Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The IRS has now "lost" the emails of six more people involved in the scandal.

+4
Markle
gatorfan
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.

The IRS told Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson

I wish there was such a thing as a "conservative" counterpart to Jon Stewart,  because I'm not even a joke writer and about ten jokes on this have already popped into my head.  lol

Maybe they were mistakenly forwarded to the VA.

Hint: I'm sure the NSA has a copy just laying around they will not be willing to share, national security being what it is right now.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.

The IRS told Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson

I wish there was such a thing as a "conservative" counterpart to Jon Stewart,  because I'm not even a joke writer and about ten jokes on this have already popped into my head.  lol

The IRS sent $46.3 million dollars in tax refunds to one address in Atlanta. Maybe the emails are there.

gatorfan

I heard a vicious rumor the company that built the ACA web site also handles the IRS account. If that's the case I can believe they managed the impossible by losing emails because everyone knows the government would NEVER back up their server data (you know like every other company in the private sector). I'm sure this was just a tragic error because the IRS doesn't lie, said no one ever.

The IRS has now "lost" the emails of six more people involved in the scandal. 600_Branco-Dog-Ate-IRS-Emails

And this is the agency that will be the enforcement hammer for obamacaid... what could go wrong?

The IRS sent $46.3 million dollars in tax refunds to one address in Atlanta.

The story starts in 2011 and exposed a serious loophole involving the ITIN. The skill displayed in exploiting it reminds me of the corporate shenanigans we read about. Who knew those "illegals" could be so darned clever.

The IRS responded to the situation and the loophole was closed.

But the ones for people like Romney will always remain.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/ITIN-Policy-Change-Summary-for-2013

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:And this is the agency that will be the enforcement hammer for obamacaid... what could go wrong?

Exactly. Instead of having people audited, they'll withhold their heart or diabetes medication.

Markle

Markle

BRDNH2O wrote:The IRS sent $46.3 million dollars in tax refunds to one address in Atlanta.

The story starts in 2011 and exposed a serious loophole involving the ITIN. The skill displayed in exploiting it reminds me of the corporate shenanigans we read about.  Who knew those "illegals" could be so darned clever.

The IRS responded to the situation and the loophole was closed.

But the ones for people like Romney will always remain.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/ITIN-Policy-Change-Summary-for-2013

Specifically what "ones" are for Romney to which you object?

Who pays the vast majority of income taxes?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:And this is the agency that will be the enforcement hammer for obamacaid... what could go wrong?

The Internal Revenue Service issued $4 billion in fraudulent tax refunds last year to people using stolen identities, with some of the money going to addresses in Bulgaria, Lithuania and Ireland, according to a Treasury report released Thursday.
The IRS sent a total of 655 tax refunds to a single address in Lithuania, and 343 refunds went to a lone address in Shanghai.
In the U.S., more fraudulent returns went to Miami than any other city.
Other top destinations were Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta and Houston.

I think they can handle Obamacaid.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.

How sad, the most powerful, feared agency in the United States "loses" years of emails, which undoubtedly prove criminal actions going all the way to the White House.

Which you think is funny.... Pathetic.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Which you think is funny....  Pathetic.

I think it's hilarious. I think this whole country is now nothing but a big sick joke.
And what's really even funnier is how it's going to get progressively worse.
And I'm hoping and praying the republicans get control of the white house and both houses of congress. Because then I get to laugh at those morons too. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Which you think is funny....  Pathetic.

I think it's hilarious.  I think this whole country is now nothing but a big sick joke.

And what's really even funnier is how it's going to get progressively worse.
And I'm hoping and praying the republicans get control of the white house and both houses of congress.  Because then I get to laugh at those morons too.
 lol

You just get more and more pathetic don't you. Must make you proud.

2seaoat

Again, the truth is being hidden by innuendo and lies. Nowhere has the IRS issued a statement that THEIR servers have lost emails. It is alleged by Representative Camp that they have informed him that those six employees computers have lost emails. Why would the committee with full general subpoena powers not do what every other congressional committee has done and directly subpoena those employee computers? Why has this not been done now? As to the official answer of the IRS in regard to emails on their servers, they are redacting and will release the information in early 2015. There is about 20k documents which need to be reviewed by lawyers and redacted.

However, the truth is much easier to cover with political propaganda which creates the false alternative universe that the IRS has somehow failed, when the committee STILL does not have any of those computers in their possession and having THEIR forensic experts reviewing the hard drives......why do you think that is?

2seaoat wrote:Again, the truth is being hidden by innuendo and lies.   Nowhere has the IRS issued a statement that THEIR servers have lost emails.  It is alleged by Representative Camp that they have informed him that those six employees computers have lost emails.   Why would the committee with full general subpoena powers not do what every other congressional committee has done and directly subpoena those employee computers?  Why has this not been done now?    As to the official answer of the IRS in regard to emails on their servers, they are redacting and will release the information in early 2015.  There is about 20k documents which need to be reviewed by lawyers and redacted.

However, the truth is much easier to cover with political propaganda which creates the false alternative universe that the IRS has somehow failed, when the committee STILL does not have any of those computers in their possession and having THEIR forensic experts reviewing the hard drives......why do you think that is?

Maybe nothing is being done because in reality they are all in on it together and this is just another distraction to keep us from seeing that weve all been herded into our stalls like the good little sheep we are.

Because I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe they do not have backup hard drive systems for the IRS.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:   Nowhere has the IRS issued a statement that THEIR servers have lost emails.  I

Really? Did they lie to Congress? What about their email router? This is simply another example of administrative stonewalling. They are buying time so they can scrub the email traffic - no surprise there. LOL

"The IRS told Congress last week that it could not produce all of Lerner's emails because her computer crashed in 2011."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-leader-subpoenas-irs-chief-over-missing-emails/

The IRS has now "lost" the emails of six more people involved in the scandal. 0

Sal

Sal

Are you really incapable of seeing where this is headed?

How many times do you have to be hit in the face with a dead cat before you smell it?

How long before these emails are miraculously recovered, revealing??  .....

..... nothing. 

And, you're all standing there with egg all over your faces searching the horizon for the next shiny object. 

Recognize patterns. 

lol

gatorfan

Sal wrote:Are you really incapable of seeing where this is headed?

How many times do you have to be hit in the face with a dead cat before you smell it?

How long before these emails are miraculously recovered, revealing??  .....

..... nothing. 

And, you're all standing there with egg all over your faces searching the horizon for the next shiny object. 

Recognize patterns. 

lol

Recognize patterns? Yes - you're explanation reveals - nothing. It most assuredly doesn't explain the intransigence of Lerner and the IRS. It's doubtful the not-really-missing emails will reveal anything new, we already know Lerner lied and resigned after an internal investigation revealed a pattern of "neglect of duties". Smell the dead cat yet or do you feel a federal agency should be allowed to violate the law?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/central-figure-in-irs-tea-party-controversy-resigns/2013/09/23/db0d3d28-248a-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_story.html

Sal

Sal

She's small potatoes ....

.... grant her immunity in exchange for her testimony ....

.... dare ya.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:She's small potatoes ....

.... grant her immunity in exchange for her testimony ....

.... dare ya.

That would be fine with me, her life is in the sewer now anyway. Right where she should be.......how about jumping right on that and get your immunity plan going. The sooner this is over the better.

2seaoat

"The IRS told Congress last week that it could not produce all of Lerner's emails because her computer crashed in 2011."

I am trying to turn the light on.........but it is getting very difficult. Do you understand that the IRS, the Department of Defense, and the State Department do not have jurisdiction over employee computers. Do you understand that any employee can choose any email server as the same free choice you or I have? Do you understand that a subpoena was necessary for forensic experts to physically take possession of the computer, and the committee staff did not issue those subpoena's? Do you understand that in open testimony the IRS said that it would produce emails under its control after lawyers had redacted information from the same, and they gave the time table of first quarter 2015 because there are 20k documents to review. Do you understand that camp and other congressmen want the IRS to assign more lawyers to that task, yet they have failed to subpoena and get those hard drives for forensic experts? Do you realize no official statement from the IRS has been given except the verbal representation that the IRS has not gotten ALL the emails of the six employees, and this verbal representation comes from representative camp?

Do you now understand how this is simply and utterly manipulative by the show committee to establish in the media that somehow the IRS had jurisdiction over private computers and private email servers, and that somehow they were supposed to subpoena the same? Now......the big question......why? I have turned the light on, but if you want to shut it off and claim that the IRS is losing personal emails on employee computers.......you can remain in the dark.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:"The IRS told Congress last week that it could not produce all of Lerner's emails because her computer crashed in 2011."

I am trying to turn the light on.........but it is getting very difficult.  Do you understand that the IRS, the Department of Defense, and the State Department do not have jurisdiction over employee computers.  Do you understand that any employee can choose any email server as the same free choice you or I have?  Do you understand that a subpoena was necessary for forensic experts to physically take possession of the computer, and the committee staff did not issue those subpoena's?  Do you understand that in open testimony the IRS said that it would produce emails under its control after lawyers had redacted information from the same, and they gave the time table of first quarter 2015 because there are 20k documents to review.   Do you understand that camp and other congressmen want the IRS to assign more lawyers to that task, yet they have failed to subpoena and get those hard drives for forensic experts?   Do you realize no official statement from the IRS has been given except the verbal representation that the IRS has not gotten ALL the emails of the six employees, and this verbal representation comes from representative camp?

Do you now understand how this is simply and utterly manipulative by the show committee to establish in the media that somehow the IRS had jurisdiction over private computers and private email servers, and that somehow they were supposed to subpoena the same?  Now......the big question......why?     I have turned the light on, but if you want to shut it off and claim that the IRS is losing personal emails on employee computers.......you can remain in the dark.

Actually your comprehension of the issue is rather weak. Let me help you (if that's possible) since it's apparent you fail to understand this isn't just about a personally owned computer - it's about an employee mail box containing federal data. Federal employees are required to protect data related to the employer. Perhaps that's why she resigned, she failed to follow the law.

"The IRS is apparently alleging two things: that Lerner’s personal computer crashed, rendering emails stored on her computer unrecoverable and also that there is no backup of what was on the email servers in 2011 because the backup tapes are overwritten every six months. Many IT professionals, including a former IRS employee, have called into question the IRS’s assertion that the agency has no backup of data stored on the servers for the time period in question. In fact, IRS commissioner Koskinen testified in March that IRS emails, including Lois Lerner’s, “get taken off and stored in servers.” The IRS also says it was able to recover 24,000 emails that related to Lerner, some of them from an “earlier 2011 data collection of Ms. Lerner’s email.” This would seem to confirm Commissioner Koskinen’s statement that the emails are “stored in servers” since the IRS says they were unable to recover any emails from Lerner’s hard drive.

In a letter explaining the missing emails to Congress the IRS said, “Any of Ms. Lerner’s email that was only stored on that computer’s hard drive would have been lost when the computer crashed and could not be recovered.” IT professionals are also scoffing at the notion that the data was not recoverable."
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/06/17/did-lois-lerner-violate-irs-policy-on-email-preservation/

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:The IRS also says it was able to recover 24,000 emails that related to Lerner, some of them from an “earlier 2011 data collection of Ms. Lerner’s email.” This would seem to confirm Commissioner Koskinen’s statement that the emails are “stored in servers” since the IRS says they were unable to recover any emails from Lerner’s hard drive.

This is not true.

The 24,000 emails that were recovered were recovered from other computer hard drives.

The fact remains there is no meat on these bones.

The IRS scrutinized both conservative and progressive groups (as they were tasked to do), and no conservative groups were denied tax-exempt status.

Zero, zilch, nada.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:The IRS also says it was able to recover 24,000 emails that related to Lerner, some of them from an “earlier 2011 data collection of Ms. Lerner’s email.” This would seem to confirm Commissioner Koskinen’s statement that the emails are “stored in servers” since the IRS says they were unable to recover any emails from Lerner’s hard drive.

This is not true.

The 24,000 emails that were recovered were recovered from other computer hard drives.

The IRS scrutinized both conservative and progressive groups (as they were tasked to do), and no conservative groups were denied tax-exempt status.

Zero, zilch, nada.

So the IRS is lying, again. Nothing new here.

no stress

no stress

The fact that she is withholding information under the FOI act is very damning. If I had nothing to hide, I would show them my Emails then belly laugh at their faces. She is not doing this and is in fact making up excuses to stonewall the investigation....maybe to the point of destroying criminal evidence. Very suspicious . If this were a republican doing the same thing then you guys would be on the other side of the fence saying how bad it looks, don't lie and say otherwise.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:

This is not true.

Zero, zilch, nada.
DENY DENY DENY AND MAKE COUNTER ACCUSATIONS

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum