Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violent Chicago Weekend

+5
gatorfan
no stress
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Violent Chicago Weekend 7/7/2014, 6:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

85 people shot in Chicago over the July 4 the weekend. Do you think thugs will abide by gun laws?

2Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/7/2014, 6:55 pm

2seaoat

Gun laws are secondary to drug laws......when they made alcohol illegal, people were getting shot in Chicago. Take the criminal enterprise of prohibition out of the equation, and gun violence all but disappears. Pot reform is sweeping the nation, and it must be just the beginning. Prohibition does not work. Regulation and taxation works.

3Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/7/2014, 7:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Gun laws are secondary to drug laws......when they made alcohol illegal, people were getting shot in Chicago.   Take the criminal enterprise of prohibition out of the equation, and gun violence all but disappears.  Pot reform is sweeping the nation, and it must be just the beginning.  Prohibition does not work.  Regulation and taxation works.

I assume you are safe....and without bullet-holes.

4Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/7/2014, 8:01 pm

2seaoat

I assume you are safe....and without bullet-holes.

Chicago is one of the safest cities in the world outside the active gang controlled territories on the South and West side. Gang territories and distribution of illegal drugs is the issue.

5Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/7/2014, 9:22 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I assume you are safe....and without bullet-holes.

Chicago is one of the safest cities in the world outside the active gang controlled territories on the South and West side.  Gang territories and distribution of illegal drugs is the issue.

Violent Chicago Weekend AnimatedLaughterPink

You're a hoot!

6Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 2:14 am

Violent Chicago Weekend Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTY5Dg8ydW4PeKrdiMvmH3v7XBoCE3VklqiAojjKbaPFx8druV_A

Lake Forest might be safe... but then they're a closed community. You can't even get off the L unless you live there.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile 

7Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 9:41 am

no stress

no stress

Only the most brain dead of our species think that rigorous gun control laws stem crime. A criminal is by definition one who disregards laws of society so how will you get him to obey a gun related law? On the other hand, law abiding citizens are being left defenseless short of a butter knife, because they will not break the law and buy a gun to reciprocate a criminals violent actions towards him of his family. On a side note I had to laugh at Chicago's police chief who seized the moment to advocate for more gun control laws. He's the same guy who was fired from the NYPD for getting drunk and shooting out a bunch of streetlights with his service weapon. LMAO!!!

8Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 10:27 am

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote: Regulation and taxation works.

Isn't excessive regulation just another form of prohibition? Felons are "prohibited" from possessing a weapon. Doesn't stop them one bit. Lenient judges are a major problem - when you read about a felon committing a crime and find out they have been arrested 20 times what does that tell you?

Stopping rampant crime is going to take some creative thinking. Let's start with finding solutions to the lack of family unit's, a broken education system due to political correctness, lack of jobs for lower skilled people, folks trapped in the interior of decrepit cities with no transportation, jobs, or even access to a regular grocery store leading to dependency on government largess, etc.

9Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 7:09 pm

2seaoat

If you think that a felon in possession of a gun gets a slap on the wrist, you are wrong. My daughter was putting folks in prison for years for the same offense. In regard to this idea that folks are not going to get involved in illegal drug traffic and gangs, think again. A sophomore in High school can make 2k a week selling eight balls from a corner, and those territories and the flow of those illegal drugs set in motion criminal enterprises which are in constant battle. So go right ahead and try to talk to a gang member about being a good person, and going to work at the local fast food place with no future, no benefits, and lucky if they net 10% what the gangbanger is making, and in this world you carry and fight for your gang. Kill the profit in that eight ball, and you kill the nexus of violence. The rest is incredibly naive folks, who in Pensacola think the violence is random and not connected to gangs, because like the toxicity of the Gulf.....tourists do not want to come and visit gang warfare, so it is all about smoke and mirrors........it has absolutely nothing to do with gun control, the second amendment, or political gobblygook, it is cold hard cash and the criminal enterprises which have arisen with prohibition.

10Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 7:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:If you think that a felon in possession of a gun gets a slap on the wrist, you are wrong.  My daughter was putting folks in prison for years for the same offense.  In regard to this idea that folks are not going to get involved in illegal drug traffic and gangs, think again.   A sophomore in High school can make 2k a week selling eight balls from a corner, and those territories and the flow of those illegal drugs set in motion criminal enterprises which are in constant battle.  So go right ahead and try to talk to a gang member about being a good person, and going to work at the local fast food place with no future, no benefits, and lucky if they net 10% what the gangbanger is making, and in this world you carry and fight for your gang.  Kill the profit in that eight ball, and you kill the nexus of violence.   The rest is incredibly naive folks, who in Pensacola think the violence is random and not connected to gangs, because like the toxicity of the Gulf.....tourists do not want to come and visit gang warfare, so it is all about smoke and mirrors........it has absolutely nothing to do with gun control, the second amendment, or political gobblygook, it is cold hard cash and the criminal enterprises which have arisen with prohibition.

If your daughter is a federal prosecutor she would put them away for a longer time than the county prosecutors.

As far as legalizing drugs...that will not do a damn thing to break the gun violence. They will still have gangs and turf wars, armed robberies to get money for legal street drugs, and of course just killing because they want to kill.

11Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 7:31 pm

2seaoat

As far as legalizing drugs...that will not do a damn thing to break the gun violence. They will still have gangs and turf wars, armed robberies to get money for legal street drugs, and of course just killing because they want to kill.

Nonsense. Decriminalization of drugs will be the largest competition that organized crime faces, and with the same prices and supplies will not be controlled by criminal enterprises. Will gangs disappear overnight. No, the roaring twenties criminal enterprises connected to alcohol did not evaporate with the decriminalization of the sale of alcohol, they just changed.....for the most part from violent street violence, to legitimate businesses where the incentive to fight for territory and market share ended.........THEY want to kill......its about the money....prohibition makes it profitable. Colorado and Washington State are going to be brimming with tax dollars and resources as they regulate that which was once prohibited.......this really is simple.

12Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 7:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

13Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 10:11 pm

2seaoat

Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

I have friends who get high every day and own businesses which they built while getting high everyday. I have other friends who are stone cold alcoholics who built businesses and went to work every day. Addiction and the use of alcohol and drugs is far more complex than simple answers of druggies do not work.....sure I can give you a hundred people who through addiction ruined their lives, but it is less about regulated and decriminalized drugs and much more about the addictive personality who usually has many more deep psychological issues. The idea that this personality type is somehow going to be deterred because of the threat of criminality has clearly been shown to fall drastically short as duis are repeated over and over again, until somebody gets killed......it has nothing to do with the criminal sanctions, and therein is the failure of the paradigm. Prohibition never worked and the violence is a direct result of those failed policies.

14Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/8/2014, 10:24 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

I have friends who get high every day and own businesses which they built while getting high everyday.  I have other friends who are stone cold alcoholics who built businesses and went to work every day.   Addiction and the use of alcohol and drugs is far more complex than simple answers of druggies do not work.....sure I can give you a hundred people who through addiction ruined their lives, but it is less about regulated and decriminalized drugs and much more about the addictive personality who usually has many more deep psychological issues.  The idea that this personality type is somehow going to be deterred because of the threat of criminality has clearly been shown to fall drastically short as duis are repeated over and over again, until somebody gets killed......it has nothing to do with the criminal sanctions, and therein is the failure of the paradigm.  Prohibition never worked and the violence is a direct result of those failed policies.

Violent Chicago Weekend AnimatedLaughterPink

15Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 7:29 am

2seaoat

According to the report, which culled data from sources including the Colorado Department of Revenue and Colorado Center on Law & Policy, the first four months of legal marijuana sales resulted in $10.8 million in taxes. That means about $1.9 million of the projected $40 million in pot tax money that was expected to go to Colorado’s schools has actually been raised, according to the report. Recreational pot is subject to a 12.9 percent state sales tax; medical pot is taxed at 2.9 percent.

Still, sales in all marijuana stores are estimated to approach $1 billion for the 2014 fiscal year, according to the report, and that has meant employment for close to 10,000 people. Twenty pot retail shops opened on Jan. 1, noted Way, and now there are 100 statewide.

Decriminalization of drugs is the answer.

16Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 9:06 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

I have friends who get high every day and own businesses which they built while getting high everyday.  I have other friends who are stone cold alcoholics who built businesses and went to work every day.   Addiction and the use of alcohol and drugs is far more complex than simple answers of druggies do not work.....sure I can give you a hundred people who through addiction ruined their lives, but it is less about regulated and decriminalized drugs and much more about the addictive personality who usually has many more deep psychological issues.  The idea that this personality type is somehow going to be deterred because of the threat of criminality has clearly been shown to fall drastically short as duis are repeated over and over again, until somebody gets killed......it has nothing to do with the criminal sanctions, and therein is the failure of the paradigm.  Prohibition never worked and the violence is a direct result of those failed policies.

Were your friends meth addicts and crack heads?

17Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 9:36 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The meth and crack addictions are often rural...the kids of parents who once farmed for a living are turning to drugs in record numbers. Chicago's problems...only to a degree...stem from chronic unemployment, the availability of guns outside the city limits, and the profit from drug and arms sales...which are often brought in by a very small number of people who import them from neighboring Indiana and from Mississippi, where gun laws are lax, even compared to Illinois laws. In other words, criminal elements can make ungodly profits from not only drugs but from guns. Removing the drugs from the equation would most certainly improve the outcomes. There most certainly are deeper psychological issues that lead to addiction.

18Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 10:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
The meth and crack addictions are often rural...the kids of parents who once farmed for a living are turning to drugs in record numbers.  Chicago's problems...only to a degree...stem from chronic unemployment, the availability of guns outside the city limits, and the profit from drug and arms sales...which are often brought in by a very small number of people who import them from neighboring Indiana and from Mississippi, where gun laws are lax, even compared to Illinois laws.  In other words, criminal elements can make ungodly profits from not only drugs but from guns.  Removing the drugs from the equation would most certainly improve the outcomes.  There most certainly are deeper psychological issues that lead to addiction.

70% of the impact of crack was felt in large cities, and the rates per capita were 10 times higher in larger cities than in the rest of the nation.

19Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 4:39 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The meth and crack addictions are often rural...the kids of parents who once farmed for a living are turning to drugs in record numbers.  Chicago's problems...only to a degree...stem from chronic unemployment, the availability of guns outside the city limits, and the profit from drug and arms sales...which are often brought in by a very small number of people who import them from neighboring Indiana and from Mississippi, where gun laws are lax, even compared to Illinois laws.  In other words, criminal elements can make ungodly profits from not only drugs but from guns.  Removing the drugs from the equation would most certainly improve the outcomes.  There most certainly are deeper psychological issues that lead to addiction.

70% of the impact of crack was felt in large cities, and the rates per capita were 10 times higher in larger cities than in the rest of the nation.

Truth and facts are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to Progressives.

That's how the Progressives here can throw up posts here without shame or remorse.

20Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 4:55 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

What do you think the chief source of revenue for a gang is?

21Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 5:22 pm

2seaoat

Were your friends meth addicts and crack heads?

Nobody I have EVER known is stupid enough to do meth, but the three very successful people I know were addicted as follows: 1 cocaine, and alcohol. He is one of the most successful brokers I know and makes over a million dollars a year, and he made ten million on a dot.com company two decades ago. He is on the wagon and is active in AA currently. 2. Daily user of pot, and alcohol and sold his business for 10 million after being high every day, and raising his family who have all turned out great. 3. Drinks a quart of vodka a day and is a full blown alcoholic but owns one of the most successful paving companies in the state. 4. One of the most successful real estate sales people is a daily user of heroin, and is totally functional and maintains his addiction and is high functioning. He goes to work every day, and nobody would even guess he is high. 5. although I do not know him personally, I listened to his radio show in the nineties and he was high on oxy every day and was still highly functional., but he was and remains a moron

This idea that people cannot use drugs and function is a false generalization. Addictive personalities who have problems long before the drugs do in fact present a huge problem when drugs are decriminalized, but a jail is no rehab facility. Prohibition is stupid. It funds criminal enterprises and destroys the fabric of our society. It creates a police state which is far more harmful than the effects of the drugs. People are getting high from alcohol

22Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 5:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Dream on......the life style will remain. The druggies are not going to run out and get jobs so they can purchase legalized drugs

Cocaine!

23Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 5:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Were your friends meth addicts and crack heads?

Nobody I have EVER known is stupid enough to do meth, but the three very successful people I know were addicted as follows:  1 cocaine, and alcohol.  He is one of the most successful brokers I know and makes over a million dollars a year, and he made ten million on a dot.com company two decades ago.  He is on the wagon and is active in AA currently.  2.  Daily user of pot, and alcohol and sold his business for 10 million after being high every day, and raising his family who have all turned out great.   3.  Drinks a quart of vodka a day and is a full blown alcoholic but owns one of the most successful paving companies in the state.   4.  One of the most successful real estate sales people is a daily user of heroin, and is totally functional and maintains his addiction and is high functioning.  He goes to work every day, and nobody would even guess he is high.  5.  although I do not know him personally, I listened to his radio show in the nineties and he was high on oxy every day and was still highly functional., but he was and remains a moron

This idea that people cannot use drugs and function is a false generalization.  Addictive personalities who have problems long before the drugs do in fact present a huge problem when drugs are decriminalized, but a jail is no rehab facility.  Prohibition is stupid.  It funds criminal enterprises and destroys the fabric of our society.  It creates a police state which is far more harmful than the effects of the drugs.  People are getting high from alcohol

Crack and Meth addicts are NOT capable of functioning.

24Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 5:36 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Cocaine!

And why do people buy cocaine from gangs instead of Walgreens?

25Violent Chicago Weekend Empty Re: Violent Chicago Weekend 7/9/2014, 5:59 pm

2seaoat

Crack and Meth addicts are NOT capable of functioning.

Nor are most alcohol addictions in the later phase, but the alcohol is legal and available. Prohibition never works, but regulation with a sliding scale always works when tax revenue can be generated and the more addictive and dangerous drugs are highly regulated with funds from the tax dollars going to rehab. Again, the addictive personality is the starting point. Prohibition does not stop them, but it feeds criminal enterprises which are a cancer on our society.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum