Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two scenarios. Same underlying cause. Different GOP reaction.

+4
QueenOfHearts
Sal
Nekochan
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Boards posted in his first post:

GOP has no interest in any consequences for Sterling or any question of his character, and instead looks to him as a victim.

Ah.  You got me there.   Clearly I was saying "The GOP supports Sterling" with that one.  I completely see now that I have misled you terribly.  That is completely my bad.

Now, with that said, do you think you're ready to move past the "GOP supports Sterling" thing, or do you need more time?

You see, the point isn't and has absolutely nothing to do with the idea that the GOP supports Sterling.  So if you truly want to grasp what this thread is about, you will first need to move past that concept and instead focus on the actual subject of the thread.

Think about it some more.  Mull it over.  Whatever you have to do.  Whenever you're ready, let me know and I'll continue.  

How about Bob? I guess he's "GOP" too.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I think that science should be largely transparent... that models as far reaching and conclusive must be replicable and peer reviewed... and that those emails clearly show the contrary. A is whistleblowing and might be illegal... B might be illegal...  both can be considered unethical such as with manning or snowden... but the result should be the same consequence. Your ilk ignores the emails and doesn't care what the means are to an ends.

I don't know anyone that ignored the emails.  I think the issue is that you don't understand what the emails say.  And, to be honest, that is a You-problem.

Beyond that though, I don't recall seeing you at any point during Climatgate draw attention to the fact that it is centered on illegally obtained emails.  In fact, I don't think you ever did anything like that.  If we could go back and dig up all of your posting on Climategate, I suspect we would find that 100% of those posts are attacking climate science as being a conspiracy, and roughly 0% would draw attention to the fact that the story rests on hacked emails.

I don't think we can say the same about the Sterling/Clippers case, can we?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

GOP has no interest in any consequences for Sterling or any question of his character, and instead looks to him as a victim.

Ah.  You got me there.   Clearly I was saying "The GOP supports Sterling" with that one.  I completely see now that I have misled you terribly.  That is completely my bad.

Now, with that said, do you think you're ready to move past the "GOP supports Sterling" thing, or do you need more time?

You see, the point isn't and has absolutely nothing to do with the idea that the GOP supports Sterling.  So if you truly want to grasp what this thread is about, you will first need to move past that concept and instead focus on the actual subject of the thread.

Think about it some more.  Mull it over.  Whatever you have to do.  Whenever you're ready, let me know and I'll continue.  

How about Bob?   I guess he's "GOP" too.

I don't even know what this means.  Were you intending to respond to my post that you quoted?  If so, what part?

Actually, let's just agree to move on, Nekochan. I don't have time to dissect and read everything for you.

You have a good day now.

ClimateGate FOIA - Email 636

Email 5175-Tom Wigley -

In any simple global formula, there should be at least two clearly identifiable sources of uncertainty. One is the sensitivity (d(melt)/dT) and the other is the total available ice. In the TAR, the latter never comes into it in their analysis (i.e., the 'derivation' of the GSIC formula) -- but my point is that it *does* come in by accident due to the quadratic fudge factor. The total volume range is 5-32cm, which is, at the very least, inconsistent with other material in the chapter (see below). 5cm is clearly utterly ridiculous.

Email 5054, Colin Harpham, UEA,

I will press on with trying to work out why the temperature needs a 'fudge factor' along with the poorer modelling for winter.

Email 1461, Milind Kandlikar,

With GCMs the issue is different. Tuning may be a way to fudge the physics. For example, understanding of clouds or aerosols is far from complete - so (ideally) researchers build the "best" model they can within the constraints of physical understanding and computational capacity. Then they tweak parameters to provide a good approximation to observations. It is this context that all the talk about "detuning" is confusing. How does one speak of "detuning" using the same physical models as before? A "detuned" model merely uses a different set of parameters that match observations - it not hard to find multiple combinations of parameters that give the similar model outputs (in complex models with many parameters/degrees of freedom) So how useful is a detuned model that uses old physics? Why is this being seen as some sort of a breakthrough?

Email 1047, Briffa,

We had to remove the reference to "700 years in France" as I am not sure what this is , and it is not in the text anyway. The use of "likely" , "very likely" and my additional fudge word "unusual" are all carefully chosen where used.

Email 723, Elaine Barrow, UEA,

Either the scale needs adjusting, or we need to fudge the figures...

Briffa_sep98 code

;****** APPLIES A VERY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION FOR DECLINE********* ; yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904] valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,$ 2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor if n_elements(yrloc) ne n_elements(valadj)

then message,'Oooops!'

Last edited by PkrBum on 5/1/2014, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I don't even know what this means.  Were you intending to respond to my post that you quoted?  If so, what part?

Actually, let's just agree to move on, Nekochan.  I don't have time to dissect and read everything for you.  

You have a good day now.

If I could make you understand, I would. You don't need to read anything for me.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Actually, let's just agree to move on, Nekochan.  I don't have time to dissect and read everything for you.  

You have a good day now.

Boards, you are the one who caused the confusion with your original post.  Why don't you just come out and ask the specific members your question?  To my recollection those making this a privacy issue were Teo, Chrissy, Pkr, Ichi and Bob.  None of them are GOP supporters.

I just pointed out the law... personally I'm glad he's outed given his unethical business practices and arcane beliefs.

His views are narrow minded and there's no place for them in an open society... much less in public prominence.

I hope he slithers away and disappears.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Rather than show support for Sterling's faux pas, all the hubbub was about a violation of his First Amendment rights...

But in the climate change debate, the question of the First Amendment rights of the individuals was never acknowledged as an issue.

The First Amendment only applies when it's necessary to ignore the underlying facts...so, even though we all (I think) agree that Sterling is a slimeball, we have to be collectively outraged FOR HIM because he has a right to privacy...apparently a right that is not shared by the climate scientists, because what has to be the focus of concentration and understanding is that the scientists must be lying. Therefore, their rights can never be allowed to enter the discussion.

QED

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, this isn't a political issue, it's a legal one.

Can you legally prohibit someone from running a business that he owns because of comments he made that most people find offensive?   Also--how can he even sell his team if he's not allowed to conduct any business?

It will be interesting to see the outcome if Sterling takes this to court.

**Here's one opinion:
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/04/29/nbas-decision-against-clippers-owner-is-it-legal/

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:I just pointed out the law...

That's kind of my point.

Scenario A: "Ha! Look at that! I knew it! Burn the scientists!" x 100

Scenario B: "Hey guys, I think it's illegal for this guy to have been recorded!"

Why the differing reactions? No need to explain Scenario A. I get it. You are a climate science denier. You saw the climate-gate story. You felt it added some wind to your sails. Who cares if the underlying information was obtained illegally? That didn't matter at all. What matters is that you disagreed with the consensus of the climate scientists, and you felt this new information boosted your argument. Fair enough.

So why doesn't that same logic play out in the Sterling/Clippers case? Why is it that this time around, the most important part of the story is the legality of how the information was obtained?

boards of FL

boards of FL

QueenOfHearts wrote:To my recollection those making this a privacy issue were Teo, Chrissy, Pkr, Ichi and Bob.  None of them are GOP supporters.

You have a good day now.

The climate scientists were obstructing foia requests. The science (agenda) has far reaching implications. The emails I quoted were from a foia request... though it's not complete because mann and jones began deleting emails. That's not how science works... certainly not something of this nature and magnitude. Back to my first point on this thread... data was also "accidentally" lost. This is the scientific foundation of the theory... that you and the "consensus" built your faith upon. It's the wiffle ball of science.

Please learn the difference between a private citizen and a government employee.

The climate scientist were gov employees hiding things and making up false data which then would be pushed on the public in order to milk the public of more tax mobey. I call that fraud.

The old man had a opinion that people don't like which he told his gf in private.

These are two very separate issues

Sal

Sal

QueenOfHearts wrote:

Boards, you are the one who caused the confusion with your original post.  Why don't you just come out and ask the specific members your question?  To my recollection those making this a privacy issue were Teo, Chrissy, Pkr, Ichi and Bob.  None of them are GOP supporters.

Wait a cotton-pickin' minute, here ...

... ya got ...

Teo - Alex Jones fanboy and conspiracy theory nutjob
Chrissy - functionally illiterate moron
Pkr - emotionally retarded glibertarian
Ichi - apolitical old south nostalgic
Bob - toaster

... that's a pretty damn good representation of the modern day GOP.

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

... ya got ...

Bob - toaster

lol

Well Sal, the names you just posted represent a wide variety of views on the forum when it comes to political issues.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:The climate scientists were obstructing foia requests. The science (agenda) has far reaching implications. The emails I quoted were from a foia request... though it's not complete because mann  and jones began deleting emails. That's not how science works... certainly not something of this nature and magnitude. Back to my first point on this thread... data was also "accidentally" lost. This is the scientific foundation of the theory... that you and the "consensus" built your faith upon. It's the wiffle ball of science.

And yet 97% of scientist still have a consensus on climate science. Big big big.....big conspiracy there.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

... ya got ...

Bob - toaster

lol

Well Sal, the names you just posted represent a wide variety of views on the forum when it comes to political issues.  

Sssh. Stop pointing out a fact. We're just supposed to have a good day.  tongue 

AGW theory. Atmospheric water is a much better driver of our climate... if you can ignore the sun and a dozen other things....

what are we going to do about that?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:AGW theory. Atmospheric water is a much better driver of our climate... if you can ignore the sun and a dozen other things....

what are we going to do about that?

I don't know. You should probably go back to school and learn a bit about climate science. Who knows? If you stick with it long enough, you may find yourself in a position to do some real research and publish some real, peer-reviewed work in the field. Keep that up, and perhaps one day you will be invited to a conference on climate science where you can speak with other climate scientists of equal qualification.

And should that ever happen, be sure to ask them about all this atmospheric water stuff, bra. But until then, you are "random internet guy" who doesn't grasp the concept of a scientific consensus and who sides with political blowhards instead of qualified experts.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

... ya got ...

Bob - toaster

lol

I know, right?

Right here on this little forum, we have the full spectrum of modern "conservative" thought ....

.... from functionally illiterate moron to Alex Jones fanboy and conspiracy theory nutjob.

It's an exciting time to be an American.

I read everything that comes out and have studied countless aspects of the theory and records. I know this subject well.

That childish mocking thing you do doesn't affect or reflect on me. I've raised children through that stage before.

2seaoat

If I could make you understand, I would. You don't need to read anything for me.

I think it is pretty obvious he did. His question was crystal clear.

Clearly Fox News, those shills of the Oligarchy, most current people who wrongfully call themselves Republicans and are clearly nothing more than Dixiecrats seeking temporary shelter, and people of very low IQs are tacit supporters of racism.

Hypothesis: Fox News, shills for the Oligarchy, a majority of the GOP, Dixiecrats, and members of this forum when confronted with racism will try to discount the same by attacking the alleged victim of the same. This group will be control group "A"

Hypothesis: Christians, and fair minded people who harbor little racial hatred and do not leverage the same for political ends are not comfortable with racism and find it objectionable, and they usually defend the victim of a racial incident. This group will be control group "B"

case study 1-unarmed black kid lawfully returning to his father's home is shot to death by a person claiming he was standing his ground, will group A or B try to find fault in the victim to justify the racial profiling?

case study 2-as evidenced by the federal judge in Wisconsin voter ID laws overwhelming negatively impact older americans and people of color, and therefore the court overturned the voter ID law. Will group A ignore the lack of any real voter ID fraud, and ignore the adverse impact on minorities, and argue that it is not big deal to get an Id and people could commit fraud without the same? Will group B argue that voter id laws are a continuation of racial discrimination intended to deny people of color their Right to vote?

case study 3- an Oligarch who happens to own an NBA team and has a history of racial discrimination allegations which have been before the court, and in a conversation with his girlfriend she records racist comments. Will group A ignore the racist comments and focus on the girlfriend, the possible illegal nature of the taping, and scoff at how silly the whole thing is and who cares if a person has a personal opinion which involves race? Will group b focus on the continued racial discrimination in America and the need to find a cure for hate?

Now other than Dreams defending Zimmerman(not on racial grounds) I can say that there is 100% consistency of opinion in the control groups as applied to this forum. I stand ready for challenge of my hypothesis and case studies. I have personally come to the conclusion that it is hard to remain a christian and remain a republican, and I am having trouble reconciling my christian beliefs with what the Republican Party has become.

Nekochan

Nekochan

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

... ya got ...

Bob - toaster

lol

Sssh.  Stop pointing out a fact.  We're just supposed to have a good day.  tongue 

Smile 

That's what he says when he has no good or logical answer.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:If I could make you understand, I would. You don't need to read anything for me.

I think it is pretty obvious he did.  His question was crystal clear.

Clearly Fox News, those shills of the Oligarchy, most current people who wrongfully call themselves Republicans and are clearly nothing more than Dixiecrats seeking temporary shelter, and people of very low IQs are tacit supporters of racism.

Hypothesis:  Fox News, shills for the Oligarchy, a majority of the GOP, Dixiecrats, and members of this forum when confronted with racism will try to discount the same by attacking the alleged victim of the same.  This group will be control group "A"

Hypothesis:  Christians, and fair minded people who harbor little racial hatred and do not leverage the same for political ends are not comfortable with racism and find it objectionable, and they usually defend the victim of a racial incident.  This group will be control group "B"

case study 1-unarmed black kid lawfully returning to his father's home is shot to death by a person claiming he was standing his ground, will group A or B try to find fault in the victim to justify the racial profiling?

case study 2-as evidenced by the federal judge in Wisconsin voter ID laws overwhelming negatively impact older americans and people of color, and therefore the court overturned the voter ID law.  Will group A ignore the lack of any real voter ID fraud, and ignore the adverse impact on minorities, and argue that it is not big deal to get an Id and people could commit fraud without the same?  Will group B argue that voter id laws are a continuation of racial discrimination intended to deny people of color their Right to vote?

case study 3- an Oligarch who happens to own an NBA team and has a history of racial discrimination allegations which have been before the court, and in a conversation with his girlfriend she records racist comments.  Will group A ignore the racist comments and focus on the girlfriend, the possible illegal nature of the taping, and scoff at how silly the whole thing is and who cares if a person has a personal opinion which involves race?  Will group b focus on the continued racial discrimination in America and the need to find a cure for hate?

Now other than Dreams defending Zimmerman(not on racial grounds) I can say that there is 100% consistency of opinion in the control groups as applied to this forum.  I stand ready for challenge of my hypothesis and case studies.  I have personally come to the conclusion that it is hard to remain a christian and remain a republican, and I am having trouble reconciling my christian beliefs with what the Republican Party has become.

Rolling Eyes 

You are almost as condescending as Boards.

2seaoat

You are almost as condescending as Boards.

No he has patience when someone is not understanding something and he tries to give them an opportunity to get it.......I am a jerk and very impatient with ignorance.......I do not think it is an excuse to be in that condition when confronted with a fairly straight forward question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum