Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May I ask you Christians a question?

+5
Sal
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Milton is telling
his radio audience that all the weird destructive weather we've been
having in this country (ice storms,  floods,  tornadoes, etc) happens
every time our government fails to go along with the Israelis on some
policy they have. God is punishing us for not going along with them.

So here's my question.  Why would god want us to go along with the Israelis
when the Israelis don't even believe in jesus.  Wouldn't that be kind of odd?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If we all show up at the county commissioner meeting and demand that
the commissioners enact a mandate that from now on they go along with Israel on everything, maybe god will send this year's hurricanes somewhere else and spare us. It's worth a try because I don't see what we have to lose.

Prophecies are being fulfilled by manipulation. I think its the higher ups purposely fulfilling them. Using weather manipulation, and disturbing the earths crust. Also including putting in place this pope who is supposed to be the antichrist. Fulfilling the pope prophecy. Add that with some things from space, you have a whole bunch of people thinking end of times.

I didn't want to say anything but a lot of people think that recent spat of storms was man made. Look it up.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Israel is a malignant tumor.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:The pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Milton is telling
his radio audience that all the weird destructive weather we've been
having in this country (ice storms,  floods,  tornadoes, etc) happens
every time our government fails to go along with the Israelis on some
policy they have.  God is punishing us for not going along with them.

So here's my question.  Why would god want us to go along with the Israelis
when the Israelis don't even believe in jesus.  Wouldn't that be kind of odd?

Bob those are his beliefs. My belief is, he is full of shit. Perhaps he should take dance lessons to clear his head.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

:)Prophecies are being fulfilled by manipulation. I think its the higher ups purposely fulfilling them. Using weather manipulation, and disturbing the earths crust. Also including putting in place this pope who is supposed to be the antichrist.  Fulfilling the pope prophecy. Add that with some things from space, you have a whole bunch of people thinking end of times.

I didn't want to say anything but a lot of people think that recent spat of storms was man made. Look it up.

So some "higher ups" have put an antichrist in as the pope and are intentionally creating floods and tornadoes and ice storms by "disturbing the earth's crust".

May I ask just one question?  What motive do the "higher ups" have for doing all this?

Last edited by Bob on 5/5/2014, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Please don't lump all Christians into the same category, Bob. There are real Christians and there are charlatans who use religion to advance an agenda that may line their pockets or promote political dominance. I call these "pseudo-Christians". Obviously, Hickory Hammock falls into the latter category.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:Please don't lump all Christians into the same category, Bob.  There are real Christians and there are charlatans who use religion to advance an agenda that may line their pockets or promote political dominance.  I call these "pseudo-Christians".  Obviously, Hickory Hammock falls into the latter category.

But there are millions of christians who go along with the idea that the jews in israel are "god's chosen people",  Tex.  The same people who don't believe in Jesus.
It would be like Obama calling the Ku Klux Klan his "chosen people".
Or Clive Bundy calling the federal government "god's chosen people".
Or Phil Robertson calling queers "god's chosen people".
Makes no fucking sense. How can people who believe god's son was a fraud be "god's chosen people"? If there were people who said your son was a fraud, would they be your "chosen people"?

Sal

Sal

:)Prophecies are being fulfilled by manipulation. I think its the higher ups purposely fulfilling them. Using weather manipulation, and disturbing the earths crust. Also including putting in place this pope who is supposed to be the antichrist.  Fulfilling the pope prophecy. Add that with some things from space, you have a whole bunch of people thinking end of times.

Well, that makes sense ....

Rolling Eyes 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:Please don't lump all Christians into the same category, Bob.  There are real Christians and there are charlatans who use religion to advance an agenda that may line their pockets or promote political dominance.  I call these "pseudo-Christians".  Obviously, Hickory Hammock falls into the latter category.

But there are millions of christians who go along with the idea that the jews in israel are "god's chosen people",  Tex.  The same people who don't believe in Jesus.
Makes no fucking sense.  How can people who believe god's son was a fraud be "god's chosen people"?  If there were people who said your son was a fraud, would they be your "chosen people"?

I have always wondered that too, Bob. Aren't people who don't believe in Jesus going to hell when they die?

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Makes no fucking sense.  How can people who believe god's son was a fraud be "god's chosen people"?  If there were people who said your son was a fraud, would they be your "chosen people"?

Religions are a lot like zombie movies, Bob.

You can't over-think them, or they lose their allure.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

QueenOfHearts wrote:

I have always wondered that too, Bob.  Aren't people who don't believe in Jesus going to hell when they die?

That's certainly my understanding,  queen.  That only the people who "accept jesus christ to be their lord and saviour" will go to heaven.  
And since the Israelis don't accept jesus as their lord and saviour,  that would mean "god's chosen people" are going to hell.
Weird I tell you.

2seaoat

I watched Vice on HBO exploring the genetic damage to people in Kazatstan where the Soviet Union did open air nuclear weapon testing. Three generations after the tests there are grotesque deformations, and even healthy people are carrying genes which cause birth deformity. A very troubling thing, as man can screw things up independent of God's intervention. Does a parent who has a deformed child curse god, or do they curse man? I was raised a christian and continue to have a Christian belief system, but I certainly do not let other men interpret the word of god which the bible is certainly a guideline which does not need mortal man's interpretation. So if somebody in Milton has a belief, it is his. Matthew Six has given us all the guidance we need in that regard, and sadly I am not sure God is hands on in much of what evolves in this world, and it is rare to deal with his intervention........so.....we are pretty much on our own, and that means the Israelis are on their own, the Irish are on their own, and the United States is on our own........the folks in Texas are in a record breaking drought and Pensacola has a record rain......my guess is that man has their fingerprints all over it, and God is just watching hardly amused that creation is going to hell in a hand basket.

by Floridatexan Today at 9:00 am
Please don't lump all Christians into the same category, Bob. There are real Christians and there are charlatans who use religion to advance an agenda that may line their pockets or promote political dominance. I call these "pseudo-Christians". Obviously, Hickory Hammock falls into the latter category.
-------
Do Jesse Jackson and al Sharpton fall into that definiton or are you going to defend the race baiting. Poverty pimps?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Israel is a malignant tumor.

That pastor is full of Hoo-Hah!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

by 2seaoat Today at 12:58 pm
I watched Vice on HBO exploring the genetic damage to people in Kazatstan where the Soviet Union did open air nuclear weapon testing. Three generations after the tests there are grotesque deformations, and even healthy people are carrying genes which cause birth deformity. A very troubling thing, as man can screw things up independent of God's intervention. Does a parent who has a deformed child curse god, or do they curse man? I was raised a christian and continue to have a Christian belief system, but I certainly do not let other men interpret the word of god which the bible is certainly a guideline which does not need mortal man's interpretation. So if somebody in Milton has a belief, it is his. Matthew Six has given us all the guidance we need in that regard, and sadly I am not sure God is hands on in much of what evolves in this world, and it is rare to deal with his intervention........so.....we are pretty much on our own, and that means the Israelis are on their own, the Irish are on their own, and the United States is on our own........the folks in Texas are in a record breaking drought and Pensacola has a record rain......my guess is that man has their fingerprints all over it, and God is just watching hardly amused that creation is going to hell in a hand basket.
------
Matthew 6 doesn't make you a Christian Seaoat.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

These folks are the modern-day Pharisees. They do use religion to advance their political agendas and to line their pockets. Jesus condemned folks like that during his ministry.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by Floridatexan Today at 9:00 am
-------
Do Jesse Jackson and al Sharpton fall into that definiton or are you going to defend the race baiting. Poverty pimps?

We'll just answer that by including you in the "pseudo-Christian" category.

2seaoat

Matthew 6 doesn't make you a Christian Seaoat.

Let see......Matthew 6 tells me I have a direction connection with God, and now I need to have you translate for me and tell me what makes a a person a Christian......The Protestant reformation began and ended with Matthew 6 as folks did not want to have Rome pretending that they had the only line up to the big guy......but now Pace is telling me I have a wrong number, and I need to get on his party line.....sorry Pace, I am very comfortable with the bible and my direct line, but you are welcomed to join the hypocrites which Matthew 6 clearly warned us to avoid.

I'm still selling afterlife insurance. No pressure or anything... just thght I'd mention it... again. Call now.

(for a limited time only... conditions may apply... only available in blue states... death must be verified by obamacaid.gov... billing to begin upon first contact... terms subject to change at any given moment and only available by court order/supeona)

Things that DO NOT make me a Christian:

Being a member of a denomination
Being in said denomination every Sunday a.m/p.m./Wed night
Dressing by order of said denomination
Believing about God/Bible what someone tells me is truth and I must believe
Giving money to said denomination/church/pastor/evangelist

The list could go on and on...

In the book of Acts, reference is made to Christians first being called Christians at Antioch (present day Turkey). I've heard from some sources that this was a slur against Christ followers. Still seems that way today.

My question is this: Where is the love? Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

That's what I don't see a whole lot of from people who claim to be "Christians."

I don't think the issue with the Jews is the end all to one having a relationship with God or the reason why we have disasters, disease, etc. I think Jesus defined it best. I'll take his word on it.

http://higherperspective.com/2014/05/1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-crucified-vatican-awe.html#lb3q29plUKs652Bz.01

Why do people discount this?

2seaoat

Why do people discount this?

There are many doors to the large house, some are known and certainly some are unknown, but the label on the door matters very little, and somebody who is mortal telling you which door is exclusive is comedic on the face of it, but certainly to deny the house which is neither visible or in a spatial sense discoverable, I think is as silly as those who define that there is but one door to enter.  Mere mortals have enriched themselves as the alleged tour guide with knowledge about which door to take, but Matthew 6 is simple.....we are directly guided and do not need hypocrites who pretend they know which door and shout the loudest about the same.......as fools kill each other over the words of tour guides.......I like the direct connection.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

There are many doors to the large house, some are known and certainly some are unknown, but the label on the door matters very little, and somebody who is mortal telling you which door is exclusive is comedic on the face of it, but certainly to deny the house which is neither visible or in a spatial sense discoverable, I think is as silly as those who define that there is but one door to enter.

So are you saying that all the christians are wrong?  The ones I mean who maintain that only those persons who have "accepted jesus christ as their lord and saviour" can get to heaven.  Because that's about all I've been hearing for the last 65 years.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum