Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOX News: Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany

+6
NaNook
Nekochan
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
Margin Call
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany 1360282556772.jpg.CROP.article568-large

seems some of those fact just don't add up huh

Margin Call

Margin Call

Boards, you have failed to remember that Chuck Norris said there would be 1,000 Years of Darkness if Obama was re-elected....the Fox News story checks out.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When Solar 'Crossover' Hits the World Will Quake

Solar Crossover is the point where electricity from solar is cheaper than generating power using fossil fuels. According to the article (click on the title for the embedded link), Crossover comes in either 2015 or 2016, depending upon the cost of fossil fuels then.

Why do you think Walmart, FEDEX, IKEA, CostCo, and many other companies with lots of flat roof space on their infrastructure are going balls-to-the-walls to install solar roofs on their facilities? It is not so much because they are thinking 'green' to help the environment'. Rather, they are thinging 'green' as in saving moolah!

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Walmar10
Walmart

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Fedex10
Fedex

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Ikea-r10
Ikea

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Costco10
Costco

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Germany is far ahead of us in solar/wind usage. But I'm happy to report that my BIL is currently doing a solar installation in Arizona. Great reporting by FOX; their ratings are in the toilet.

Nekochan

Nekochan

That woman was a guest on the show, not a Fox News person. How about you post about it every time a guest on CNN, MSNBC, etc says something stupid?

NaNook

NaNook

Closed minds endorse an expensive technology. Solar? Wind?...for what? How much passive energy is generated by solar or wind? People prostate themselves on the altar of renewable energy. For what?

What if the Sun doesn't shine or the wind doesn't blow? What then? Are you going to protest the lack of wind or sunshine?

What energy source is certain? It always has been and will always be .....

...a hint....Tides. The energy to control the tides is beyond human understanding. There are companies working on the generation of tidal action electricity. No sun or wind needed.....go figure.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

NaNook wrote:Closed minds endorse an expensive technology. Solar? Wind?...for what? How much passive energy is generated by solar or wind? People prostate themselves on the altar of renewable energy. For what?

What if the Sun doesn't shine or the wind doesn't blow? What then? Are you going to protest the lack of wind or sunshine?

What energy source is certain? It always has been and will always be .....

...a hint....Tides. The energy to control the tides is beyond human understanding. There are companies working on the generation of tidal action electricity. No sun or wind needed.....go figure.

I happen to be a drill-baby-drill person. The enormous oil and gas deposits in North American tight shale formations is changing my thinking a bit about Peak Oil. The peak for conventional oil and gas is still knocking, but oil from tight-shale gives us breathing room.

The key is that we won't need to make war for oil in the Middle East if technology is unlocking new oil deposits here that previously could not be developed.

Developing renewable energy is key to make the oil and gas last longer, however. Solar is where it will be. Read the article I posted above and you will see. Google "Absolute Black" solar. A New York company holds the technology that will drastically improve current solar panels. There have been other breakthroughs that are going to move solar to the top of the renewable list. Some of this new technology even works on cloudy days. We are on the threshold of seeing grid-level storage for renewably-generated electricity. The energy landscape will be much different in the 2035-2050 era.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When Solar 'Crossover' Hits the World Will Quake

Solar Crossover is the point where electricity from solar is cheaper than generating power using fossil fuels. According to the article (click on the title for the embedded link), Crossover comes in either 2015 or 2016, depending upon the cost of fossil fuels then.

Why do you think Walmart, FEDEX, IKEA, CostCo, and many other companies with lots of flat roof space on their infrastructure are going balls-to-the-walls to install solar roofs on their facilities? It is not so much because they are thinking 'green' to help the environment'. Rather, they are thinging 'green' as in saving moolah!

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

Or is it because of all the free cash the government gave them to install solar panels and/or windmills?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

That's it...you nailed it.

Wallyworld has never been a company to see the future and plan for it accordingly.

Same with IKEA.

Slackers.

W_T_M wrote:That's it...you nailed it.

Wallyworld has never been a company to see the future and plan for it accordingly.

Same with IKEA.

Slackers.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSVYSpMjjSgcicoeiDLuONvtIOW1SakLAhKtWOxUPEMDPDsDpp

Then why didn't they do the project without government funds or are you saying they're to poor to afford to do it themselves?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Same with IKEA.

Slackers.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSVYSpMjjSgcicoeiDLuONvtIOW1SakLAhKtWOxUPEMDPDsDpp

Then why didn't they do the project without government funds or are you saying they're to poor to afford to do it themselves?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

It's too moron.

And your question is too stupid to bother answering.

Think for yourself and the answer will come to even you.

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Same with IKEA.

Slackers.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Thats a good question. Those places are very wealthy, why should the tax payers give them anything to help with that. It gives them a lower utility bill NOW, and takes cash out of our pockets NOW and all for supposedly to save the planet LATER.

Surprised people arnt screaming corporate welfare.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:That woman was a guest on the show, not a Fox News person. How about you post about it every time a guest on CNN, MSNBC, etc says something stupid?

The woman works for Fox. They introduce her as such.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I got this information last week. Looks interesting.

Double bonus: the wingers can scoff at liberals/conservationists who are willing to pay higher utility bills and liberals can feel as if they are contributing to the move to cleaner energy. Everybody wins!

http://www.pear-energy.com/wind-energy.aspx

2seaoat

Observations while traveling through Kansas and OK.....all I see are new oil installations. The roads are full of drilling rigs, pipe extenders, and views of new oil drillings working 24 hours a day with lighted rigs. I saw mile after mile of new oil pads being prepared for drilling and unbelievable oil drilling. The simple fact is that oil technology is now able to extract almost equal amounts of oil from old fields, and the new oil pumps are amazing as they dot southern Kansas and OK. As those oil rigs bring more oil to the market our dependency on foreign oil which caused a 750 billion trade deficit will be eliminated. The dollar will begin to stabalize, and although we have been following an artificial currency devaluing.......as everybody is attempting the same.....we actually will be expanding our exports even though our dollar is strengthing.

Wind is just exploding over Kansas and OK. I saw new high power towers being installed all over the midwest. I saw huge wind towers everywhere along these new power line installations. I spoke with a friend who has been buying stocks in wind technology, and he is very happy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Nekochan wrote:That woman was a guest on the show, not a Fox News person. How about you post about it every time a guest on CNN, MSNBC, etc says something stupid?

According to the clip this woman is employed by Fox Business Network. Not only does she tell us that Germany is a sunnier country than the U.S. but mentions that one of the benefits of "Nat gas" is that it is lower in CO2 emissions. That would appear to be an admission that there is a problem with CO2.

Maybe Fox is trying to compete with the Comedy Channel because segments like this are really a very sad joke.

othershoe1030 wrote:

According to the clip this woman is employed by Fox Business Network. Not only does she tell us that Germany is a sunnier country than the U.S. but mentions that one of the benefits of "Nat gas" is that it is lower in CO2 emissions. That would appear to be an admission that there is a problem with CO2.

Maybe Fox is trying to compete with the Comedy Channel because segments like this are really a very sad joke.

The comedy channel pretty much tells the truth tho.. It's sad that our political system can be such a joke.. The gal on faux was their "Expert" analyst..

2seaoat

It is not a joke. It is special interests buying politics and media exposure. The sad reality is the pony express lost its relevance in America, but it surely did not have a media outlet which they could pay to convince America that those silly newfangled telegraph lines were killing birds and that telegraphs were unreliable and bad for America. They did not have a blonde with a very short dress who is a news reader who has low comprehension skills reading a script which tells America that the Pony Express is the future of America.

No America is about to boom. Despite those who are uncomfortable about our new demographics or our new emphasis on solar and wind. The babyboomers sadly are controlling the conversation right now......we are old, mostly white, and depressed that we are losing our domination. As our youth slips away we grasp for the past Mayberry which probably never existed, and we take this grim look of the future. The future is bright. I am seeing America up close, and we are succeeding.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Kansas sits over the Excello-Murky shale formation. Kansas also has significant coalbed methane resources.

I suspect some of those wind turbines might be used to crack hydrogen from water, which will then be used to make ammonia for midwest farmers.

W_T_M wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Same with IKEA.

Slackers.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

It's too moron.

And your question is too stupid to bother answering.

Think for yourself and the answer will come to even you.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

I see... So the Occupy Movement, that you so adamantly support, also supports large corporations taking advantage of the taxpayer by having the government funding them on improvements to their facilities that they should be able to afford themselves so they can become richer and wealthier.

That makes perfect sense too me.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Rolling Eyes

2seaoat wrote:It is not a joke. It is special interests buying politics and media exposure. The sad reality is the pony express lost its relevance in America, but it surely did not have a media outlet which they could pay to convince America that those silly newfangled telegraph lines were killing birds and that telegraphs were unreliable and bad for America. They did not have a blonde with a very short dress who is a news reader who has low comprehension skills reading a script which tells America that the Pony Express is the future of America.

No America is about to boom. Despite those who are uncomfortable about our new demographics or our new emphasis on solar and wind. The babyboomers sadly are controlling the conversation right now......we are old, mostly white, and depressed that we are losing our domination. As our youth slips away we grasp for the past Mayberry which probably never existed, and we take this grim look of the future. The future is bright. I am seeing America up close, and we are succeeding.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Inserting insinuations of racism to add veracity to an weak analogy of how technology may go in the future only weakens your argument.

The price of food and other products continues to outpace the incomes of the low wage earner by leaps and bounds, while more people give up looking for jobs or have to take jobs that pay significantly less, so where is this bright shiny future for them?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Firstly, yes the woman is employed as a talking head on the Fox Business Channel.

Secondly, I couldn't even read the text on that "solar resource" map you posted, bds. So I tried to find it on the web and hell I did but I still can't read it...

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/library/chart-graph/photovoltaic-solar-resource-united-states-spain-germany

But I think what I'm seeing is an indication that the U.S. has far more sunlight than Germany. So that one statement the woman made is horseshit.

The problem is not solar energy. The problem is that a community organizer and a bunch of political hacks he has surrounding him have no idea how to effectively apply public funds to anything including development of energy technology. Because they've thrown so much public money (and you can't even say "taxpayer money" because the goddamn money is just borrowed money) down special interest ratholes as political paybacks, that has now turned solar energy into a dirty word in the minds of so many in the public. And of course since solar energy is now synonymous with Obama, Fox News is on it's bandwagon to further demonize solar energy. And because of all that it will probably set us back 50 years on being able to make use of this resource.
It's just another example of how the politics of this country is fucking up everything for us.

2seaoat

it will probably set us back 50 years on being able to make use of this resource

Bob,

I really disagree. Government with the use of tax credits can reward investors which choose technology which helps to lower our dependency on foreign oil. We have always had very generous tax credits in coal, oil, and gas exploration. We have had accelerated depreciation in those same areas. When the decision was made on wind production, it is a great combination with those areas which created PEAKER natural gas facilities. The thought was that if wind was not developed, then the PEAKERS were going to drive the price of NG off the charts. So generous tax credits were given and utilities loved the wind production. It is a huge success across America, even though the cost of NG has fallen because of fracking and the amazing revitalization of existing oil and gas production.
As I traveled this last week, America is booming with energy production investments and tax credits are a critical component of that success.

2seaoat wrote: it will probably set us back 50 years on being able to make use of this resource

Bob,

I really disagree. Government with the use of tax credits can reward investors which choose technology which helps to lower our dependency on foreign oil. We have always had very generous tax credits in coal, oil, and gas exploration. We have had accelerated depreciation in those same areas. When the decision was made on wind production, it is a great combination with those areas which created PEAKER natural gas facilities. The thought was that if wind was not developed, then the PEAKERS were going to drive the price of NG off the charts. So generous tax credits were given and utilities loved the wind production. It is a huge success across America, even though the cost of NG has fallen because of fracking and the amazing revitalization of existing oil and gas production.
As I traveled this last week, America is booming with energy production investments and tax credits are a critical component of that success.

FOX News:  Solar Won't Work in America Because It's Not Sunny Like Germany Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnxcEoAWZbVzwqFctPcT9UVKd8t3kBkVvjRfTcvN77pEz1ebFlGw

Since you brought it up... Please give us a comparison of these generous subsidies for oil/coal vs solar energy and the ergs of energy each produces for those subsidies.

You can do the same for oil/coal vs wind, bio-fuels, nuclear, and another clean energy source and let the viewers see how well their tax dollars are being used and which clean energy sources are most likely the best to invest in.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum