Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat is right. All the illegal immigration has stopped under Obama. There is no more illegal immigration. It's all been made up by the right-wing media.

+5
gatorfan
knothead
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gatorfan

Sal wrote:If we wanted to be honest about it, we would stop calling these women and children illegal immigrants and start describing them accurately as refugees fleeing crime and violence largely financed by our appetite for drugs.

The label is not really important but you are right, most of the problems in S/A countries are fueled by the U.S. appetite for illegal drugs. The drug war is a failure and does nothing but contribute (increasingly) to gang related crime that is now influencing (more and more) an increase in illegal immigration attempts.

As the gateway Mexico has no interest in stopping the flow; they don't want that massive influx of people.

It's weird, Americans use drugs I suppose to forget or escape something while these other people think they are escaping into the U.S. for a better life. Because of the drugs.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:If we wanted to be honest about it, we would stop calling these women and children illegal immigrants and start describing them accurately as refugees fleeing crime and violence largely financed by our appetite for drugs.

If it were only limited to the drug war...but it's more than that. It's the systematic exploitation of the natural resources in these countries...and their manpower...sporadically over the years. It's inciting violence, sometimes through economic means, sometimes just by aligning with the rich and powerful there to create chaos, starvation, killing of women and children. We don't have a pretty history with our neighbors to the South.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
Pay attention.  I said that we are CAPTURING record number of people trying to cross.  I also said that historically we had 20-30k unaccompanied children and that number has doubled and in fact the problem is the efficiency of their capture and the increased number and the lack of facilities to hold the captured.

Now Bob for the rest of the story......do you realize by three fold people are overstaying their visas in this country.   As many as 170k swedes, germans, croatians, French, British, and Italians, but where is the outrage......I guess most of the overstays on tourists and student visas are mostly not brown people, so of course your Pensacola upbringing would find white people crossing into this country in three fold numbers not a problem........just brown people......carry on, because this has nothing to do with liberal or conservative as much as racist and not.   When the outcry over visa violations where we fill a baseball stadium every quarter, I will find your concerns sincere.

Sorry, I didn't notice your link to a reliable source.

Markle

Markle

So instead of illegal aliens or immigrants you want to call them illegal refugees.

Either way, their all illegally entering the United States.

2seaoat

No Bob you do not know what I have been saying. You consistently misquote what I have said. The truth is simple. The date of the article does not change the facts which are the same. In the last six years illegal immigration has been rendered to almost zero on the southern border. There are almost 10k boots on the ground which were not on our border in the 80s when people could walk over are now being caught. The sociological impact of crime and poverty in Central America which traces its roots to our unlawful intervention in overthrowing democratically elected governments has not changed the flow of humanity to our borders seekng opportunity, safety, and liberty for their families, and the absurdity of your not listening is that you look at the mass of people caught in the nets we have erected, and say our border is failing. It is not. What is failing is the humanitarian treatment of those caught and waiting for deportation. Again, it is like filling our jails with folks who have broke the law, and as we fill the jails because of 10k more boots on the ground........you are basically arguing it was better when folks were not caught.....splendid logic. Our borders are working. The sociological conditions in South America are largely a result of the Reagan illegal policies trading arms with Iran and funding terrorist in Central America to overthrow democratically elected regimes who proposed reforms which threatened the entrenched land based Oligarchies.......engage your brain, or rest on your racist fears, but our borders have NEVER worked as well as the last six years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum