Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gas prices when Obama took office

+3
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
boards of FL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gas prices when Obama took office 10482859_10152174906010911_6642090110096080273_n

boards of FL

boards of FL

I seem to recall some sort of economic disturbance that existed during that same time.

Oh... now those are relevant... but not the dot com crash or 9/11 to the bush tax cuts. We're about the same length out now... if not further... than when we saw tax revenues begin to increase and gdp grow after those cuts were enacted. right?

boards of FL wrote:I seem to recall some sort of economic disturbance that existed during that same time.

Yes, blame someone else....but no...your boy owns it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Blaming gasoline prices on whoever is President is unequivocally STUPID.

Then again, one must consider the poster who started this thread.......

The price of oil is going to rise--likely very high--the current situation in Iraq is serving as the trigger for current price volitility.

You must consider many other things as well:

--Petroleum is a finite resource.

--Cost of extraction; the cheap and easy to get oil has already been extracted.

--Geopolitics and the fact that much of the world's remaining oil lies beneath geopolitically unstable countries.

--Demand; as demand goes up so does the price. I am not just referring to demand within the United States, but in the world. China and India are now the biggest drivers of demand.

--Quality of hydrocarbons extracted. Much of the light-sweet crude has already been extracted, and lower grades crudes are having to fill the demand. These cost more to refine.

Needless to say, the posters who drive hybrid vehicles will be more insulated from price increases than those who drive gas-hogs.

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 6/26/2014, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Well this is interesting. What powers does a president have which effects the global price of oil and refined products?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Good question. I think Greg Palast has the answer. His theory is that Saddam Hussein, after suffering sanctions, was going broke after the Iran/Iraq war. His plan was to sell oil on the open market to save his country. That action would have destabilized the price of oil. You figure it out.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I seem to recall some sort of economic disturbance that existed during that same time.

Yes, blame someone else....but no...your boy owns it.

PACEDOG, in your honest opinion, why do you think gasoline was so cheap during the time period in which Obama took office?

Look at this image and notice the sharp drop off in the price of gasoline that occurred during late 2008.  I'm curious as to how you explain that.  What theory does a GOP supporter apply to explain such a sharp change in price for gasoline?

Gas prices when Obama took office Priceofgas1970-2012

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Oh... now those are relevant... but not the dot com crash or 9/11 to the bush tax cuts. We're about the same length out now... if not further... than when we saw tax revenues begin to increase and gdp grow after those cuts were enacted. right?

Of course recessions are relevant. Honest question to you, PkrBum: Why was gas so cheap in January 2009? What is the GOP-base theory on that phenomenon?

PkrBum wrote:Oh... now those are relevant... but not the dot com crash or 9/11 to the bush tax cuts. We're about the same length out now... if not further... than when we saw tax revenues begin to increase and gdp grow after those cuts were enacted. right?

Well... aren't there charts or something to fire back with? I disagreed with those cuts... and the fed actions.

What are the results?

I have to say the level of intelligence on the repug side is very disturbing. Has anyone noticed this?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:I have to say the level of intelligence on the repug side is very disturbing. Has anyone noticed this?

Especially with the Obama haters......
 Razz Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

The president can influence gas prices. If his foreign policy is good then cost should be stable.

And why cant we benefit from oil removed from American soil?

Sal

Sal

Ti wrote:The president can influence gas prices. If his foreign policy is good then cost should be stable.

And why cant we benefit from oil removed from American soil?

Because our fossil fuel resources aren't nationalized, commie. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If we look at pacedog's own chart,  it shows us the very biggest increase in gas prices happened between 2000 and 2008,  when Bush was in office.  lol

Gas prices when Obama took office Bush10

Do you have a response to that, pacedog? lol

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I don't think President Obama should be blamed for the cost of oil. But I sure remember how much former President Bush was blamed when he was in office. Why the double standard?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts wrote:I don't think President Obama should be blamed for the cost of oil.  But I sure remember how much former President Bush was blamed when he was in office.   Why the double standard?

Because liberals blame conservatives for everything.  Just like conservatives blame liberals for everything.

It has nothing to do with reason or common sense.  It's just the liberal and conservative brainwashing.
The whole thing is inspired by The King of Sports (wrastlin).  The fans on one side of the ring always booed Hulk Hogan while the fans on the other side of the ring always booed Randy Savage.

Gas prices when Obama took office Tumblr_inline_n5bc5n9Ol91s8uuip

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum