Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Koppel: Fox News 'Bad for America'

+6
Markle
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Floridatexan
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Please watch to the very end...especially you, BOB.

The Mad Magazine cover boy's opinion means nothing. You liberals have every media outlet under wraps except FOX and you whine about that.

If the Fairness Doctrine were ever implemented you Liberals would blow a gasket on how many areas of the news you would lose.

POLITICS More: Media Fox News Channel NPR Survey
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

MICHAEL B. KELLEY

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.

Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.

On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs.

Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

It must be very upsetting to leftists that dissent is allowed... even if it's on one little cable station dwarfed by the networks.

The sooner everyone is forced to have the same opinion... the sooner the world becomes utopia.

2seaoat

Pepple should have the freedom to watch anything they want, but when somebody calls something news and distorts the same, it is not a question of forcing shared opinions, it is simply understanding that truth does exist, that facts exist, and that math and science can be discerned as truth without distortion.

Show me a gathering of old stuck-in the mud codgers, and I'll show you a TV set to Fox News. LOL

That "tiny" little cable station plays on every TV in every fast food outlet, every waiting room, and in every home of a less information is safer for my ideology consumer.

They win, we lose.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

BRDNH2O wrote:Show me a gathering of old stuck-in the mud codgers, and I'll show you a TV set to Fox News.  LOL

That "tiny" little cable station plays on every TV in every fast food outlet, every waiting room, and in every home of a less information is safer for my ideology consumer.

They win, we lose.

Really? I see you have the "us against them" mentality. Interesting.

boards of FL

boards of FL

BRDNH2O wrote:They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all.

That high? I'm impressed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

Please watch to the very end...especially you, BOB.

I did. I love to watch Fox News and MSNBC. It's some of the best entertainment on TV.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

BRDNH2O wrote:Show me a gathering of old stuck-in the mud codgers, and I'll show you a TV set to Fox News.  LOL

They win, we lose.

Not to mention the cable and satellite packages that don't even let you opt out of FOX.

Joanimaroni wrote:

They win, we lose.

Really?   I see you have the "us against them" mentality. Interesting.

Don't you?

When Fox wins, the American public lose.

Markle

Markle

BRDNH2O wrote:
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

MICHAEL B. KELLEY

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.

Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.

On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs.

Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' TVNewsWhodoyouTrust_zpsc46e97fb

Please note, 2014.

Markle

Markle

They win, we lose.

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' Socratestoo

Hey Wordslinger, working undercover?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:

They win, we lose.

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' Socratestoo

Hey Wordslinger, working undercover?

Nope, guess again.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

businessinsider.au...Australia, original home of Rupert Murdoch. Why pick an Australian poll, Markle? Don't bother to answer. Anyone who is paying attention knows you always play to the party line, with no regard for the truth.

boo hoo do away with fox news. We hate dissent against our savior... boo hoo

damn this freedom of speech shit, screw the 1st amendment and the second and the 4th etc etc oh shit we hate the entire constitution.. No one really needs rights, all they need is baby faced booty fucker Obama. What a dream.  Very Happy 

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
BRDNH2O wrote:

MICHAEL B. KELLEY

Ted Koppel:  Fox News  'Bad for America' TVNewsWhodoyouTrust_zpsc46e97fb

Please note, 2014.
Oh Good Grief! You have GOT to be totally kidding here!!!? Just because Fox is shown to be the most trusted HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER THEY ARE ACCURATE OR NOT!

Most of the devoted Fox viewers have come to depend on hearing the stories that make them feel vindicated in their beliefs. It is irrelevant to them whether or not these stories correspond to what the rest of the world knows as reality.

But if you discount and disbelieve something just because it comes from fox... isn't that just the other side of the same coin?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My TV came with a remote...or as the older people say....a clicker.

They are easy to use.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:boo hoo do away with fox news. We hate dissent against our savior... boo hoo

damn this freedom of speech shit, screw the 1st amendment and the second and the 4th etc etc oh shit we hate the entire constitution.. No one really needs rights, all they need is baby faced booty fucker Obama. What a dream.  Very Happy 

I have to side with Ted Koppel here in that most of F news viewers watch during their more opinion type programs, not during what they call 'hard news'. Complaints about the distortions presented as news on Fox have nothing to do with being against free speech, it has more to do with complaints about journalists being responsible for bringing facts to the attention of the public.

That being said we have a long history of a yellow press and propaganda being pushed at the public through newspapers etc. in order for the government or the powers that be to form public opinion to their liking. Remember the Maine etc. Jacking us into another war. This is nothing new it is just disheartening in this day of instant information that so many people fall for it.

As Koppel said, it is a business.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:boo hoo do away with fox news. We hate dissent against our savior... boo hoo

I have to side with Ted Koppel here in that most of F news viewers watch during their more opinion type programs, not during what they call 'hard news'. Complaints about the distortions presented as news on Fox have nothing to do with being against free speech, it has more to do with complaints about journalists being responsible for bringing facts to the attention of the public.

That being said we have a long history of a yellow press and propaganda being pushed at the public through newspapers etc. in order for the government or the powers that be to form public opinion to their liking. Remember the Maine etc. Jacking us into another war. This is nothing new it is just disheartening in this day of instant information that so many people fall for it.

As Koppel said, it is a business.

well we didn't expect you to side with fox, after all, both of your shoes are LEFT.

Fox is just another news channel, people have to look at it. And apparently they weren't looking at it too hard or we wouldn't have elected that sorry assed son of a bitchin thug anti American devil for a president twice. right?

so whatcha worried about......

no stress

no stress

othershoe1030 wrote:

I have to side with Ted Koppel here

Of course you do

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:But if you discount and disbelieve something just because it comes from fox... isn't that just the other side of the same coin?
Good point. Here's the thing though, it is important to know where the information you are consuming is coming from.

For example how should a person interpret a study that claims milk and cheese are good for you when it is paid for by the Dairy Association? It doesn't automatically make the information invalid, it is just cause to question and do a bit of research to verify it.

This is why (I suppose) that Markle LOVES to enlarge letters and make them red when he sees a story cited from a source he considers to be communist in origin. He attempts to discount any and all such postings because he doesn't like the source even though the data might be 100% accurate. No, it is not okay to automatically discount information because of where it comes from only that it might need to be questioned, which is what thinking people usually do.

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:But if you discount and disbelieve something just because it comes from fox... isn't that just the other side of the same coin?
Good point. Here's the thing though, it is important to know where the information you are consuming is coming from.

For example how should a person interpret a study that claims milk and cheese are good for you when it is paid for by the Dairy Association? It doesn't automatically make the information invalid, it is just cause to question and do a bit of research to verify it.

This is why (I suppose) that Markle LOVES to enlarge letters and make them red when he sees a story cited from a source he considers to be communist in origin. He attempts to discount any and all such postings because he doesn't like the source even though the data might be 100% accurate. No, it is not okay to automatically discount information because of where it comes from only that it might need to be questioned, which is what thinking people usually do.

why don't you let thinking people think for themselves then.

we get people posting from soros web sites in here almost daily. and huff n puff, kos etc... most here try to not use fox links because we know the whine will start and the content will be ignored, like you all usually do. You whine about something like this which is stupid, and then anything about content is over looked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum