Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A brief time out I thought most might appreciate

+2
Floridatexan
RealLindaL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

From Denmark, "Three Beautiful Human Minutes":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBgSxUeHU80

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thanks, Linda. It's good to be reminded about our shared humanity. I wore my pendant today with the Chinese symbol for humanity.

Oh, please...

"Traditionally, Denmark has not regarded itself as a country of immigration. This is due to its relatively homogeneous population of 5.4 million, a strong sense of national identity, and the fact that, until recently, immigration flows were moderate. Most immigrants in Denmark came from other Nordic or Western countries, and the country experienced more emigration than immigration.

"In addition, the welfare state was designed on the basis of a culturally similar citizenry, and the Danish economy has successfully adapted to a variety of international challenges by taking advantage of institutions built around a powerful sense of civic solidarity."

It's easy to find your "common humanity" when you're all the same color, speak the same language and engage with the same civic institutions. Not so easy when your country looks like this:

A brief time out I thought most might appreciate The-Orig-Art-72

Spare me the mystic-crystal hippie drivel.

'Nuff said...    now let's all hold hands and sing feelings.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

This Btraven sounds AWFULLY familiar ...

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:This Btraven sounds AWFULLY familiar ...

Yah, comrade.

RealLindaL

Yeah, and here I had high hopes for him/her. Oh well. Silly me.

I had high hopes for me too. Pity, the way things turned out.

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:I had high hopes for me too. Pity, the way things turned out.

I just don't know why you felt you had to inject such cynicism and negativity into this one little bit of hopeful humanity I'd tried to inject into the sea of sadness, fear, disorientation and worry that so many of us are experiencing since Trump's election. To what end?

RealLindaL wrote:
I just don't know why you felt you had to inject such cynicism and negativity into this one little bit of hopeful humanity I'd tried to inject into the sea of sadness, fear, disorientation and worry that so many of us are experiencing since Trump's election.  To what end?

To what end!? Are you kidding me? Did you not read my post?

What you posted was not a "little bit of hopeful humanity", it was the ILLUSION of hopefulness and humanity. Denmark has a high degree of racial and cultural homogeneity, whereas the US doesn't. We're a seriously polarized nation, divided along lines of race, religion, culture, class and ethnicity, so what you posted is irrelevant to what's going on here.

If you're suffering "sadness, fear, disorientation and worry" from the election of this loathsome buffoon, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not, I'm ecstatic. This guy has made politics fun again and maybe now we can get down to the real heart of the matter: the struggle between the left and the right, between good and evil.

Did you not see all the demonstrations in the first week of Trump's term? Did they not fill you with true hopefulness and joy for our nation's prospects?

Regarding my "cynicism", I was born during the Truman administration and I'm telling you, no matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.

The next four years--assuming he lasts that long--are going to be great fun...   assuming I last that long. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
I just don't know why you felt you had to inject such cynicism and negativity into this one little bit of hopeful humanity I'd tried to inject into the sea of sadness, fear, disorientation and worry that so many of us are experiencing since Trump's election.  To what end?

To what end!? Are you kidding me? Did you not read my post?

What you posted was not a "little bit of hopeful humanity", it was the ILLUSION of hopefulness and humanity. Denmark has a high degree of racial and cultural homogeneity, whereas the US doesn't. We're a seriously polarized nation, divided along lines of race, religion, culture, class and ethnicity, so what you posted is irrelevant to what's going on here.

If you're suffering "sadness, fear, disorientation and worry" from the election of this loathsome buffoon, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not, I'm ecstatic. This guy has made politics fun again and maybe now we can get down to the real heart of the matter: the struggle between the left and the right, between good and evil.

Did you not see all the demonstrations in the first week of Trump's term? Did they not fill you with true hopefulness and joy for our nation's prospects?

Regarding my "cynicism", I was born during the Truman administration and I'm telling you, no matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.

The next four years--assuming he lasts that long--are going to be great fun...   assuming I last that long. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girnJH7tvpM

Well I appreciate your taste in movies, music and to some extant authors. If your against Trump that's another plus for you.  Since I've been accused so often of being someone I'm not I'll just ask have you posted on this forum before under another name? A few of the long timers think I have but no, I haven't. Not to be a "federale" but just for the record I think your seatbelt quote should end with the word "night"and not "ride", am I right? Smile

Telstar wrote:

Well I appreciate your taste in movies, music and to some extant authors. If your against Trump that's another plus for you.  Since I've been accused so often of being someone I'm not I'll just ask have you posted on this forum before under another name? A few of the long timers think I have but no, I haven't. Not to be a "federale" but just for the record I think your seatbelt quote should end with the word "night"and not "ride", am I right? Smile

Yes, you're correct, the original quote from All About Eve was "...going to be a bumpy night". It is, however, often misquoted as "...bumpy ride" and I used that misquote because it seemed to make more sense in this instance and because I damn well felt like it.

Since you seem to enjoy nitpicking, let me point out that:

1) Your first sentence should read "Well [comma] I appreciate your taste in movies, music and [comma] to some EXTENT [comma] authors." Extant means something else entirely, look it up. You might find this instructive: http://www.booksites.net/download/blundel/student_files/0273685694_guide.pdf

2) Your second sentence should begin "If YOU'RE against Trump [comma]..." Your is the possessive form of you, while you're--the word you want--is the contraction of the words you are.

3) Regarding your (see how that word is used?) inquiry about my identity, I appreciate your interest. Thank you for asking. If you want to know who I am, you can check out my Flickr page.

And while we're at it, if you're convinced that you've often been accused of being someone you're not, perhaps you should get your medication adjusted.

Gee, that was fun. Wanna play another round? Go ahead, you first.

Have a nice day.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Well, Pkrbum's made it clear: He thinks Trump is a loon, but loves him for "making politics fun again."

Yeah. Getting rid of all the rules and regulations that protected the little guy from getting raped by the fascist oligarchy, making it legal to discriminate against gays, trans-sexuals, or anyone -- as long as you feel they're existence is an offense to your religious beliefs, loading his list of department secretaries with ex-Goldman Sachs executives, really does make life here in Amerika, Inc. fun again.

Fer sure.

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Yes, you're correct, the original quote from All About Eve was "...going to be a bumpy night". It is, however, often misquoted as "...bumpy ride" and I used that misquote because it seemed to make more sense in this instance and because I damn well felt like it.

Since you seem to enjoy nitpicking, let me point out that:

1) Your first sentence should read "Well [comma] I appreciate your taste in movies, music and [comma] to some EXTENT [comma] authors." Extant means something else entirely, look it up. You might find this instructive: http://www.booksites.net/download/blundel/student_files/0273685694_guide.pdf

2) Your second sentence should begin "If YOU'RE against Trump [comma]..." Your is the possessive form of you, while you're--the word you want--is the contraction of the words you are.

3) Regarding your (see how that word is used?) inquiry about my identity, I appreciate your interest. Thank you for asking. If you want to know who I am, you can check out my Flickr page.

And while we're at it, if you're convinced that you've often been accused of being someone you're not, perhaps you should get your medication adjusted.

Gee, that was fun. Wanna play another round? Go ahead, you first.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice stay yourself pkr. Please try to cut down on your pain meds. Nothing more pathetic to see than candy ass with a log on his shoulder. I love you

Hooo doggie! Tell me more about this "getting raped by the fascist oligarchy". Sure sounds like fun, do you have to pay extra for that?

Wordslinger, you imbecile, if you'd done the least bit of research about my username, you would have found that my first post here--just a couple days ago--was about how to insert an image into a post. It's unlikely I wouldn't have known how to do that if I'd posted over 1000 times under a different name. Duh!

The fun is going to be FIGHTING Trumpism, you silly twit. Read this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steal_This_Book

Using a phrase like "raped by the fascist oligarchy" tags you as a witless ideologue, not a real radical. Lighten the fug up, kid...   with apologies to Norman Mailer, Ed Sanders and Tuli Kupferberg.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Exactly, I wonder, what does the phrase "nuff said" tag you as?

othershoe1030 wrote:Exactly, I wonder, what does the phrase "nuff said" tag you as?

Note the cover price. Do the math.

A brief time out I thought most might appreciate <a href=A brief time out I thought most might appreciate Kvm8V0j" />

RealLindaL

People, believe me, this is not Pkr, who was not capable of giving grammar lessons but, rather, often needed one himself. He was also not nearly as articulate, and was given to abbreviated posts, which this person very obviously isn't.

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:And while we're at it, if you're convinced that you've often been accused of being someone you're not, perhaps you should get your medication adjusted.

And perhaps you should consider holding off on certain insults until you've been here a while and know whereof you speak. It happens to be absolutely true that Telstar has often been accused of being a past member named "bill," a less than stellar individual, to put it mildly.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

OK, why is Demented Eagle using the new moniker?

Wordslinger wrote:OK, why is Demented Eagle using the new moniker?

Yo, sparky, get a life.

RealLindaL wrote:And perhaps you should consider holding off on certain insults until you've been here a while and know whereof you speak.  It happens to be absolutely true that Telstar has often been accused of being a past member named "bill," a less than stellar individual, to put it mildly.

Oh, ferchrissakes, lighten up. This is a politics forum, not a church lady reunion.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
Thanks, Linda.  It's good to be reminded about our shared humanity.  I wore my pendant today with the Chinese symbol for humanity.  

Thanks for saying, FT. Good to hear.

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:And perhaps you should consider holding off on certain insults until you've been here a while and know whereof you speak.  It happens to be absolutely true that Telstar has often been accused of being a past member named "bill," a less than stellar individual, to put it mildly.

Oh, ferchrissakes, lighten up. This is a politics forum, not a church lady reunion.

Obviously we have among us yet another subscriber to the old saw that the best defense is a good offense. Peachy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:And while we're at it, if you're convinced that you've often been accused of being someone you're not, perhaps you should get your medication adjusted.

And perhaps you should consider holding off on certain insults until you've been here a while and know whereof you speak.  It happens to be absolutely true that Telstar has often been accused of being a past member named "bill," a less than stellar individual, to put it mildly.

Linda, do you even remember Bill?

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:Linda, do you even remember Bill?

Not sure why that's important in the context of this thread, but no, I don't personally remember him. I've been given lots of info on him by one or two people via PM's. I don't believe Tel is bill, but that's just my gut assessment. You ask because.....? BBL, LL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum