Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreigner's coming to a place near you.

+6
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
QueenOfHearts
Hospital Bob
Sal
dumpcare
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Obama said the illegal children would be sent back. How many planes have departed to Central America with the illegal children?   Shipping  children all over the country is not what he said would happen.

Children who crossed the border with a parent are being deported.

Unaccompanied children first must appear before an immigration judge for processing, as mandated by the 2008 law signed by Bush.

Obama has asked Congress for the funds required to address the situation.

Congress, led by Republican obstructionists, has refused to move.

The resources to process these human beings humanely and efficiently are just not there at this time.

I suppose you would advocate detaining these children in squalid conditions for an indefinite period of time.

Absolutely not.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Obama said the illegal children would be sent back. How many planes have departed to Central America with the illegal children?   Shipping  children all over the country is not what he said would happen.

Question for you Joani:  Do you see this current situation as being a humanitarian crisis or is this more of a regular immigration issue?  

I see it as an illegal immigration crisis.....involving an huge influx of minor children, without family or guardians entering our country. Nothing regular about it.

How do you see it?

Wait, humanitarian crisis or immigration crisis?  Are these kids coming here as refugees seeking to escape the prospect of being forced into a gang or exposed to cartel violence; or are they coming here because they all basically just want to immigrate to america for no reason in particular other than to get a job?

As for myself, I would categorize this as a humanitarian crisis.

Your question was is this a humanitarian crisis or a regular immigration issue.  Like I said I see it as an illegal immigration crisis....of course it also becomes a humanitarian crisis for the children coming from Central America and the health and welfare of our citizens.

There is nothing regular about 90,000 unaccompanied children entering the U.S. in one year.

As far as jobs....are you promoting child labor?

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:of course it also becomes a humanitarian crisis for the children coming from Central America and the health and welfare of our citizens.

A higher percentage of children in the countries from which these kids are immigrating are vaccinated compared to U.S. children.

The health issues they have are mainly from the squalid conditions in which they're being confined.

Last edited by Sal on 7/16/2014, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Question for you Joani:  Do you see this current situation as being a humanitarian crisis or is this more of a regular immigration issue?  

I see it as an illegal immigration crisis.....involving an huge influx of minor children, without family or guardians entering our country. Nothing regular about it.

How do you see it?

Wait, humanitarian crisis or immigration crisis?  Are these kids coming here as refugees seeking to escape the prospect of being forced into a gang or exposed to cartel violence; or are they coming here because they all basically just want to immigrate to america for no reason in particular other than to get a job?

As for myself, I would categorize this as a humanitarian crisis.

Your question was is this a humanitarian crisis or a regular immigration issue.  Like I said I see it as an illegal immigration crisis....of course it also becomes a humanitarian crisis for the children coming from Central America and the health and welfare of our citizens.

There is nothing regular about 90,000 unaccompanied children entering the U.S. in one year.

As far as jobs....are you promoting child labor?

I don't think you understood the question correctly.

Sal

Sal

Foreigner's coming to a place near you. - Page 2 Alcaraz-2

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal 1% difference in vaccination difference, assuming the children sent on a 1000 mile trek, were actually vaccinated.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Sal 1% difference in vaccination difference, assuming the children sent on a 1000 mile trek, were  actually vaccinated.

Well, there's about a 98% chance that they were vaccinated.

And the point stands.

These kids pose less of a health risk than kids born right here in the good ol' U S of A.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Sal 1% difference in vaccination difference, assuming the children sent on a 1000 mile trek, were  actually vaccinated.

And the point stands.

These kids pose less of a health risk than kids born right here in the good ol' U S of A.

Ok then we have established they are healthy....so now what do we do with 60,000 under age children, and by the end of the year 90,000 children.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

And the point stands.

Ok then we have established they are healthy....so now what do we do with 60,000 under age children, and by the end of the year 90,000 children.

Process them humanely and efficiently and work with the countries of origin to stem the flow.

Tell your Congressman to get crackin' and fund the President's proposal.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joani, let's say you're leaving the grocery store one day and a serial killer jumps out from behind a bush.  The serial killer says "I'm a serial killer, and now you are going to be my next victim."  Panicked and unable to reach your car, you happen to notice a nearby car that someone has left running while they run into the liquor store.  Seeing no other option, you dive into the car and drive off to safety.

Is the above a story of grand theft auto, or is it a story of a human being in crisis taking whatever option is available to them in order to survive?  Say that a few days after your miraculous escape you were to look outside of your living room window and see politically motivated protesters holding signs that say "LOK UP CAR STEALERS!!!111" and "WE SHULD PROSEKUTE NEONE WHO STEELS A VEHIKLE!!@!!11"...how would you view those people?  Oh, and let's assume that during all of this, you're just a kid.

This isn't merely an issue of people trying to immigrate to the US illegally for no other reason than to get a job.  These are people - kids - who find themselves in the grips of a humanitarian crisis.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Again, what are we going to do with a yearly estimated 90,000 kids coming unaccompanied to the U.S. ?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thank you, Boards...and well stated. What can we do about the crisis in Honduras, which seems to be the main point of origin?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Again, what are we going to do with a yearly estimated 90,000 kids coming  unaccompanied to the U.S. ?

I don't know. But in the mean time, I can tell you what we shouldn't be doing. We shouldn't be treating this as some sort of ordinary immigration issue or criminal case. And we certainly shouldn't be protesting and telling these kids to get the f--- out of our country and return home to certain death.

But that's just me.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Again, what are we going to do with a yearly estimated 90,000 kids coming  unaccompanied to the U.S. ?

Again, process them humanely and efficiently and work with the countries of origin to stem the flow.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

I don't know.  But in the mean time, I can tell you what we shouldn't be doing.  We shouldn't be treating this as some sort of ordinary immigration issue or criminal case.  And we certainly shouldn't be protesting and telling these kids to get the f--- out of our country and return home to certain death.

But that's just me.

Who is calling it an ordinary immigration issue?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

Again, process them humanely and efficiently and work with the countries of origin to stem the flow.

You are right.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I don't know.  But in the mean time, I can tell you what we shouldn't be doing.  We shouldn't be treating this as some sort of ordinary immigration issue or criminal case.  And we certainly shouldn't be protesting and telling these kids to get the f--- out of our country and return home to certain death.

But that's just me.

Who is calling it an ordinary immigration issue?  

Bob. ppaca. Many in the GOP and GOP supporters.

Sal

Sal

Foreigner's coming to a place near you. - Page 2 Screen18

Asshole ....

2seaoat

As babyboomers leave the economy, we have a population deficit. We should be increasing immigration quotas. My experience with President Reagan's path to citizenship was that people got jobs and paid taxes. This idea that people who are poor immigrants are going to be on the public dole is a huge misnomer. My experience is that extended family helps house the newcomers, and resources are often pooled.

In the long term increasing our flat line population growth is going to have positive impact on our economy. I have suggested it before. Increase immigration quotas, keep the border secure, and give all residents a path to citizenship. This idea that immigration is bad for economic growth and a drag on our economy is boneheaded stupid. Yes, there are numerous examples of ad hoc leeches, but the aggregate is a huge plus for this country.

My grandmother in Birmingham used to talk about the foreigner living next door. She was 85 at the time, and one day I struck up a conversation when visiting her house. The man was second generation Italian, and attended the catholic church and was articulate and educated. My grandmother was a Southern Baptist, and she barely recognized catholics as christians, but when I told her what a nice family........she said they were pretty nice for foreigners.........The Scotch Irish homogeneous society of Opelika Al where she grew up had no foreigners or people were different ethnicity. Today, most of that resistance to immigration is the same pool of people, and having been exposed to more diverse communities, I always felt so sorry for those people who were so fearful and frightened of foreigners.

dumpcare

http://www.krgv.com/news/ms-13-member-arrested-in-la-grulla/

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/16/Exclusive-Released-Alien-from-Border-Crisis-Arrested-For-Alleged-Murder-Kidnapping-in-Texas

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/16/Federal-Agents-Arrest-Gun-Carrying-Immigrant

2seaoat

The people I know who are illegal immigrants WORK.......I lived in Mexico, and the culture is all about work and family. There are jails in every country for people who break laws......among the pool of illegal immigrants are baad apples, but in the aggregate overwhelmingly this people help our economy and they take care of themselves.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:http://www.krgv.com/news/ms-13-member-arrested-in-la-grulla/

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/16/Exclusive-Released-Alien-from-Border-Crisis-Arrested-For-Alleged-Murder-Kidnapping-in-Texas

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/16/Federal-Agents-Arrest-Gun-Carrying-Immigrant

More reasons to process these people fully and efficiently. 

Fund the President's proposal. 

Call your Congressman. 

Get crackin'. 

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:of course it also becomes a humanitarian crisis for the children coming from Central America and the health and welfare of our citizens.

A higher percentage of children in the countries from which these kids are immigrating [emigrating]are vaccinated compared to U.S. children.

The health issues they have are mainly from the squalid conditions in which they're being confined.

Foreigner's coming to a place near you. - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink

You do have a sense of humor!

Last edited by Markle on 7/16/2014, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Math is hard. 

We get it. 

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Foreigner's coming to a place near you. - Page 2 Alcaraz-2

You're a hoot!

Foreigner's coming to a place near you. - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink