Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America Turns to Fox News News During Navy Yard Shooting

+2
boards of FL
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

For every day news and major news events, America Turns to Fox News.

Ratings: America Turns to Fox News During Navy Yard Shooting

After years of shrill bias and embarrassing bungles, CNN long ago lost its crown as the Most Trusted Name in News, especially during major national events. Monday, during and after the horrific mass-shooting at the Navy Yard, America once again proved that true. Fox News trounced its competition in both total viewers and 25-54 demo viewers:

Total Viewers during primetime:

FNC: 1.541 | MSNBC: 673 | CNN: 852 | HLN: 297

Demo viewers during primetime:

FNC: 324 | MSNBC: 190 | CNN: 288 | HLN: 133

During the total day, the results were virtually identical:

Total viewers:

Total day: FNC: 1.601 | MSNBC: 541 | CNN: 922 | HLN: 321

Demo viewers:

FNC: 334 | MSNBC: 150 | CNN: 303 | HLN: 129

It is also worth mentioning that while CNN, CBS, and NBC have taken varying amounts of criticism for factual errors during their respective coverage, Fox News has received none.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/09/18/Ratings-fox-news-dominates-night-of-shooting

That's because the rest of MSM are shills for Obama.

boards of FL

boards of FL

More correctly stated, this thread title should read "Americans who get their news from watching TV turn to Fox news."

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/News

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

So now you're shilling for Faux News as well...an arm of the GOP? Should be called Faux News & Propaganda.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree with markle. Excellence is always determined by the size of the audience.
People are buying a hundred thousand times more Justin Bieber records than are buying Mozart records.
This proves that Justin Bieber is a hundred thousand times more talented than Mozart.

boards of FL wrote:More correctly stated, this thread title should read "Americans who get their news from watching TV turn to Fox news."

Plenty of the low education folks must be tuning in now.

Floridatexan wrote:
So now you're shilling for Faux News as well...an arm of the GOP?  Should be called Faux News & Propaganda.  

And you lefties own every other news channel out there and people still think you are FOS.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
So now you're shilling for Faux News as well...an arm of the GOP?  Should be called Faux News & Propaganda.  
And you lefties own every other news channel out there and people still think you are FOS.
America Turns to Fox News News During Navy Yard Shooting Th?id=H.4517950265754394&w=234&h=181&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile 

boards of FL wrote:More correctly stated, this thread title should read "Americans who get their news from watching TV turn to Fox news."

There are an amazing amount of young people who never even watch the network news shows and who get 100% of their news from the internet. I have to say that all of my adult children do. I doubt they ever turn on CNN or Fox, and as a matter of fact, a couple of them don't even have cable TV. They use something called a ROKU box or they download  shows and get their entertainment that way. They also tend to watch Jon Stewart and get some of their news from him. The rest comes from internet headlines.
Fox and CNN are both news for old farts.
The times they are a changin'.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You're the one who is FOS if you think the media is "lefty". It's all corporate; including MSNBC. Even PBS has corporate sponsors. I think that's a convenient way of saying that you have to have your FOX FIX. I personally cannot stand to watch FOX.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
You missed something...SHOCKING!

It is also worth mentioning that while CNN, CBS, and NBC have taken varying amounts of criticism for factual errors during their respective coverage, Fox News has received none.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You're the one who is FOS if you think the media is "lefty".  It's all corporate; including MSNBC.  Even PBS has corporate sponsors.  I think that's a convenient way of saying that you have to have your FOX FIX.  I personally cannot stand to watch FOX.
That pretty much goes without saying. We know how you get your panties in a twist and start ranting when faced with the FACTS and TRUTH.

Thanks for more confirmation.

Markle

Markle

bluemoon wrote:

There are an amazing amount of young people who never even watch the network news shows and who get 100% of their news from the internet. I have to say that all of my adult children do. I doubt they ever turn on CNN or Fox, and as a matter of fact, a couple of them don't even have cable TV. They use something called a ROKU box or they download  shows and get their entertainment that way. They also tend to watch Jon Stewart and get some of their news from him. The rest comes from internet headlines.
Fox and CNN are both news for old farts.
The times they are a changin'.
No one is shocked that your kids would get their news from the Comedy Channel. An apple etc..

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You're the one who is FOS if you think the media is "lefty".  It's all corporate; including MSNBC.  Even PBS has corporate sponsors.  I think that's a convenient way of saying that you have to have your FOX FIX.  I personally cannot stand to watch FOX.

Corporate my ASS. It's left wing dominated except FOX and you guys BITCH and complain that the conservatives dominate everything when
CBS
NBC
ABC
CNN
and PBS is left dominated and you still cannot manage to brainwash enough people to your cause.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Corporate my ASS. It's left wing dominated except FOX and you guys BITCH and complain that the conservatives dominate everything when
CBS
NBC
ABC
CNN
and PBS is left dominated and you still cannot manage to brainwash enough people to your cause.

Yes, PACEDOG, everything in the world is left dominated. You, being a smart guy, are one of the few who recognize Fox News as the only real news source with any credibility. You, along with the rest of the demographic who gets their news by watching television, are the only voters who are actually informed. Everyone else in the world is brainwashed. Cough bs cough.

polecat

polecat

Well there you go, the Libatards must have been at work and not sitting in there singlewide eating ''HOT POCKETS"

polecat

polecat

And speaking of turning to fox news...

BENGOSZZI!!! BENGOSZZI!!! BENGOSZZI!!!
spelled that way so the teabaggers will know what we are talking about

The House Foreign Affairs Committe had hearings this week on

I cant seem to find much information about it over at fox.com
I wonder why...

polecat

polecat

Watch: The Benghazi Testimony The Conservative Media Will Not Dare Show You

Blog››› September 18, 2013 4:01 PM EDT ››› ARI RABIN-HAVT

?

Florida Representative Alan Grayson used his opportunity at today's House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Benghazi to dismantle many of the myths spread by the conservative media.

Here are just some of the myths his line of questioning debunked:

Conservative media figures have claimed Ambassador Chris Stevens only went to Benghazi under orders from then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Jeff Kuhner of the Washington Times went so far as to say Clinton "sent him on a suicide mission. Mrs. Clinton has American blood on her hands."

Grayson's questioning of Patrick Kennedy, Under Secretary of State for Management, debunked this myth:

GRAYSON: Who decided that Ambassador Stevens go to Benghazi on September 11, 2012?

KENNEDY: It was the Ambassador's decision, sir.

GRAYSON: Now was Secretary Clinton responsible in any way for reviewing and approving the in-country movements of U.S. ambassadors, either Ambassador Stevens or anyone else?

KENNEDY: No, sir.

Additionally Grayson elicited testimony from Kennedy calling into question conservative myths about security at the Benghazi compound:

GRAYSON: Did the Ambassador, when he went to Benghazi, have a normal security detail in accordance with the State Department procedures and rules at that time?

KENNEDY: Yes, sir. He had two diplomatic security special agents who accompanied him from Tripoli to Benghazi.

[...]

GRAYSON: Was there any money that was appropriated for the purpose of improving that post that was unspent at that time?

KENNEDY: No sir, we were -- there was no specific money appropriated for Benghazi. We were simply taking money from other locations. But all the requests that they put forward as I mentions save one -- which is the guard towers which were determined to be unnecessary and potentially too attention getting, we -- all their requests were fulfilled.

Furthermore Grayson's questioning of Kennedy also debunked the conservative mythology that President Obama and then-Secretary of State Clinton were derelict in their duties the night of the attack. For instance, Fox's Monica Crowley has claimed that "the two leaders of the U.S. Government" were "unaccounted for that night. We have no narrative of where they were or what they were doing."

Today's testimony should put an end to that claim:

GRAYSON: Did the White House ever ignore any reports regarding this attack?

KENNEDY: No, sir, not that I'm aware of.

GRAYSON: Did Secretary Clinton ever ignore any reports regarding this attack?

KENNEDY: No, sir, I personally spoke to Secretary Clinton that evening and Secretary Clinton was being constantly briefed by our operation center all evening.

No doubt this part of Patrick Kennedy's testimony will never see the light of day on Fox or in the conservative media.

polecat

polecat

Watch Conservative Media's Favorite Benghazi Myth Fall Apart

Mullen And Pickering Destroy Notion Obama Withheld Military Assistance

Retired Admiral Mike Mullen and former Ambassador Thomas Pickering today debunked the conservative media myth that the Obama administration failed to deploy adequate military resources to Benghazi, Libya, in response to the September 11, 2012, attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission. Mullen told members of Congress that the "military did everything they possibly could that night." Pickering agreed, testifying that the military is not always "positioned to come in short notice to deal with those issues."

Mullen and Pickering led the State Department Accountability Review Board (ARB), which issued an independent report in December about the attacks. Both men are testifying today at a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing led by Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, who, along with members of the conservative media, have attempted to politicize the attacks to criticize the Obama administration.

During his questioning time, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) noted that Republicans have suggested the Obama administration "withheld assistance on the night of the attacks for political reasons." As Media Matters has documented, conservative media -- led by Fox News -- have echoed Republicans in persistently using this line of attack when criticizing the Obama administration over Benghazi.

Mullen, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007-2011, debunked the myth, stating that the "military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time." Mullen also detailed the "many forces that moved that night" and said a military response "is not something you can just wish to happen instantly. There's a lot of planning, preparation" to "do it as rapidly as one can do it." From his testimony:

REP. ELIJAH CUMMINGS: Admiral Mullen, in your review, did you have access to all military information, data, and people necessary to evaluate the military's response?

MULLEN: I did.

CUMMINGS: And I understand from your interview transcript that you conducted this examination not once but twice. Is that correct?

MULLEN: The first time Mr. Cummings was to -- with actually, with all members of the ARB, we went to the Pentagon to review it in detail. And then the second time I went back by myself when this became an issue that there were certainly questions being raised about it. I went back again to verify and validate what I had done before and I found nothing different in that, the military response. The military did everything they possibly could that night. They just couldn't get there in time.

[...]

MULLEN: It goes to our core, when people are in trouble, to do everything we possibly can to help them out. And there were many forces that moved that night, including a special operation force in Europe that ended up in a base in southern Europe, a large special operations force from the United States which moved under direction as soon as -- as soon as they were given orders. A group of Marines that essentially were sent in from Spain into Tripoli the next day. It literally became -- this is not something you can just wish to happen instantly. There's a lot of planning, preparation, as rapidly -- to do it as rapidly as one can do it.

[...]

CUMMINGS: So admiral, what do you say in response to those members who continue to this day to imply that the military somehow fell down on the job?

MULLEN: They didn't fall down on the job and I just completely disagree with that view.

Pickering seconded Mullen's testimony, stating that America has "over 270 consulates and embassies around the world in some very isolated and strange places" and "we are not able to count on the U.S. military, as Admiral Mullen said, always being positioned to come in short notice to deal with those issues":

PICKERING: I think the point that has just been made by Admiral Mullen is very important. We have over 270 consulates and embassies around the world in some very isolated and strange places. The responsibility for their primary security rests with the host country. Where that does not exist as it did in Benghazi, it falls back on us to do it. The report we provided you and others provides the recommendations to deal with those particular cases. We are not able to count on the U.S. military, as Admiral Mullen said, always being positioned to come in short notice to deal with those issues. So we must do better on the ground

knothead

knothead

I turn to FOX when I need a dose of bullshit . . . . . sometimes for sheer entertainment . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Now you're doubling down on your claim? Fox News is nothing but a front for the GOP. If they were a pure news organization, they wouldn't have shills like Bill O'Reilly and little Napoleon Hannity. Or jerks who get paid to post crap.

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:And speaking of turning to fox news...

spelled that way so the teabaggers will know what we are talking about

The House Foreign Affairs Committe had hearings this week on

I cant seem to find much information about it over at fox.com
I wonder why...
Is this really a good place for you to find a partner?

Telling too that you find this funny. That's pretty sick. Not surprising since the Democrats scorned the families of the dead by walking out of the Benghazi hearings when the families were to testify. Great respect for the dead....

America Turns to Fox News News During Navy Yard Shooting White-house-benghazi

23America Turns to Fox News News During Navy Yard Shooting Empty OMG!!! 9/21/2013, 8:38 am

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

This truly demonstrates how the far-far-right do indeed live under a rock or in a bubble.
Obviously, Mr. Markle, in his blissful ignorance, God-bless him, is not aware that Faux News is world famous for illegal wire-taps, omissions, half-truths, and mis-quotes.

Wow, I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  Thanks, Mr. Markle.

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

This truly demonstrates how the far-far-right do indeed live under a rock or in a bubble.
Obviously, Mr. Markle, in his blissful ignorance, God-bless him, is not aware that Faux News is world famous for illegal wire-taps, omissions, half-truths, and mis-quotes.

Wow, I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  Thanks, Mr. Markle.
I hope you are comfy on your chaise lounge as you float down DENIAL River.

America Turns to Fox News News During Navy Yard Shooting RaftingRiver-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum