Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do conservative Christians here think it's a good idea for girls to get married at age 15?

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Ghost Rider
stormwatch89
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Does the Bible say that's a good thing?

Bob wrote:Does the Bible say that's a good thing?

It was commonly accepted until fairly recently... when humans were lucky to live till forty. Are you morally outraged?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Uh, I don't think it's a good idea to get married at all!

stormwatch89 wrote:Uh, I don't think it's a good idea to get married at all!

lol... it's a good thing that it's not you and I trying to dictate morality and ethics on the rest of humanity.

I've got lots of ideas though... lord forbid I ever become El Supremo Presidente.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Uh, I don't think it's a good idea to get married at all!

lol... it's a good thing that it's not you and I trying to dictate morality and ethics on the rest of humanity.

I've got lots of ideas though... lord forbid I ever become El Supremo Presidente.

Tears!  I'll be Vice El Supremo Presidente, K? Emphasis on Vice.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

My mother married my dad when she was 13 years old and had my oldest brother when she was 14. My mom and dad were married to each other for almost 65 years.

That was almost SOP during their era. Whether morally wrong or not, I cannot answer as it worked out very well for them. Divorce rate then was a hell of a lot less than it is today. So I will leave judgement on this issue to others seeing as my opinion would be somewhat biased.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Everybody matures at different speeds. My grandson Graduates High school and college on the same day with a 2 year business degree and he will be 17.
I guess the State just had to set a age of maturity so we could separate the pedophiles from the paramours.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

It was commonly accepted until fairly recently... when humans were lucky to live till forty.

But that was then and this is now.  

Duck Commander in new video saying men should marry girls "when they are 15 or 16"

Just days after A&E reversed their decision to suspend Phil Robertson from his family’s hit reality show Duck Dynasty, the 67-year-old is making headlines once again.

“Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20-years-old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket,” Robertson says in the video. “You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks.

“Make sure that she can cook a meal,” Robertson says in the video. “You need to eat some meals that she cooks, check that out.”

http://www.parade.com/248090/erinhill/phil-robertson-tells-men-to-marry-girls-when-they-are-15-or-16/

He's nothing but a damn pedophile.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

It was commonly accepted until fairly recently... when humans were lucky to live till forty.

But that was then and this is now.  

Duck Commander in new video saying men should marry girls "when they are 15 or 16"

Just days after A&E reversed their decision to suspend Phil Robertson from his family’s hit reality show Duck Dynasty, the 67-year-old is making headlines once again.

“Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20-years-old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket,” Robertson says in the video. “You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks.

“Make sure that she can cook a meal,” Robertson says in the video. “You need to eat some meals that she cooks, check that out.”

http://www.parade.com/248090/erinhill/phil-robertson-tells-men-to-marry-girls-when-they-are-15-or-16/

He's nothing but a damn pedophile.

Bob Robertson is to old to be marrying anything under 25 but the legal age in most states is 16, 14 in a lot of them so...he's not a pedo.

With parental permission... which I think I read was something he said in that same video.

How's that moral outrage going?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Bob Robertson is to old to be marrying anything under 25 but the legal age in most states is 16,  14 in a lot of them so...he's not a pedo.

Trust me,  the only reason the right-wing christians will go along with girls marrying at 15 is because their hero says it's okay.  If Obama ever said anything like that he would be shouted down by the lot of them. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And he didn't just say girls should get married at 15.  He ALSO said 20 year old girls are too old for men to marry them.

But ya'll go right ahead and keep defending this crackpot only because you like to see him trash queers.  It's just insane.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:And he didn't just say girls should get married at 15.  He ALSO said 20 year old girls are too old for men to marry them.

But ya'll go right ahead and keep defending this crackpot only because you like to see him trash queers.  It's just insane.

Go Team!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Bob Robertson

If he's gonna be your "team" leader you might want to at least get his name right. Bob Robertson was a major league baseball player. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob it's the Bible that trashes queers so I think your beef is with it.. Robertson's just parroting it.

The Bible is an Anvil that has worn out a lot of hammers but swing away Bob.

Bob, Robertson,,Sheesh !

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob it's the Bible that trashes queers...

Yea just like the bible says it's also okay to beat slaves as long as you don't beat them to death.
Just like it's the bible that says an uncircumcised boy is to be abandoned by his parents and community.
Just like it's the same bible which has God ordering Abraham to kill Isaac as a burnt offering.
Just like it's the same bible that has god killing all the cattle in egypt.
And it goes on and on and on.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob it's the Bible that trashes queers...

Yea just like the bible says it's also okay to beat slaves as long as you don't beat them to death.  
Just like it's the bible that says an uncircumcised boy is to be abandoned by his parents and community.
Just like it's the same bible which has God ordering Abraham to kill Isaac as a burnt offering.
Just like it's the same bible that has god killing all the cattle in egypt.
And it goes on and on and on.

So what's your point ? I mean you are all over the place ...

Do conservative Christians here think it's a good idea for girls to get married at age 15?  Owningroad_zps2333f502

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The point is that it's not me who is "all over the place".  It's that book.  And it's all over the place with ever vile injustice that bunch of goat herders could dream up at the time.
You and "Bob Robertson" have cherry picked it to your liking just like so many countless others have always done and still do.  lol

From goat herders to duck men. lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Robertson is playing his audiences' stupid buttons. Maybe a third of America is wired hard right, and that's a very big audience. Robertson doesn't believe anything he attests to in front of a camera. He's feeding his base, the same way Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin do. Neither of them believe that right wing crapola either.

They're doing the Limbaugh shuffle -- having learned that if you feed enough outrageous meat to their brain-dead audience -- you win the lottery forever.

some people take everything so literally, that's the same thing wrong with the islamist.

men who wrote those word in the bible most certainly did interject their present day situations, such as life span was shorter, hence thing that didn't promote early marriage and having children were spoken down on.

The bible is full of analogy and great tools for guidance. but if you try to take everything literally, your going to jail.

PS: my mom got married at 14, like ghost said, back then it was common, today, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You need to tell that to teo and Bob Robertson and all the others like them who think your sexual orientation is an evil ungodly sin.  They DO take that literally.  lol

Right wing christians take literally every word liberals,  progressives,  democrats, atheists,  and evolutionists have ever uttered.
But when it comes to the mountain of absurdity in the bible,  none of it is to be taken literally UNLESS it's something they agree with.  lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:And he didn't just say girls should get married at 15.  He ALSO said 20 year old girls are too old for men to marry them.

Do conservative Christians here think it's a good idea for girls to get married at age 15?  Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Do conservative Christians here think it's a good idea for girls to get married at age 15?  Hamlet_quote_t_shirt-p2359314148773-1

Please tell me this was not actually posted by the same "lady" who has literally written a thousand posts to protest everything ever said or done by any "liberal progressive".  lol

You just cannot make this stuff up.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:You need to tell that to teo and Bob Robertson and all the others like them who think your sexual orientation is an evil ungodly sin.  They DO take that literally.  lol

Right wing christians take literally every word liberals,  progressives,  democrats, atheists,  and evolutionists have ever uttered.
But when it comes to the mountain of absurdity in the bible,  none of it is to be taken literally UNLESS it's something they agree with.  lol

Thank you Bob, I hate Duck hunting but for you to mention my name in the same sentence as Phil Robertson, well, all my work here hasn't been for nothing...I would rather take the New Testament literally and be wrong than take it loose and be a dead duck roasting over an eternal fire.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Thank you Bob... for you to mention my name in the same sentence as Phil Robertson, well, all my work here hasn't been for nothing...

Actually I mentioned your name in the same sentence I mentioned Bob Robertson. So I guess all your work here has been to promote baseball.
Quint Studer would definitely approve.
But I don't think John Robertson would be as allied with you as you think. Not if you tell him it was a republican president who blew up the World Trade Center. I feel pretty certain he'd peg you as being one of those godless liberals. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum