Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades

+3
othershoe1030
2seaoat
boards of FL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Private sector jobs added/lost during each tenure

Jimmy Carter: 9,041,000

Ronald Reagan: 14,717,000

George H.W. Bush: 1,510,000

Bill Clinton: 20,955,000

George W. Bush: (462,000)

Barack Obama (to date): 5,475,000

Republican presidents total: 15,765,000

Democratic presidents total: 35,471,000

All data comes from bls.gov

http://www.bls.gov/cps/#data

2seaoat

Jeb who I like better hide those stats.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

boards of FL wrote:Private sector jobs added/lost during each tenure

The Clinton administration really stands out. He handed GWB the economy on a silver platter with a budget surplus. I thought Republicans were supposed to be good at business? Oh, that's right, it wasn't business it was government maybe they are not the same thing? It takes real talent to mess up such a good thing. What happened?

If "jobs" is the reason people vote for one party or the other then these figures should help guide people's choices.

Markle

Markle

Meaningless until you compare all the presidents with the same number of days in office.

Thanks for your desperate effort.

Here, is another reason your information is useless. The percentage of people no longer working has reached a level not seen in 35 years. Tragic!

This is shameful!
After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades Labor-participation-rate132014jpg_zpsa89e3cb1

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:

The Clinton administration really stands out. He handed GWB the economy on a silver platter with a budget surplus. I thought Republicans were supposed to be good at business? Oh, that's right, it wasn't business it was government maybe they are not the same thing? It takes real talent to mess up such a good thing. What happened?

If "jobs" is the reason people vote for one party or the other then these figures should help guide people's choices.

OS, you are going to demolish that nail head you continue to smash.
Spot on!!!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Spot on!!!

Yes. Markle is left using recycled graphs that are now outdated.

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades Laughi31

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Spot on!!!

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades Laughi31

You are just so easy! Not to worry, all Progressives are as well.

You see, the rate has remained THE SAME now for the past THREE MONTHS.

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades LaborParticipation72014_zps5e5e3b8e

Keep up the good work. You are a great foil. That SNAFU of yours couldn't have worked out better had I written your post.

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......really.......the labor force over 16......and what do you suppose happens to that stat when the large bubble of babyboomers retire......do you think you can figure that one out yourself.....or do you need help.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Spot on!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

Meaningless until you compare all the presidents with the same number of days in office.

Are you innumerate?  Are you capable of even a shred of critical thought that involves numbers?  

Reagan was in office for 8 years, Bush 1 for 4, and Bush II for 8.  That is a total of 20 years of republican presidents.

Carter was in office for 4 years, Clinton for 8, and Obama for 5.5 years.  That is a total of 17.5 years of democratic presidents.

Dumbing this down for Markle:  The numbers above are comparing 20 years of job creation under republican presidents versus 17.5 years of job creation under democrats.  Put another way, the republicans have an advantage in the above comparison because they get the benefit of an extra 2.5 years of job creation....and they still do not have even half the numbers that we see for democrats.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......really.......the labor force over 16......and what do you suppose happens to that stat when the large bubble of babyboomers retire......do you think you can figure that one out yourself.....or do you need help.

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades AnimatedLaughterPink

You may have forgotten how it works but, SURPRISE, people are still having babies and immigrants are still moving into our country. Both legal and illegal.

boards of FL

boards of FL

After last week's jobs report, I felt it would be a good time to have a look at the job creation scoreboard over the last several decades Forrestrunningtojonathan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From your own chart, Marklebot, please pinpoint the largest downturn in job creation. Yes, Herr Markle, that would be during the administration of George W Bush...the only negative number on Boards' chart.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Jeb who I like better hide those stats.

Jeb is nothing more than a member of a vast international crime syndicate. Where does the apple fall, Seaoat? Jeb's governorship of Florida cost my family big time. I get mad just thinking about trying to operate a business as an independent contractor. The worker's comp regulations were draconian, not even allowing my husband to work with another contractor on the same part of the job...designating his work in too narrow a category...forcing him to form either an Inc. or an LLC (I did that)...forcing him to open a business banking account (costs money)...cashing his paychecks at Groovin' Noovin's for a small percentage of the face amount...worker's comp exemption because no one could afford worker's comp...paying higher taxes than anyone working as an employee...I'm willing to bet that we know lots of the same people who were builders on PB.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum