Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Botched execution....blah blah blah so what.....did he care about his victims to give them a good death?

+4
Wordslinger
2seaoat
QueenOfHearts
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://m.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/04/30/why-were-the-two-inmates-in-oklahoma-on-death-row-in-the-first-place/

Almost 15 years ago,on June 3,1999,Clayton Lockett,23,Shawn Mathis,26,and Alfonzo LaRon Veasey Lockett,17,planned on robbing Bobby Lee Bornt,23,at his house in Perry,Okla.

They tied up Bornt and beat him. Bornt’s nine-month-old son was present.

Stephanie Neiman,18,was dropping off her friend Summer Bradshaw at that house,and Lockett and his accomplices tried to take the keys to her new Chevy truck. Neiman,who graduated from high school only two weeks earlier,fought back,and the men covered her mouth with duct tape and beat and sexually assualted her. They also covered her 18-year-old friend’s mouth with duct tape,and beat and sexually assaulted her. Both were abducted,along with Bornt and his son. Lockett and his accomplices drove the four people they kidnapped west of Ponca City. Lockett asked Neiman if she planned to call the police. She would not say no, and Mathis spent 20 minutes digging a grave over which Lockett shot Neiman twice with a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, the three other victims later told authorities.

I bet thse goddamn little bitches seduced these boys.  It's her own fucking fault they had to kill her.  She gave them no choice.
It's a damn shame they were ever put on trial to start with.  Their great great great great grandfathers were slaves goddamnit.  We need to cut them some slack because of it.  If your great great great great grandfather was a slave you'd want to rape and kill some honkies too.

are those people dead yet? they should be.

Sal

Sal

America's national past time is sadism ....

.... and death ....

.... and death machines ....

.... and war. 

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:What's this debate really about?  The correctness of death penalties, the need for them?

The classic argument for having a death penalty is that it will act as a deterrent to people contemplating doing murder.

But the arguments in opposition to that are quite believable.  And nobody, virtually nobody convicted of murder on death row awaiting execution, even paused while involved in the crime that got them a death penalty, to consider what might happen.

The death penalty for murder, has never been much of a deterrent.

If having a death penalty isn't a deterrent, then what good is it?

You want to really punish a killer?  Let him or her rot until they succumb to natural causes.

We don't need to prove the American government is capable of killing.  Hell, they do that all the time!

Screw Amerika Inc!!!

So you admit it IS a deterrent.  THEN you say it isn't....  Not surprised, I understand those drugs can have terrible side effects.

Botched execution....blah blah blah so what.....did he care about his victims to give them a good death? - Page 2 5108da77-e997-4e62-9c15-af2f76f78cdb_zpsca2da319

Botched execution....blah blah blah so what.....did he care about his victims to give them a good death? - Page 2 55ee1394-7a8c-461d-a04e-7a8a31fdeebf_zps94cffdab

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:What's this debate really about?  The correctness of death penalties, the need for them?

The classic argument for having a death penalty is that it will act as a deterrent to people contemplating doing murder.

But the arguments in opposition to that are quite believable.  And nobody, virtually nobody convicted of murder on death row awaiting execution, even paused while involved in the crime that got them a death penalty, to consider what might happen.

You want to really punish a killer?  Let him or her rot until they succumb to natural causes.

We don't need to prove the American government is capable of killing.  Hell, they do that all the time!

Screw Amerika Inc!!!

21 Re: Can Someone Explain Why We Don't Just Nuke Cliven Bundy's Ranch and the Surrounding Areas ... Yesterday at 7:06 pm

Wordslinger

golly, I resent it when I'm called a government lover and a man who hates people who stand up to it.

I don't love goverment, but I'm with Sal on this one -- Nuke that cowboy sonofabitch and all his traitorous militia scumbutts.

What these bastards want is anarchy -- with Rush Limbaugh running everything!

Nuke'em now while they're all together ...

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc!!!

So you admit it IS a deterrent.  THEN you say it isn't....  Not surprised, I understand those drugs can have terrible side effects.

Botched execution....blah blah blah so what.....did he care about his victims to give them a good death? - Page 2 5108da77-e997-4e62-9c15-af2f76f78cdb_zpsca2da319

Botched execution....blah blah blah so what.....did he care about his victims to give them a good death? - Page 2 55ee1394-7a8c-461d-a04e-7a8a31fdeebf_zps94cffdab

You really are delusional: I never stated that the death penalty served as much of a deterrent. I said: "the classic argument for having a death penalty is that it will act as a deterrent to people contemplating doing murder. Then I pointed out that the facts are, that nobody, virtually nobody convicted of murder and on death row awaiting execution, even paused for a moment to consider the cost, while involved in the crime that got them a death penalty.

Once again you come across as a very confused, frustrated little boy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:http://m.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/04/30/why-were-the-two-inmates-in-oklahoma-on-death-row-in-the-first-place/

Almost 15 years ago,on June 3,1999,Clayton Lockett,23,Shawn Mathis,26,and Alfonzo LaRon Veasey Lockett,17,planned on robbing Bobby Lee Bornt,23,at his house in Perry,Okla.

They tied up Bornt and beat him. Bornt’s nine-month-old son was present.

Stephanie Neiman,18,was dropping off her friend Summer Bradshaw at that house,and Lockett and his accomplices tried to take the keys to her new Chevy truck. Neiman,who graduated from high school only two weeks earlier,fought back,and the men covered her mouth with duct tape and beat and sexually assualted her. They also covered her 18-year-old friend’s mouth with duct tape,and beat and sexually assaulted her. Both were abducted,along with Bornt and his son. Lockett and his accomplices drove the four people they kidnapped west of Ponca City. Lockett asked Neiman if she planned to call the police. She would not say no, and Mathis spent 20 minutes digging a grave over which Lockett shot Neiman twice with a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, the three other victims later told authorities.

15 years.......we need quicker executions for those convicted with absolute proof.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Screw Amerika Inc!!!

You really are delusional:  I never stated that the death penalty served as much of a deterrent.  I said:  "the classic argument for having a death penalty is that it will act as a deterrent to people contemplating doing murder.  Then I pointed out that the facts are, that nobody, virtually nobody convicted of murder and on death row awaiting execution, even paused for a moment to consider the cost[/b], while involved in the crime that got them a death penalty.

Once again you come across as a very confused, frustrated little boy.

YOU made this statement:
[b]The death penalty for murder, has never been much of a deterrent.

As YOU know it has been proven to be a deterrent. It would be MORE of a deterrent if the executions were performed far more quickly.

Your comment about people not considering the consequences when committing such a heinous crime is probably somewhat true. Have you interviewed the people who stopped short of doing something that would put them on deaths row too?

Must be the drugs Wordslinger, you've really lost your edge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum