Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MADD At Odds Over DUI Proposal (For Seaoats)

+3
boards of FL
no stress
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

2seaoat

Just like Mr. Markle to pretend he has an answer as to how alcohol related accidents are calculated. Here is the CDC link as to how they calculate the same and the statistics. Mr. Markle implies with the lower threshold that in fact many of the deaths are being over reported. Read this link and see why trying to have an intelligent conversation with Mr. Markle is so difficult most of the time where generalizations counter facts.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5337a2.htm

2seaoat

My tax payment for 2013. This includes the 85 dollars for the Fire Dept. Still a bad deal?

So your final answer is that real estate taxes are the sole support of the fire budgets in this country? Also, Florida does not collect income tax but has fees which are collected. You are arguing that the State makes no contribution to the fire department. You have a portion of your real estate tax bill which goes to the county. Are you arguing that the county makes no contribution to the fire budget? You pay federal taxes. Are you arguing that no federal dollars make their way to the fire budget?

Please do not tell me you are involved in local issues.......you are clueless as to how your fire department has been funded. I will take you serious with your stated belief you want to become involved and improve Pensacola when you take the time to go to a budget meeting......I have gone......there is usually one other citizen there.....and that is the problem......people bitching.....but not even understanding basics, not attending meetings, and then getting on a soapbox and telling me they understand.

What did you think of the zoning meeting last night at Lexington Terrace?. You should have said hello.

2seaoat

Nimby..........nothing new to be expected.

LOL  You are Clueless.

Upcoming Community Meetings to Discuss Escambia County Zoning Classification Changes
-A +A
Printer-friendly versionSend by email
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 9:37am

The Escambia County Development Services Department is in the process of rewriting the Escambia County Land Development Code (LDC) to create an efficient and rational document to guide expansion within the County. Meetings will be held throughout the community to answer citizens’ questions as all zoning districts for land parcels will change.

However, no changes will be made to zoning classifications on Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key. Therefore, public meetings will not occur concerning these areas of the County.

As part of this rewrite, the County will attempt to condense its current 35 zoning classifications into 13 new classifications.

Upcoming community meetings:

Wednesday, April 23 - Public Workshop: Zoning Consolidation, 5:30 p.m.

Lexington Terrace Community Center, 700 South Old Corry Field Rd

2seaoat

LOL You are Clueless.

Perhaps.....but I did get clue that you do not know how the fire department is funded.....so I guess I am not entirely clueless.

I am a simple man Mr Oats. I think a pay a small amount for excellent service. My total tax bill is small. I have no complaints about the fire dept or emergency services. Ask me about local sidewalks and other engineering blunders and I will be glad to continue the discussion.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Not called "drunk driving".  MADD, and other groups, call it alcohol related accidents.  Which means one drive could have a blood level of .02, one fourth the legal limit in most places and they still call it alcohol related.  The driver with the .02 may have been totally innocent of the cause of the crash.

We could spend all day arguing over the definition and whether it is accurate or not. Of course, that wouldn't change the effect that anti-"alcohol related accident" policy has had on the numbers, would it?

2seaoat

Why ask......you put vets on a pedestal, fireman on a pedestal, and police officers on a pedestal, and when people begin asking really relevant budget questions about those three areas, you are either unpatriotic, do not care about the safety of the public, or hate cops. Try to have the courage at a public meeting to do what is clearly right in making reductions in one of those areas......and see folks like yourself jump up with an emotional response. Do you realize that the pension of fire and police make the vast majority of the 11 million dollar obligations, and that shortly if something is not done it may exceed the ENTIRE amount collected in property taxes.....again only one source of revenue by the city.

I have had to be the bad guy and talk about these issues. I have been personally attacked. Instead of the substance of reductions, the person who raises any question in these three areas gets attacked. This country is going into the chitter because of people like you who play sympathy and do NOT look at the budget. You have never been to a budget hearing.

2seaoat

So when I suggest ignition interlock will reduce police and fire budgets, your response is......well I am a simple man.....I support police and fire......therefore we should support the status quo. The status quo is bankrupting this country. You can talk all you want about progressives bankrupting Detroit......but it was the fire and police pensions which bankrupted Detroit.......and you keep putting folks on pedestals and please do not attend a budget meeting and see what the real problems are.......there are answers.......and you sir have clues, but your predisposition and blind allegiance to the good guys, is unwilling to make changes in a system which wastes billions, and kills 10k unnecessarily.....keep up the good work.

This country is going into the chitter because of people like you who play sympathy and do NOT look at the budget

Damn!! I am the reason America is fucked up? LOL Who knew? I beter get my ass down there and straighten this mess out.

Might tell your boy Quint to cut back on the "Thirsty Thursdays" until I can get this issue fixed.

no stress

no stress

Boards, you need to read the entire thread in which seaoat would like interlock devices installed on all cars....and makes your post invalid. Seaoat used to sit beside a vollie fire chief at some point and said vollie fed him bullshit about the fire service til his eyes turned brown. I'll try to give a more lengthy response when I get home tonite and can get on my laptop.

2seaoat

Might tell your boy Quint to cut back on the "Thirsty Thursdays" until I can get this issue fixed.

Oh it was like pulling teeth when the strict liability of dram shop made them pay higher insurance for the sale of alcohol. Bob posted a thread about booze commercials being banned....well right after prohibition was repealed and fearing another prohibition in the mid 30s the alcohol industry backed off radio ads, and did the same with TV, but in the late 90s they said hell.......these fools can be bought and paid for.....we simply make it all about the criminalization of the alcohol addict and their bad behavior....and guess what they never look at us.....propaganda has worked. We toughened the DUI laws, but it did little, it was not until repeat offenders were on ignition interlocks did we see the drastic drops.....so you and the purveyors of alcohol do not want to stop the problem, because if you did, the person at the ballpark would voluntarily drink less knowing his car would not start.......this has the alcohol industry in a tizzy....they are trying propaganda techniques about liberty, big government, fail rates, and anything else they can do to stop implementation of mandatory ignition interlocks.....throw in a few rubes, and you have the perfect recipe for another 10k dead. Go make a donation to Chet Atkins wounded warriors, and ignore the plight of that mother with amputated legs.....no government check for her......certainly no sympathy from you......keep being a shill for the alcohol purveyors......and keep pretending you give a chit about anything.

no stress

no stress

cheers  cheers 
Mr Ichi wrote:Might tell your boy Quint to cut back on the "Thirsty Thursdays" until I can get this issue fixed.
 cheers cheers cheers 

2seaoat

I do not care if people get stupid drunk at a ballpark......we live in a free country and we regulate the danger of alcohol with extra insurance and stringent rules on who can consume it.......if they drink legally.......do not care how much they drink.......

I DO NOT WANT IMPAIRED DRIVERS DRIVING CARS, AND AN IGNITION INTERLOCKS SOLVES THE PROBLEM.

So if a person wants to get sauced on thursdays at the ballpark, or go out to the beach and suck beer all afternoon in the sun......have at it.......I just do not want their car to start if they are impaired.

LOL  You are a easy mark.  If you remember I was the one bitching about the sale of alcohol at the ball park and all the booze fueled events downtown.  I am a recovering alcoholic.   I have 32 years sobriety.   I know first hand what alcohol can do to a person.  To portray me a proponent or purveyor(as you say) of the alcohol industry is laughable.  
Drinking is a personal choice.  Even though it has caused me harm, I defend the rights of those who choose to drink.  If you think mandatory compliance will eradicate the problem, you are wrong.  There is no Magic bullet.  Quality and effective counseling at an affordable price is almost none existent.  AA is not for everyone,  Many of the younger people in our society have a hard time relating to the program.  The Friary and 12 Oaks are good places but they are expensive and not covered on many insurance policy's.  There is still a stigma on being labeled as a Alcoholic.  DUI is a result of a larger issue. Until our society comes to grip with real issues of alcohol, we will be forced to continue to use band aid solutions for its effects and not the cause.  I find it reprehensible that a recovering Alcoholic  such as Mr Studer is part  of the problem.  Why not have the first 'alcohol" free ball park is the United States?  You know the answer.MONEY...
If you really want to help, support effective, cost effective counseling and help remove the Glamor and Hype that surrounds  Alcohol.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 4/24/2014, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

If you think mandatory compliance will eradicate the problem, you are wrong.

No, it is you who is wrong one more time. I am not trying to eradicate alcholh abuse.....quite frankly I believe people should have the RIGHT to screw their lives up, they simply do not have the PRIVILEGE to drive a motor vehicle on the public roads.

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote: 
Drinking is a personal choice.  I find it representable that a recovering Alcoholic  such as Mr Studer is part  of the problem.  

If it's a personal choice, how is this Studer fella part of the problem?

I've always found your opinion on this matter to be rather confusing.

2seaoat

Why not have the first 'alcohol" free ball park is the United States?

Again you are wrong.  You think an alcohol free ball park solves anything.  It does not.  Your time perhaps to be born was 1910, and you could have enjoyed prohibition.  I do not care one rat's tail what free men do to themselves in their free time as long as those folks do not have the privilege to drive when they are impaired.  I solve solvable problems and you can go find your impossible dream, but again free men drink, but impaired men cannot start their cars.

Nothing to be confused about. He goes to a meeting and tells how horrid his life was with alcohol. Then he steps outside and sells the very stuff that is telling people not to drink......well maybe it is a bit confusing.

2seaoat wrote:Why not have the first 'alcohol" free ball park is the United States?

Again you are wrong.  You think an alcohol free ball park solves anything.  It does not.  Your time perhaps to be born was 1910, and you could have enjoyed prohibition.  I do not care one rat's tail what free men do to themselves in their free time as long as those folks do not have the privilege to drive when they are impaired.  I solve solvable problems and you can go find your impossible dream, but again free men drink, but impaired men cannot start their cars.

You, my friend, are the problem..The issue is more than cars.  An Alcohol free park would be a statement that a person could have a good time with out drinking.  Your solution is laughable and will never happen in my life time.

2seaoat

Nothing to be confused about. He goes to a meeting and tells how horrid his life was with alcohol. Then he steps outside and sells the very stuff that is telling people not to drink......well maybe it is a bit confusing.

Not a thing inconsistent with being a alcoholic and selling booze. Alcohol is legal in this country. Most Americans can consume the same and do not have an addictive response. Some people most certainly become addicted, and usually the alcohol is but one source of abuse, and the underlying problems of addiction have less to do with alcohol, drugs, gambling, or smoking which has a physiological response, but most would say it is the mental process of addiction which is more critical than the agents of addiction.

So when the vast majority of Americans can enjoy a beer and hot dog at the ballpark, you want prohibition because of the mental status of a percentage of Americans? The difference in my proposal is that a visit to a ballpark is a free right every American citizen can enjoy, but to drive a vehicle on public roads is a privilege which entails rules and regulations which keep our roads safe for the public.

2seaoat

Your solution is laughable and will never happen in my life time.

That is what people said to me 20 years ago when I ran for office and argued repeat offenders should have this technology applied. Twenty years later ever SA in this nation is putting mandatory interlock system in repeat DUI offenders with stunning statistical results. When you are right, you stay the course, and justice will prevail. You are simply wrong. You think prohibition will stop drunk drivers.........address addictive personalities.......make this country better......how many times does the same mistakes have to be made before the sheep will keep sticking their nose on the electric fence.

You think prohibition will stop drunk drivers.

Where did I say that? I think I said I defended the rights of people who choose to drink. Alcohol will always be with us. It is how we deal with it is the issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum