Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Koppel: Fox News 'Bad for America'

+6
Markle
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Floridatexan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:boo hoo do away with fox news. We hate dissent against our savior... boo hoo

damn this freedom of speech shit, screw the 1st amendment and the second and the 4th etc etc oh shit we hate the entire constitution.. No one really needs rights, all they need is baby faced booty fucker Obama. What a dream.  Very Happy 

I have to side with Ted Koppel here in that most of F news viewers watch during their more opinion type programs, not during what they call 'hard news'. Complaints about the distortions presented as news on Fox have nothing to do with being against free speech, it has more to do with complaints about journalists being responsible for bringing facts to the attention of the public.

That being said we have a long history of a yellow press and propaganda being pushed at the public through newspapers etc. in order for the government or the powers that be to form public opinion to their liking. Remember the Maine etc. Jacking us into another war. This is nothing new it is just disheartening in this day of instant information that so many people fall for it.

As Koppel said, it is a business.

well we didn't expect you to side with fox, after all, both of your shoes are LEFT.

Fox is just another news channel, people have to look at it. And apparently they weren't looking at it too hard or we wouldn't have elected that sorry assed son of a bitchin thug anti American devil for a president twice. right?

so whatcha worried about......

Wrong again. The reason Obama got elected and re-elected is that young people, women, single-mothers, Hispanics and African-Americans don't watch FOX News. The FOX News watcher represents as much of America as old white men and some of their ladies. It doesn't really matter how riled up they are, their numbers determine the outcome.

Offer them a reason to see it your way ...and get back-stabbed by a T-party oldster!

Reality.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:boo hoo do away with fox news. We hate dissent against our savior... boo hoo

damn this freedom of speech shit, screw the 1st amendment and the second and the 4th etc etc oh shit we hate the entire constitution.. No one really needs rights, all they need is baby faced booty fucker Obama. What a dream.  Very Happy 

I have to side with Ted Koppel here in that most of F news viewers watch during their more opinion type programs, not during what they call 'hard news'. Complaints about the distortions presented as news on Fox have nothing to do with being against free speech, it has more to do with complaints about journalists being responsible for bringing facts to the attention of the public.

That being said we have a long history of a yellow press and propaganda being pushed at the public through newspapers etc. in order for the government or the powers that be to form public opinion to their liking. Remember the Maine etc. Jacking us into another war. This is nothing new it is just disheartening in this day of instant information that so many people fall for it.

As Koppel said, it is a business.

well we didn't expect you to side with fox, after all, both of your shoes are LEFT.

Fox is just another news channel, people have to look at it. And apparently they weren't looking at it too hard or we wouldn't have elected that sorry assed son of a bitchin thug anti American devil for a president twice. right?

so whatcha worried about......

Wrong again.  The reason Obama got elected and re-elected is that young people, women, single-mothers, Hispanics and African-Americans don't watch FOX News.  The FOX News watcher represents as much of America as old white men and some of their ladies.  It doesn't really matter how riled up they are, their numbers determine the outcome.

Offer them a reason to see it your way ...and get back-stabbed by a T-party oldster!

Reality.

And many of those people don't watch any news stations.... Reality!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

why don't you let thinking people think for themselves then.

we get people posting from soros web sites in here almost daily. and huff n puff, kos etc... most here try to not use fox links because we know the whine will start and the content will be ignored, like you all usually do. You whine about something like this which is stupid, and then anything about content is over looked.

People are free to think for themselves, none of us have any control over that, obviously so your comment makes no sense really does it?

This is not a stupid discussion because it comes back to how people form their opinions on the content that is presented.

Thankfully not enough people bought into the F news version of reality and we did elect President Obama Twice in spite of him being in the minds of many fox viewers, a communist from Kenya, LOL!

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' - Page 2 4243842c8bb8dfc0395a6807ea642149

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The First Amendment does not convey the right to lie with impunity, (insert derisive slur here). Stupid is as stupid does.

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:But if you discount and disbelieve something just because it comes from fox... isn't that just the other side of the same coin?

Uninformed hypocrites won't understand your comment. Fox is no different than most other news outlets, they have "news" but they also have what I would consider an "entertainment" side. "News" is "News", if Fox reports on a shooting it likely will mirror what plays on MSNBC. The differences become apparent on their "entertainment" segments where partisan opinion takes over. Just like MSNBC.

I don't watch any of them. All the talking heads sound alike to me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Fox News Lies, Part 1:

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Part 2:

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' - Page 2 TVNewsWhodoyouTrust_zpsc46e97fb

Please note, 2014.

From Markle's link...

Another interesting note from the study: “The survey also found that there is no media source that has a political role on the center or left that is comparable to Fox’s on the right.

I agree with this. There is no other news source that is even remotely comparable in terms of partisanship and BS than Fox News. Thanks for the link, Markle.

gatorfan

I agree with this.  There is no other news source that is even remotely comparable in terms of partisanship and BS than Fox News.  Thanks for the link, Markle.[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this hunt because I don't watch any network news but to be honest about it:

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' - Page 2 1351869705165.png.CROP.original-original

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gatorfan wrote:I agree with this.  There is no other news source that is even remotely comparable in terms of partisanship and BS than Fox News.  Thanks for the link, Markle.

I don't have a dog in this hunt because I don't watch any network news but to be honest about it:

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' - Page 2 1351869705165.png.CROP.original-original[/quote]

This chart beautifully illustrates one of the comments made by Koppel in his interview with O'Riely namely that partisan reporting is a detriment to a functioning democracy. It has the tendency to turn the opposition into a cartoon character.

gatorfan

othershoe1030 wrote:
gatorfan wrote:I agree with this.  There is no other news source that is even remotely comparable in terms of partisanship and BS than Fox News.  Thanks for the link, Markle.

This chart beautifully illustrates one of the comments made by Koppel in his interview with O'Riely namely that partisan reporting is a detriment to a functioning democracy. It has the tendency to turn the opposition into a cartoon character. [/quote]

Since it works both ways one has to wonder why "news" outlets engage in hyperpartisan rhetoric to advance an agenda, well except to make money..........another reason I don't watch those farcical shows.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum