Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Those good ole' christians again!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Those good ole' christians again! Empty Those good ole' christians again! 4/24/2014, 10:23 pm

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/04/21/pcc-grapples-with-sex-abuse-allegations-in-viral-blog-post/7952657/

Every part of society has it's dregs ..... Just look at yourself and your stinky toes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Every part of society has it's dregs

That's true. But this is not about the dregs. It's about an institution which tells victims of dregs that the victims are to blame, not the dregs.
If it's true that is. But it probably won't go anywhere as long as anonymous people remain anonymous.

Oh Boy!!  Time for a " I remember when" Story that no one gives a shit about.

Back in the 50s the Hortons used to live in the 200 block on south "L" street.  Their house was right across the street from the swings/See Saw(rememeber them?) etc at Kiwanis park.  They used to call us kids over into their front yard and do Flannel board stories.  Of course we got a cup of something to drink and maybe a cookie.  She was really good and could really hold your attention.

They're not anonymous, Bob. The PNJ has spoken to two of the victims. Did you read their policy where a male and female cannot be alone together at any time? What gives w/ that?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:They're not anonymous, Bob. The PNJ has spoken to two of the victims. Did you read their policy where a male and female cannot be alone together at any time? What gives w/ that?

Well if they were willing to talk to the newspaper then we know at least they really exist.  Has the newspaper revealed what they were told by the two people?

A policy of sexual repression like that is probably what helps lead to stuff like this.  I still say that's what led to all the priests diddling the choir boys.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sorry, dreamsglore, when I read that PNJ story I didn't notice that the last part of it came from PNJ phone interviews with the two former students.

The poor guy that was raped in his dormitory is like being in prison and that happening.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:They're not anonymous, Bob. The PNJ has spoken to two of the victims. Did you read their policy where a male and female cannot be alone together at any time? What gives w/ that?
Seriously?...sometimes when a male and female are together they will have sex. Sex is frowned upon at PCC

Since its 1974 inception PCC was opposed to accreditation, but reversed this position and was in 2013 accredited by Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, a religious national accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, to offer Associates to Doctorates degrees.   Maybe the accrediting association or the US Department of Education will perform an investigation of the allegations.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I had some neighbors who both graduated from PCC and who worked there. About 2-years after we moved here, they suddenly found themselves jobless. I know they struggled financially for a period until the business they started together took off. They never talked about why their relationship with PCC ended.

Our daughter went to PCC's Sports Camp in the summer for several years when she was young, and enjoyed it thoroughly. We have sent all of our grandchildren to Sports Camp and/or Camp of the Pines for a week each summer--all are now too old to attend these in 2014.

I have no doubts that those allegations likely have substance, and PCC is just going to have to deal with it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Mr Ichi wrote:Oh Boy!!  Time for a " I remember when" Story that no one gives a shit about.

Back in the 50s the Hortons used to live in the 200 block on south "L" street.  Their house was right across the street from the swings/See Saw(rememeber them?) etc at Kiwanis park.  They used to call us kids over into their front yard and do Flannel board stories.  Of course we got a cup of something to drink and maybe a cookie.  She was really good and could really hold your attention.

We love your stories... just becareful where you post them.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Go Itchi!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum