accept any political favors. They're all gentlemen, especially the warmongering pigs.

2seaoat

but there's no doubt racism does play a role in it.

Really?, and then you immediately post that racism is on both sides......hardwired pathology of ambivalence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: but there's no doubt racism does play a role in it.

Really?, and then you immediately post that racism is on both sides......hardwired pathology of ambivalence.

"hardwired pathology of ambivalence". lol

No just an honest observation.

2seaoat

No just an honest observation.

Bob it is neither observational or honest, but I will not even bother to perhaps remove your blinders, nor will I make further comment on the honesty factor.......it will just end up with the usual popcorn, milk duds, and a two liter bottle of mountain dew comment.......so carry on observing and telling the truth.....and share some of that popcorn with Harvey.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I observe all sorts of bigotry,  seaoat.  Been doing it all my life.  It's a by-product of being on the shit end of it.  But you really have to be a part of a despised minority to understand that.
Nah,  has nothing to do with milk duds or mountain dew.  I don't even like milk duds or mountain dew.  lol

2seaoat

Just been pulling your chain lately......nothing personal.....its my forum duty.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like this thread needs some visibility again since our forum GOP supporters seem to have forgotten about it.

Markle

Markle

Here's what the Progressives wish to ignore. Of course, none of them consider spending time at home, a vacation. I'd like to see him backpacking through Europe the rest of his term. Maybe a substitute President like talk shows have on TV and radio.

Obamas’ travel cost sets new record in 2013

World
U.S. News
Jul 7, 2014

President Barack Obama has set a new record for travel on the taxpayer dime in 2013, according to Judicial Watch.

The conservative watchdog group obtained travel records from the US Department of the Air Force that show the Obamas racked up $7.4 million during just three trips in 2013 – in flight expenses only.

The records include the Obama family’s Christmas vacation in Hawaii from December 21, 2012, to January 5, 2013. During that stay, Barack Obama took a short break and flew back to Washington to work on a budget deal, then returned for the rest of his vacation.

Read more: http://www.bellenews.com/2014/07/07/world/us-news/obamas-travel-cost-sets-new-record-in-2013/#ixzz3ADsVg9mD

knothead

knothead

Your obsession with President Obama is unbelievable . . . obviously you are not changing anyone's opinion and your continued rants have become so irrelevant that I feel bad for you in a way . . . . no one cares what you think no more than they care what I think . . . . just sayin'

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:Your obsession with President Obama is unbelievable . . . obviously you are not changing anyone's opinion and your continued rants have become so irrelevant that I feel bad for you in a way . . . . no one cares what you think no more than they care what I think . . . . just sayin'

Similar to FT's unbelievable obsession and rants regarding Bush?

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:Your obsession with President Obama is unbelievable . . . obviously you are not changing anyone's opinion and your continued rants have become so irrelevant that I feel bad for you in a way . . . . no one cares what you think no more than they care what I think . . . . just sayin'

Similar to FT's unbelievable obsession and rants regarding Bush?

After seeing Markle's repeated references to Obama's vacation, I thought it would be a good time to have a look at the vacation day scoreboard over the last several decades - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcdwZhabqSqatzW8Lsv54YnHHwGV1wFfn2gImAzScdZLK3yaN

Stop that!!!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1erm6yMw4

Very Happy

Markle

Markle

Just sayin' I would never profess that I could change the mind or opinion of any far left Progressives. There are 20-30% of voters who would vote and support semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama regardless of the FACTS or RESULTS of his policies and doctrines.

RESULTS are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant. All that matters is if something FEELS good and there were good INTENTIONS.

Actually YOU care what I think and post and just wish it would go away in fear that OTHER people, smarter than you, can tell the difference between the stories of Progressives and what I post which is confirmable and with sources.

dumpcare

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/09/pat_buchanan_i_think_hillary_will_win_in_2016/

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:RESULTS are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant.  All that matters is if something FEELS good and there were good INTENTIONS.

Obama inherited an economy in the midst of the deepest recession since the great depression. We just experienced 4.0% annualized growth for the second quarter of 2014.

Obama inherited an economy that was shedding over 600,000 thousand jobs per month. We have now had a steady run of months with job growth and have seen over 5,000,000 private sector jobs added to the economy since Obama's inauguration.

Obama inherited a broken healthcare system that cost the most of any industrialized nation on earth, and yet left almost 20% of the population uninsured. The ACA has since been passed and the % of uninsured has fallen sharply to 13.4%.

Bin laden is dead.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have winded down.

New jobless claims continue to push lower and break new recovery lows.

Gallups Job Creation Index continues to improve and break new recovery highs.

Consumer confidence continues to trend upwards.

I could go on, but I'm fairly sure this is all over your head. These are big-boy data points. You live in a world of copy-and-paste fodder completely void of any critical thought. You're like a toddler playing on the floor near the adult dinner table merely repeating little scraps of information that you hear them talking about, all the while not understanding any of it yourself.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I could go on, but I'm fairly sure this is all over your head. These are big-boy data points. You live in a world of copy-and-paste fodder completely void of any critical thought. You're like a toddler playing on the floor near the adult dinner table merely repeating little scraps of information that you hear them talking about, all the while not understanding any of it yourself.

That is an excellent analogy. BTW, nice synopsis of the events since 2009 as they have really played out......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why do Republicans want this country to fail, just so they can hold the reins of power? I will never understand it....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

If the issue was the cost of presidential vacations -- WHICH IT WAS NOT -- Obama would still win the Thrift Badge. When you consider the costs of moving, housing and feeding the immense staff that has to travel wherever the president goes, 1000 days wallops anything in the low hundreds.

Herr Markle's attempt to divert the forum in order to attack our 1st black president is so blatant, it's laughable.

As for a president "being away from the job," let me point out that today's presidents and their staffs, all have phones. Just like the Koch Bros.!

lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-boyce-and-paul-abrams/george-bush-a-failed-pres_b_124765.html

James Boyce and Paul Abrams James Boyce and Paul Abrams
Posted: September 8, 2008 10:24 AM

George Bush: A Failed Presidency That Broke Faith with the American People

"A failed presidency is no happy matter for the country. Thus, this article is written in sorrow.

A breach of faith is even worse. Thus, this article is also written with indignation.

George Bush's presidency has failed on foreign and domestic policy. It has failed to faithfully execute the laws of the United States. It failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of our country.

In the country we live in now, much of the traditional media has failed as well. There is somehow, impossibly, debate about what the last eight years have done to our country. There is no debate.

President George W. Bush failed on domestic policy. Here are the topline failures, the details are legion:.."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum