Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violent Chicago Weekend

+5
gatorfan
no stress
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 10:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think we're getting away from the point here. The point is that we're seeing the most gun violence in a place which has the most strict gun control laws.

Since the early 1970s, Chicago and its suburban municipalities have taken a national lead in enacting firearms control legislation. Citizens' groups such as the Committee for Handgun Control, formed in 1973 and renamed Illinois Citizens for Handgun Control in 1982, have worked together with city politicians and police to pass some of the nation's toughest gun control laws.

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/557.html

27Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 6:19 am

2seaoat

Nobody is getting away from the point. Indiana with easy access to guns is ten minutes away from some of the most violent GANG ridden areas of the city. New York City is surrounded by states with restrictive gun laws. It does not take a gangbanger to have a degree from Harvard to figure how to take that ten minute drive to get a gun......so exactly what is your point Bob? Did the former Santa Rosa bar on selling liquor on Sunday stop you from drinking?

The only point is WHO is responsible for gun violence. It has nothing to do with the second amendment and it has nothing to do with Chicago gun laws when a person can travel ten minutes and avoid the same. The point is that drugs fuel the criminal enterprise, and guns implement the power of those entities.

28Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 7:16 am

no stress

no stress

If you cut off access to the guns and drugs they'll just switch to hammers and acetone to do their deeds. You must go to the root of the problem, the criminal and the reason one turns to gangs. A life of working and raising a two parent family has to be taught to be more attractive and rewarding than stints in jail and an early death from turf wars.

29Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 8:03 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: it has nothing to do with Chicago gun laws when a person can travel ten minutes and avoid the same.   

When we put a prohibition on alcohol it was a nationwide ban and prohibited in Indiana too.  But that didn't stop people in Chicago from getting alcohol. All it did was give birth to Al Capone.
The same applies to guns.

30Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 8:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

no stress wrote:If you cut off access to the guns and drugs they'll just switch to hammers and acetone to do their deeds.  You must go to the root of the problem,  the criminal and the reason one turns to gangs.  A life of working and raising a two parent family has to be taught to be more attractive and rewarding than stints in jail and an early death from turf wars.

HOUSTON - An 83-year-old Houston woman has foiled a would-be burglar by tossing a pot of boiling water on him.

Lillie McClendon says she noticed things out of place and a side window open at her home Sunday when a man confronted her, tried choking her and demanded money.

McClendon, who's lived in her home more than 50 years, told Houston television station KTRK she wasn't going to surrender. She fought off the intruder by grabbing a stick and tried to hit him.

She says at one point she told the man he should be ashamed of himself and asked: "What kind of momma you got that raised you up like this?"

Then she got hold of a pot of boiling water from the stove and doused him.

"Oh shoot yeah. I got a stick and tried to hit him," she told KTRK. "I had sausage on the stove. I put hot water on him."

He fled.

31Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 9:22 am

2seaoat

When we put a prohibition on alcohol it was a nationwide ban and prohibited in Indiana too. But that didn't stop people in Chicago from getting alcohol. All it did was give birth to Al Capone.
The same applies to guns.

Where did you come up with the idea that anybody has suggested the prohibition of guns? Like the decriminalization of drug use, and like the decriminalization of alcohol use, what IS being suggested is regulated and taxed alternatives NOT prohibition. All I have ever heard was regulation on guns which the Supreme Court in all its recent decisions certainly agrees.

The banning of nuclear weapons, rocket launchers, and biological weapons is prohibition, but the addictive personality is not involved in that process. The murders in Chicago are gang related. The solutions to gang violence is to take the profit and purpose of the criminal enterprise away. Medical pot will be available in Chicago in the next few months and the legislature has recreational bills before it. The criteria for setting up the dispensaries are strict and very profitable to society, both in taxes generated and gutting the criminal enterprises and the underlying violence.

32Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 11:31 am

Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvgLDGVQhboQfBiszUQlDfwrYLX8xWbnTVZejt2XJSZWAmY-uy

I totally agree with regulation as a law abiding citizen I should be able to purchase and own any firearms and equipment that the law enforcement officials in this country are allowed to utilize.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZk9tycQ9q0&list=RDjZk9tycQ9q0#t=0

Smile

33Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 11:41 am

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:
Where did you come up with the idea that anybody has suggested the prohibition of guns?

Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 1387980569894

34Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 11:42 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I think we're getting away from the point here.  The point is that we're seeing the most gun violence in a place which has the most strict gun control laws.

Since the early 1970s, Chicago and its suburban municipalities have taken a national lead in enacting firearms control legislation. Citizens' groups such as the Committee for Handgun Control, formed in 1973 and renamed Illinois Citizens for Handgun Control in 1982, have worked together with city politicians and police to pass some of the nation's toughest gun control laws.

New Orleans has more gun violence than Chicago, and anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a gun without any sort of permit or license. No registration of firearms is required. There are no caps on magazine size or limitations on assault rifles. Everyone is free to openly carry their guns in public without the need of any sort of permit.

35Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 12:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:I think we're getting away from the point here.  The point is that we're seeing the most gun violence in a place which has the most strict gun control laws.

New Orleans has more gun violence than Chicago, and anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a gun without any sort of permit or license.  No registration of firearms is required.  There are no caps on magazine size or limitations on assault rifles.  Everyone is free to openly carry their guns in public without the need of any sort of permit.  

And with more gun control are you suggesting the criminals will become legal gun toting thugs?

36Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 1:41 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

New Orleans has more gun violence than Chicago, and anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a gun without any sort of permit or license.  No registration of firearms is required.  There are no caps on magazine size or limitations on assault rifles.  Everyone is free to openly carry their guns in public without the need of any sort of permit.  

And with more gun control are you suggesting the criminals will become legal gun toting thugs?

Nope. Just adding context.

37Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 7:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Putting Gun Death Statistics in Perspective
Gangs Remain Key Unaddressed Problem in Gun Debate

There are roughly 32,000 gun deaths per year in the United States. Of those, around 60% are suicides. About 3% are accidental deaths (less than 1,000). About 34% of deaths (just over 11,000 in both 2010 and 2011) make up the remainder of gun deaths. Sometimes the 32,000 and 11,000 figures are used interchangeably by gun control advocates. Clearly, the 32,000 figure is a far more dramatic number and is often used for impact. These numbers are also regularly compared to other countries' gun statistics. But are they true? Here, we will examine some of the most common gun control arguments used and put those figures into perspective.

To hear gun control advocates speak, one would be led to believe that gun violence is a widespread problem whereby the mere existence of a gun is as much a problem as the person who intends to wield it. But the reality is that gun homicides are overwhelmingly tied to gang violence. In fact, a staggering 80% of gun homicides are gang-related. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 250 million guns.

Cities such as Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Cleveland, and New Orleans all have very high per-capita murder rates. Individual police estimates usually find at least 65% and often more than 80% of all murders in those cities are gang-related. Solve the problem of gang violence, and a huge chunk of the gun homicide and violence problem is solved. And what national gun control measures would slow the gang violence problem, when local gun control laws have failed in cities like Chicago? If politicians were really worried about gun deaths, wouldn't they be specifically targeting where a majority of the problems exist?

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/capitalpunishment/a/Putting-Gun-Death-Statistics-In-Perspective.htm

38Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 7:42 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But whatever you do, don't say anything against gangs. That would be racist. lol

39Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 7:51 pm

2seaoat

But whatever you do, don't say anything against gangs. That would be racist. lol

Gangs and criminal enterprises have always had ethnic consistency. There are exceptions, but prohibition saw the advent of gangs which shared ethnicity. The racist immigration laws which limited Italian immigration was not without reference to the violence associated with Italians and the criminal enterprises which prospered during the roaring twenties. I do enjoy your enlightenment. You are actually reading my posts and comprehending.....with enough time, I may have you putting your hood back in the closet.

So now you are getting to the point which you chastized me earlier.....as if gun prohibition has ever been the issue. It is the criminal enterprise which is fueled by prohibition......nothing more....nothing less.

40Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 8:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

So now you are getting to the point which you chastized me earlier.....as if gun prohibition has ever been the issue.  

No my point was the issue liberals obsess on is gun control and it's obviously not working.

41Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 8:58 pm

Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9UJ3pKfG1VnEDov2pk1CNuoVFYHVn0LCok9HZUWRtJMcbNHjAmQ

Where can I pick up one of these babies? And does it come with rocket launchers and fully automatic 50 cals?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Smile 

42Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 9:17 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

So now you are getting to the point which you chastized me earlier.....as if gun prohibition has ever been the issue.  

No my point was the issue liberals obsess on is gun control and it's obviously not working.

What do you suggest? How do we keep guns out of the hands of people who are bent on destruction?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/10/us-usa-shooting-texas-idUSKBN0FF04320140710

43Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 9:35 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:

What do you suggest?  How do we keep guns out of the hands of people who are bent on destruction?  

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/10/us-usa-shooting-texas-idUSKBN0FF04320140710

Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrXrpl2tYq3H--ZCJBZLWWTpN8tmhZUEr_3F4jC6Hb-gdYte64ug

Why don't you ask that question of the gangs and government that responds to the threat instead of taking it out on law abiding citizens?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

Smile 

44Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/10/2014, 9:54 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

What do you suggest?  How do we keep guns out of the hands of people who are bent on destruction?  

I don't think there is any solution to it other than to stay out of the neighborhoods where it happens. That has worked well for me.

45Violent Chicago Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/11/2014, 3:57 am

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

If you recall, New Orleans, and the honorable Ray Nagin had all the guns, legal and illegal, confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum