Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If youre dumb, the state cant give you the death sentence, did you know that?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/supreme-court-strikes-down-rigid-iq-cutoff-to-execute-mentally-disabled/

Now listen up all you people reading this, if you accidently do something and end up on the wrong end of the law and thy want to put you down. Don't pass that IQ test.

There is something terribly wrong with this method of handling violent criminals.

Duranged Eagle would be safe in Florida.. LOL

If youre dumb, the state cant give you the death sentence, did you know that?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgJhsiNK3vDrc3BbG8dmqO93erttAmk1DPO5aLVexoOE7ywpX8

Well that explains why there are so many supposedly enlightened progressive liberals, like Mr Ichi, in Florida.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnNAGLAc_w

Very Happy 

Chrissy wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/supreme-court-strikes-down-rigid-iq-cutoff-to-execute-mentally-disabled/

Now listen up all you people reading this, if you accidently do something and end up on the wrong end of the law and thy want to put you down. Don't pass that IQ test.

There is something terribly wrong with this method of handling violent criminals.

Aren't you glad you'll never be executed?

seriously.

I think if you go out and chop someone up in little pieces or perhaps stab someone in the heart 35 times it really shouldn't matter what your IQ is, youre a threat to society and if we know for a fact you did this, then the death penalty should be applied.

Sal

Sal

You all for executing little kids who kill as well?

Just how barbaric are you willing to sink to slake your blood lust?

Chrissy wrote:seriously.

I think if you go out and chop someone up in little pieces or perhaps stab someone in the heart 35 times it really shouldn't matter what your IQ is, youre a threat to society and if we know for a fact you did this, then the death penalty should be applied.

We don't kill people who don't have the capacity to understand right from wrong in this country. That kind of thinking is for uneducated and unintelligent societies just like we don't execute mentally ill people. Would you want them to execute your son if he killed someone?

I don't believe in the mentally I'll excuse. It's way over used.

If you believe in the mentally I'll excuse then you have to let every murderer off because muddying someone in cold blood qualifies as mentally I'll

And I especially do nit believe IQ should be a measurement if someone is so dumb they dint know what they were doing was wrong, I don't buy it.

As far as children, I believe there might be examples where the death penalty would qualify.

People are either murderers or not.

Idiocracy

I don't know what a mentally I'll excuse is but if you're psychotic and have a break w/ reality then you're not in your right mind. There is a difference between being mentally ill and being evil. Andrea Yates was psychotic when she drowned her children and she should not have been put to death for an illness. It really doesn't matter what you believe in Chrissy. Intelligent people know the difference and we don't kill sick people in this country.

The fact that mentally retarded or mentally ill people cannot be executed is not news.  The main point of the story you posted is that Florida has set a very arbitrary number to measure a person's IQ.  

I can tell you from personal experience that it can be very difficult to teach the concept of right versus wrong to someone with a low IQ.  It's an abstract concept and that population is not good at comprehending abstracts.

Sometimes when an EMH child has done something wrong, not only do they not know it is wrong, but they also don't know the difference between the truth and a lie.  You can ask a child, "did you push him" and he will probably say no.  But if you tell that same child to show you how he used his hands, he will make a pushing motion.  That lack of understanding makes it impossible for them to understand and participate in a trial.

Children with low IQs don't always have much impulse control.  If that carries into adulthood, you can't just execute them for not understanding the rules of society.  It isn't humane, any more than it would be humane to execute a child.

no stress

no stress

BirdyBack wrote:The fact that mentally retarded or mentally ill people cannot be executed is not news.  The main point of the story you posted is that Florida has set a very arbitrary number to measure a person's IQ.  

I can tell you from personal experience that it can be very difficult to teach the concept of right versus wrong to someone with a low IQ.  It's an abstract concept and that population is not good at comprehending abstracts.

Sometimes when an EMH child has done something wrong, not only do they not know it is wrong, but they also don't know the difference between the truth and a lie.  You can ask a child, "did you push him" and he will probably say no.  But if you tell that same child to show you how he used his hands, he will make a pushing motion.  That lack of understanding makes it impossible for them to understand and participate in a trial.

Children with low IQs don't always have much impulse control.  If that carries into adulthood, you can't just execute them for not understanding the rules of society.  It isn't humane, any more than it would be humane to execute a child.
     I know that youre just making up an example but it got me wondering....Why would a child that doesn't know right from wrong answer No to the question and then show what he did with his hands? If they truly don't know right from wrong wouldn't they just answer honestly about what they did when asked?   Not a criticism of your example, just a queery.

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:I don't believe in the mentally I'll excuse. It's way over used.

If you believe in the mentally I'll excuse then you have to let every murderer off because muddying someone in cold blood qualifies as mentally I'll

And I especially do nit believe IQ should be a measurement if someone is so dumb they dint know what they were doing was wrong, I don't buy it.

As far as children, I believe there might be examples where the death penalty would qualify.

Idiocracy

Mentally ill is not a defense.

Insanity is.

But, do you know how high the bar is set for an insanity defense in literally every state?

Just wondering if you're ignorant or insane ....

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:I don't believe in the mentally I'll excuse. It's way over used.

Idiocracy

Mentally ill is not a defense.

Insanity is.

But, do you know how high the bar is set for an insanity defense in literally every state?

Just wondering if you're ignorant or insane ....

well I'll argue that mentally ill and mentally disabled are the same thing. If you disagree and think these two are different, go ahead and explain. Because from the ruling and this article is this>>>>>>>

Twelve years after the Supreme Court ruled that the mentally retarded cannot be put to death, today the court clarified the standards a state can use to develop appropriate ways to enforce the ruling.

In a 5-4 ruling, the court said that Florida’s threshold requirement requiring an inmate to show an IQ test score of 70 or below before being permitted to present any additional intellectual disability evidence is unconstitutional.

and after re-reading this since you drug it back up afater so long, it appears I misunderstood it. they have been using IQ of 70 as a cut off point to be able to present additional evidence that a person is mentally incapable for being responsible for their actions, now they have ruled that a person can have a higher iQ and still present additional evidence that they are mentally incapable of being responsible for their own actions, thus making it even harder to convict and give the death sentence some of the most heinous crimes we have.

but of course you are not an advocate of the death sentence as most liberals are not. You believe in letting killers live and infants die.

backwards bunch of people you are.

2seaoat

Idiocracy

She who dealt it smelled it.........

2seaoat wrote:Idiocracy

She who dealt it smelled it.........

I didn't make the law.

And I think I have always been clear of my position of the death penalty for heinous crimes.

The man in the article I posted killed a pregnant woman and will use this law now to get out o the death penalty sentence. As others will.

There are some people who are so evil and violent that they need to be removed from the planet and thus the death penalty provides that avenue because we have altered the laws of nature that would have removed them to begin with.

2seaoat

2000 years of law requiring capacity, and we have moses at the burning bush bringing new law down from the mountain........that forty years in the desert must have been a bitch.

2seaoat wrote:2000 years of law requiring capacity, and we have moses at the burning bush bringing new law down from the mountain........that forty years in the desert must have been a bitch.

Why don't you just say it. You are against the death penalty for people who commit heinous crimes. It will make you feel better to get it off your pink fuzzy shoulders.

I wonder sometimes if you have ever spent a day in reality. All the stories you tell about mingling with the lower classes I fear are visions of delusions made up by a well to do pampered brat who grew up knowing people like bill ayers and Hillary Clinton.

Try dealing with reality once in a while down here in the real world where peoples loved ones get chopped up into little pieces and shoved into a duffle bag and then ask yourself, should a person that does that deserve to live?

I don't expect a real answer from you. But give it your best pampered fuzzy shot. LOL

2seaoat

I don't expect a real answer from you. But give it your best pampered fuzzy shot. LOL

So you think the death sentence is a good deterrence? I think it is costly and barbaric which like abortion should happen rarely in a civilized society. The experts do not agree with you.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence

2seaoat wrote:I don't expect a real answer from you. But give it your best pampered fuzzy shot. LOL

So you think the death sentence is a good deterrence?  I think it is costly and barbaric which like abortion should happen rarely in a civilized society.  The experts do not agree with you.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts/the-death-penalty-and-deterrence

Why cant you just answer a simple yes or no that you are against the death penalty? Its really easy. You are for it or against it. see, simple.

And I didn't say anything about death penalty as "deterrence" I seek it for those people who commit heinous crimes as JUSTICE.

amnestyusa LOLOL  Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

I gave you an answer. I do not like abortions, but at times society has accepted the same. I do not like the death penalty, but at times society has accepted the same. I would like zero abortions and zero murder by the state, but I believe that both abortion and the death penalty are the ugly underbelly of a civilized society and have their place.......the fewer the better.

2seaoat wrote:I gave you an answer.  I do not like abortions, but at times society has accepted the same.  I do not like the death penalty, but at times society has accepted the same.  I would like zero abortions and zero murder by the state, but I believe that both abortion and the death penalty are the ugly underbelly of a civilized society and have their place.......the fewer the better.

I am against abortion as you well know. You are trying to compare apples and oranges as usual.

At least you admit to your fuzzy pink bellied utopian mindset, where everyone gets along and sings kumbya LOL

reality is some people are so heinous they need to be removed from breathing air. here are just a few examples of where only death can serve as justice.

serial killer mutilates and chops his victims up, and or eats them or not
parent tosses babies off bridge
men who have intercourse with infants

I have a few more, but not many but those crimes above are so heinous the person doing tem simply need to be put to death.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ah, no one wants to defend serial killers, baby murderers and infant fuckers to the right to life?

You know if you're going to be a pink bellied fuzzy utopian unicorn believer you have to be able to defend your ground on all subjects, not just the fuzzy cute ones.  Wink 

No, he doesn't have to defend anything and especially not to a moron. It's a waste of time.

2seaoat

Fuzy....that is the comprehension level of somebody that believes the death penalty serves some purpose other than spending a lot of money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum