Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knee jerk reaction to SC shooting

+5
Sal
EmeraldGhost
dumpcare
2seaoat
KarlRove
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.youngcons.com/south-carolina-to-take-down-confederate-flag-flying-about-statehouse/

Who here thinks that Duan Roof would have shot those people regardless of what flag was flying over SC
State capitaL?

2seaoat

The flag is coming down....sometimes strident and knee jerk is the only righteous path......that symbol of hate is coming down from state property.....sure the VP of the confederacy had is right:
Knee jerk reaction to SC shooting 220px-AlexStephens2

Stephens in his later years
On March 21, 1861, Stephens gave his famous Cornerstone Speech in Savannah, Georgia. In it he declared that slavery was the natural condition of blacks and the foundation of the Confederacy. He declared, "Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition

KarlRove

KarlRove

That flag was put on the building by Democrats.

2seaoat

dumpcare

It would not have mattered what flag was up there the hatred was in his heart and probably passed down for generation's within his family.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Knee jerk reaction to SC shooting 11536146_10153199115892740_6547622454042706874_n

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

This whole flag thing is playing right into Dylan Roof's motivation for committing this heinous crime in the first place ..... to create division & strife between the races in the U.S. and to "racially awaken" white people.  

Anyone who doesn't understand this whole "racial awakening" idea the white supremacists have should go read up on it.   And I don't mean from CNN ... go to their actual websites & see what they see. Read a synopsis of The Turner Diaries & The Hunter by white supremacist leader William Pierce.

If taking away a symbol many non-racist Southerners consider to be part of the heritage/history serves to foster racial resentments .... I'm sure young Roof is quite gleeful about that.   In his mind it serves to "racially awaken" them.  

The groups/people who adhere to white separatist/nationalist/supremacist ideology use the Christian cross (and variations thereof) as a symbol much or more as the Confederate battle-flag ... gonna ban that too?

How many Christians in this country would take exception to media characterization of the cross as a racist symbol?

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:This whole flag thing is playing right into Dylan Roof's motivation for committing this heinous crime in the first place ..... to create division & strife between the races in the U.S. and to "racially awaken" white people.  

Yeah ....

.... that's what's happening.

Rolling Eyes

.... and, the South's gonna do it again.

Yee Haw!

rotflmao

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Sal wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:This whole flag thing is playing right into Dylan Roof's motivation for committing this heinous crime in the first place ..... to create division & strife between the races in the U.S. and to "racially awaken" white people.  

Yeah ....

.... that's what's happening.

Rolling Eyes

.... and, the South's gonna do it again.

Yee Haw!

rotflmao

Note my emphasis of the next words of my post you didn't bother to copy/paste .... "in his mind"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Another PaceDog meme failure on this thread.......

Solution: Reduce the size of the image in Photoshop prior to posting, and don't try and post images from an iPhone.
Mad

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Knee jerk reaction to SC shooting 11536146_10153199115892740_6547622454042706874_n

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Anyone who doesn't understand this whole "racial awakening" idea the white supremacists have should go read up on it.   And I don't mean from CNN ... go to their actual websites & see what they see.  Read a synopsis of The Turner Diaries & The Hunter by white supremacist leader William Pierce.

If taking away a symbol many non-racist Southerners consider to be part of the heritage/history serves to foster racial resentments .... I'm sure young Roof is quite gleeful about that.   In his mind it serves to "racially awaken" them.  

The groups/people who adhere to white separatist/nationalist/supremacist ideology use the Christian cross (and variations thereof) as a symbol much or more as the Confederate battle-flag ... gonna ban that too?

How many Christians in this country would take exception to media characterization of the cross as a racist symbol?

Not me.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Wordslinger wrote:  .... How many Christians in this country would take exception to media characterization of the cross as a racist symbol?
Wordslinger wrote:Not me.

So .... are you saying you consider the Christian cross as a symbol of racism in the USA today?

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:  .... How many Christians in this country would take exception to media characterization of the cross as a racist symbol?
Wordslinger wrote:Not me.

So .... are you saying you consider the Christian cross as a symbol of racism in the USA today?

I don't know about racism, but it is certainly a symbol of ignorance.

Then again, I suspect Sunday is probably the most racially segregated day of the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum