Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember what happened when 18 minutes of tape was discovered missing during Watergate? TWO YEARS of emails from Lois Lerner "LOST".

+4
Sal
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Is it possible to make these things up? Are you trying to tell us that the GOVERNMENT...at the IRS does not have duplicate back up systems?

Remember what happened when 18 minutes of tape was discovered missing during Watergate? TWO YEARS of emails from Lois Lerner "LOST".

Dang! The IRS says Lois Lerner’s emails done got wiped out in one of them there computer crashes

Aw, shoot! The IRS was trying so hard to come up with documents requested by the House Ways and Means Committee, as part of its investigation into the abuse of power against conservative groups during the 2012 election. But wouldn’t you know it? One of those newfangled computer thingamabobs had itself a crash, and all of Tax Exempt Organizations Division director Lois Lerner’s emails done got erased!

Everything she sent to outside email addresses between January 2009 and April 2011 is lost into the ether. Everything she sent to the White House, the Justice Department, her old chums at the Federal Elections Commission, high-ranking Democrat politicians – gone! All they’ve got left is email correspondence between Lerner and other IRS employees.

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/13/dang-the-irs-says-lois-lerners-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crashes/

2seaoat

Partisan lies.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Internal Revenue Service’s tea party targeting program is still withholding approval of 19 organizations’ nonprofit status, nearly a year after the scandal was revealed, the agency’s commissioner testified Wednesday to Congress — where he faced fierce criticism from lawmakers who said he is stonewalling.

John Koskinen, the man President Obama tapped to clean up the embattled agency, also said it will take years to respond to all of the document requests from Congress. He told Congress that even complying with a subpoena for emails from just a handful of key employees couldn’t be done before the end of this year because it takes time to have attorneys delete protected taxpayer information.

SEE ALSO: House lawyer: IRS’s Lerner can be held in contempt

Republicans signaled that they are moving ahead with plans to hold former IRS employee Lois G. Lerner in contempt of Congress. They released a memo from the House counsel saying the committee made her aware that it expected her to answer questions at a hearing earlier this month, and that she endangered her legal standing by again refusing to testify.

“The American people believe the IRS is now a politicized agency, because the IRS is a politicized agency,” said Rep. Darrell E. Issa, California Republican and chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The IRS continues to face scrutiny after an internal audit by its inspector general last year found the agency had improperly singled out conservative and tea party nonprofit applications for special scrutiny and had delayed many of those applications — in some cases for three years.

Nearly a year after the targeting and delays were revealed, however, some groups are still awaiting approval.

Mr. Koskinen said of 145 cases that were part of their “priority backlog,” which meant they had been waiting for at least 120 days as of May, they have closed 126. Most were approved, including 43 that took advantage of a deal the IRS offered in which the groups could agree to keep political activity to less than 40 percent.

Three applications were formally denied, and 25 others dropped their applications or had them canceled when petitioners didn’t respond to IRS questions.

“The 19 cases still open generally fall into one of two categories: either the taxpayer has asked for and received additional time to respond to our questions, or the case is being litigated,” Mr. Koskinen said in his prepared testimony to the committee. “None of these 19 organizations opted to accept the self-certification procedure used by 43 organizations to obtain prompt approval of their applications.”

The IRS didn’t respond to questions seeking the identities of the groups involved. The agency generally argues that it isn’t allowed to share information on specific taxpayers because of privacy rules.

Indeed, those rules are part of the reason the agency says it’s taking so long to provide documents the oversight committee has been seeking.

“What they want is something that’s going to take years to produce,” Mr. Koskinen told lawmakers.

Mr. Koskinen said his agency was preparing to turn over another 20,000 pages of documents later Wednesday, but he warned that orders from Congress could derail those plans.

Just to produce all of the emails from Ms. Lerner could end up going into next year, he said.

That didn’t sit well with Republicans and some Democrats.

“We don’t want the excuses anymore. Prioritize them. Put more lawyers on the job,” said Rep. Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican who has helped spearhead the committee’s investigation into IRS targeting.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/26/irs-says-it-will-take-years-produce-tea-party-targ/#ixzz34Yo7vGdF
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle has the Republican Scandal Machine going full-tilt with this thread.....

Remember what happened when 18 minutes of tape was discovered missing during Watergate?  TWO YEARS of emails from Lois Lerner "LOST". Laughi19

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

There is no doubt they will drag their feet, but the idea that the emails have disappeared is not what he said.....he said it will take into 2015 to produce those emails........it sounds like a bs answer of having the lawyers look them over, but why all the lies by Mr. Markle.

Obama brings all the
Scandals on himself he has no ability to govern and even less of an ability to pick competent people to run things he has no clue about whatsoever.

2seaoat

There is no scandal in the IRS after the March hearings. Perhaps if there is something in documents (20k) or emails there can be some sniff of scandal, but right now they seem to be correctly following their guidelines. I look forward to a smoking gun and real scandal, because that will allow for reforms and improvements, but right now it is simple innuendo and the inability to understand the current regs and the interpretation which clearly made those organizations questionable.....conservative or liberal if they were simple smoke and mirrors for their real purpose. However, the only legitimate inquiry going on right now is the VA, and that is a good thing.

Sal

Sal

I don't like the sound of this.

I'm not finding much from credible news sources, but CBS (???) and the WSJ (???) are reporting that the emails have been reported missing and unrecoverable due to a computer crash.

This strikes me as absurd.

it certainly doesn't put any meat on the bone, but I'd like a plausible explanation, please.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Obama brings all the
Scandals on himself he has no ability to govern and even less of an ability to pick competent people to run things he has no clue about whatsoever.

This from a guy who thinks only people who own property should vote, and that we Won the war in Iraq and the war we're still fighting in Afghanistan.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Would an American president support using all the branches of the federal government to make life tougher for his political enemies?

Historically speaking, perhaps someone in this forum can name a president who didn't . . .

It's time for Americans to wake up. American governments are run by politicians.

As a people, we tend to afford trust to our leaders and fail to recognize that ours is a country founded by the rich, for the rich and of the rich.

It isn't a question of Obama's scandals vs. those of republican presidents.

The issue is integrity and honesty, which has been absent in Washington DC from the beginning.

Reality.

2seaoat

I have not found one credible news source which has the IRS stating in writing that there has been a computer crash. There has been delay which the director clearly said those emails will take into 2015 to turn over after review by lawyers, but if you read Mr. Markle's link and every other story, there is a complete absence of any statement from the IRS confirming the crash of any computer.

This is a clever propoganda technique to create a completely bogus story about a computer crash and the frustration of not getting records, when the truth is that the records were clearly stated that it would take until 2015, with the hope that legitimate new organizations will run with the story.

When somebody produces an IRS released statement that a computer has crashed, that will be newsworthy, but it is all innuendo and there is no IRS statement.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Partisan lies.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Internal Revenue Service’s tea party targeting program is still withholding approval of 19 organizations’ nonprofit status, nearly a year after the scandal was revealed, the agency’s commissioner testified Wednesday to Congress — where he faced fierce criticism from lawmakers who said he is stonewalling.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/26 /irs-says-it-will-take-years-produce-tea-party-targ/#ixzz34Yo7vGdF
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

You really need to catch up. This is JUNE 2014, NOT MARCH 2014

PLEASE show us the LIE. Come on, step up, show us where my post is not FACT. Think of how proud your comrades will be for pointing out the "truth". You know, that the two YEARS of EMAILS ARE NOT LOST.

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Obama brings all the

This from a guy who thinks only people who own property should vote, and that we Won the war in Iraq and the war we're still fighting in Afghanistan.

Asshat, unlike your generation, we won.

Nixon, 1973: 18 minute gap.
IRS, 2014: 700,000 minute gap.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Nixon, 1973: 18 minute gap.
IRS, 2014: 700,000 minute gap.

DESPERATION SETS IN!!!!

2seaoat

You really need to catch up. This is JUNE 2014, NOT MARCH 2014

PLEASE show us the LIE. Come on, step up, show us where my post is not FACT. Think of how proud your comrades will be for pointing out the "truth". You know, that the two YEARS of EMAILS ARE NOT LOST.

I have shown you the lie. The IRS has told the committee they will not have the records requested until early 2015. I saw the testimony and there was no testimony, written document from the IRS, or any representative of the IRS who has stated in a public statement that a computer has crashed. You have not shown one scintilla of proof of the same. So knock yourself out. This should be and easy copy and paste from an IRS spokesperson that they have lost the emails because of a computer crash. I will remain vigilant to stop the onslaught of lies and you sir have not told the truth, but you really have an opportunity to prove me wrong.....show us the press release where the IRS says the emails are lost.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You really need to catch up. This is JUNE 2014, NOT MARCH 2014

I have shown you the lie.  The IRS has told the committee they will not have the records requested until early 2015.  I saw the testimony and there was no testimony, written document from the IRS, or any representative of the IRS who has stated in a public statement that a computer has crashed.  You have not shown one scintilla of proof of the same.  So knock yourself out.  This should be and easy copy and paste from an IRS spokesperson that they have lost the emails because of a computer crash.   I will remain vigilant to stop the onslaught of lies and you sir have not told the truth, but you really have an opportunity to prove me wrong.....show us the press release where the IRS says the emails are lost.

You have shown an article from THREE MONTHS before this "LOSS" was announced.  I gave you a source and link.

Here's another:

IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from embattled former official Lois Lerner as tea party targeting scandal heats up again

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor
Published: 17:50 EST, 13 June 2014  | Updated: 18:36 EST, 13 June 2014

More than a year after receiving a subpoena, the IRS says there's a 28-month period where Lerner's emails to and from people outside the IRS no longer exist

The agency blames a computer crash for the loss

Lois Lerner, formerly the director of the IRS subagency that awards tax exemptions to nonprofit groups, is accused of playing political favorites
She allegedly led a conspiracy to cripple conservative groups by slow-walking or denying their applications for tax-exempt status, which is crucial for fundraising

Conservatives hit the roof on Friday, with one group drawing a comparison with the famous 18 minutes of missing audio on Watergate-era tapes of Richard Nixon's daily Oval Office meetings.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657545/IRS-claims-LOST-two-years-worth-email-embattled-former-official-Lois-Lerner-tea-party-targeting-scandal-heats-again.html#ixzz34ZhJY8wb

And another:
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=384506

More?

2seaoat

the IRS says there's a 28-month period where Lerner's emails to and from people outside the IRS no longer exist

By golly you must think we are idiots......where did the IRS issue this statement.........saying they said the same without a spokesman, a statement, or any official document, is just more of the propaganda......this is like Chrissy talking about mosquitoes and then telling me she took science courses. PLEASE GIVE A CURSORY SOURCE WITH DIRECT QUOTATIONS AND IRS DOCUMENTS......otherwise as an Egyptian friend who is a physician and a very good poker player says......stop the chit.

2seaoat

The IRS promised on May 8 to turn over all her emails but now blames a computer crash for huge tranches of missing documents.

This is an outright lie from the official IRS statement that they would deliver those emails no sooner than early 2015, so please show a statement from the IRS which modified their prior statement to congress. Repeating a lie does not make it the truth, and stories repeated with no basis does not make it the truth.

I bet given the access... anyone on this forum could put her emails on a thumb drive in an hour or two at the most.

Pushing the compliance past the election is just a political ploy. If they were "lost"... that was a desperate move.

2seaoat

I bet given the access... anyone on this forum could put her emails on a thumb drive in an hour or two at the most.

Pushing the compliance past the election is just a political ploy. If they were "lost"... that was a desperate move.

Agreed. Finally a cogent statement. The testimony was not getting the email, but was having lawyers redact confidential information, and the debate internally which goes with that territory. I tend to agree that this is a delay for next year which takes this bogus issue out of the November election. If as I suspect that the IRS did everything according to guidelines, this would seem like a denial if released prior to the election, and after the election it will make very little difference and will disappear because there is no substance to the entire investigation......so yes.....you are correct.

The Internal Revenue Service said Friday it has lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy, sparking outrage from congressional investigators who have been probing the agency for more than a year.

The IRS told Congress Friday it cannot locate many of Lois Lerner's emails prior to 2011 because her computer crashed during the summer of that year.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/irs-lost-emails-official-tea-party-probe-24131548

Its getting impossible to keep up with these outrageous scandals.

We need to impeach these crooks

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

...We need to impeach these crooks....

We should have impeached these crooks when we had the chance:

Remember what happened when 18 minutes of tape was discovered missing during Watergate?  TWO YEARS of emails from Lois Lerner "LOST". _2465310

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum