Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trumps odds of winning Fla. slim

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/02/king-trumps-odds-winning-fla-slim/86617920/

An excerpt from the article:

But a new analysis by fivethirtyeight.com suggests the billionaire faces tough odds against Hillary Clinton in November.

The website, known for its political acumen, looked at 20 polls in Florida looking at the presidential race. It then weighted each poll by its sample size, how recently it was conducted, and the historical accuracy and methodology of the polling firm. The model then adjusts each poll based on other factors.

The result? Clinton has a 73.5% chance of winning the state vs. 26.5% chance that Trump emerges victorious.

It’s worse news nationally for Trump. FiveThirtyEight gives the mogul only a 20.7% chance of winning the White House.

All I can say is that poster Markle needs to get to work. He has an uphill climb convincing voters to vote against Hillary. He has never told us about the number of forums he actually posts on--this one is not the only one he frequents.

News like this is enough to make a wingnut lose sleep at night. I sure wish PaceDog would come back before the election. It is going to be fun here as November approaches!
Very Happy

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Have you seen anything on the senate and house.  I have said for six years that there are structural elections which give advantage in the senate to Republicans or Democrats.  2016 is a structural advantage to the Democrats, but with Trump running these advantages may be compounded into a super majority in the senate.   This could impact the 2018 and 2020 elections where too many Democrats got elected to the senate in 2016.  Illinois has usually had one Republican and one Democratic Senator, but if Kirk loses, Durbin is very popular in Illinois and the Democrats will have locked up those seats for years.   Trump's damage at this juncture is not known, because I have not heard one expert say the house would be in play in 2016, but some are saying that may no longer be true if Trump drives down ballot voters away.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Have you seen anything on the senate and house.  I have said for six years that there are structural elections which give advantage in the senate to Republicans or Democrats.  2016 is a structural advantage to the Democrats, but with Trump running these advantages may be compounded into a super majority in the senate.   This could impact the 2018 and 2020 elections where too many Democrats got elected to the senate in 2016.  Illinois has usually had one Republican and one Democratic Senator, but if Kirk loses, Durbin is very popular in Illinois and the Democrats will have locked up those seats for years.   Trump's damage at this juncture is not known, because I have not heard one expert say the house would be in play in 2016, but some are saying that may no longer be true if Trump drives down ballot voters away.

Well, Seaoat, let's analyze two dyed-in-the-wool wingnut Republicans who we know. Poster Markle has been raving againgst HRC about Benghazi and her emails, etc. But where have you seen him post anything praising Trump and lifting his virtues above Hillary. Nada--nothing.

Poster PaceDog has not returned to us (yet, anyway); he absolutely hates Hillary. Before he left in the Spring, you didn't see him giving any endorsements to Trump. I think he was in the Ted Cruz camp. I wonder if he would be supporting Trump now if he was still posting with us?

Needles to say, the ice is pretty thin in GOP-land right now. They still have a long campaign ahead of them, and political infighting amongst themselves is weakening their ability to stand.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Z, I don't know why you want PeeDog to return.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:

I don't either. The last thing we need is more nastiness.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:

I like to tease both him and Markle. It makes the forum a little more interesting. Besides, it let's you know what the opposition is thinking.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I like to tease both him and Markle. It makes the forum a little more interesting. Besides, it let's you know what the opposition is thinking.

If you want debate, for God's sake, get a worthy opponent.

RealLindaL

And if you want to know what the opposition is thinking, just tune in to call-in conservative talk radio, available most times of day on one A.M. station or another. Easy peasy. You'll hear as much misinformation, paranoia and left-hating as you could ever see on the forum from the Markles and PDogs of the world. S.O.S.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum