Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The administration's original goal of 7 million signups has been exceeded by the deadline

+2
VectorMan
boards of FL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/us/politics/obama-to-report-on-progress-of-health-care-law.html?hp&_r=0

And just think, this is in spite of the fact that congressional and gubernatorial republicans have done everything in their power to sabotage this law, even going as far as shutting down the entire federal government. Just imagine where we would be right now if we didn't have to deal with stupid.

1) How many have paid?

2) How many lost their insurance and were forced to buy?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Good questions. I'll be sure to scan the headlines of the tabloids next time I'm checking out at Winn Dixie.

Let me be clear to you as well young man. sign ups are not active paid policies. Even more so than paid policies is who was previously UNINSURED.

I know you now want to change the rules and purpose of the law, but it doesn't work that way.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Gullible much? LOL

Because you can always believe what the govt tells you.

You libs on her get spoon fed this BS and swallow hook, line and sinker. You've not learned a thing. But, then again, you were never expected to learn. Just parrot the the unbelievable BS you spew. Really nothing new. Just very typical.

Remember, the likes of people like boards knows what's best for everyone. No matter the facts staring him in the face.

2seaoat

You cannot handicap stupidity. We have an objective health care professional who sells policies and who does not like Obama. He reports that this month has been incredible, and that many people who are purchasing insurance are not even getting the subsidy.

We have folks without a scintilla of knowledge of the historic cancellation rates, and one poster did hint on that answer.....if people do the math from his summary of the year and half average individual policy they will get the answer.......folks were cancelling health care prior to ACA, but once this has got to the think tanks who stir with the stupid spoon, they quickly switch to how many people paid........this is sweet, because besides the historical cancellations records the payment records are readily available. So when the President shocked all his critics and hit the sign up goal, the propagandist thought they would use the cancellations of health care policies as the tour de force to prove the ACA has done nothing. Now a week after the obvious we have the usual suspects completely stumped and cornered. I really wish I was not such a dick......I wish I could say golly gee guys.....you may have a point, but after a supposed real estate professional told somebody on this forum that her ability to do a 1031 exchange was moot because the language was not in the contract, and did not even understand the requirements, the common use of novations, and the ability to do a 1031 on the day of closing.......I think I have been giving far too much credit to some of the people who I honestly thought were smarter than maybe they really are.......I am a bit sad......and this is way too much fun when such predictable behavior can be anticipated.

Sal

Sal

The administration's original goal of 7 million signups has been exceeded by the deadline Obamacare-too-crowded-toles

Markle

Markle

The administration's original goal of 7 million signups has been exceeded by the deadline Subsidies-obamacare

dumpcare

http://eba.benefitnews.com/health-insurance-exchange/news/obamacare-late-surge-may-signal-young-healthy-sign-ups-2740430-1.html?utm_campaign=eba%2520hix-apr%25203%25202014&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-brief/how-much-financial-assistance-are-people-receiving-under-the-affordable-care-act/

From the second link:

Nationwide, an estimated 83% of marketplace enrollees qualify for subsidies, ranging from 13% in the District of Columbia and 35% in Hawaii to 92% in Wyoming and 93% in Mississippi. (Members of Congress and some of their staff obtain coverage through the DC exchange and are not eligible for subsidies, which is why the percentage there is so much lower than in the rest of the country.)

The take-up rate of subsidies – that is, the percentage of those eligible who have actually enrolled – is 21% in the U.S. as a whole and ranges from 10% or less in a number of states to 32% or more in Washington, Connecticut, California, Rhode Island, and Vermont. In general, states that are running their own exchanges have higher take-up rates, though some have low take-up due to widely-reported difficulties with their enrollment systems.

Among those qualifying for subsidies, we estimate that the average subsidy is $2,890 per person, ranging from a low of $1,350 in the District of Columbia and $1,780 in Utah to a high of $4,370 in Mississippi and $4,980 in Wyoming. These amounts are highly related to the premium levels in areas within each state. Tax credits are calculated by subtracting the amount each person is expected to pay based on a percentage of their income (which does not vary by state) from the premium for the second-lowest-cost silver plan in their area. Where premiums are low, tax credits will tend to be low as well, though the subsidized individuals themselves will pay the same as people with equivalent income who live in areas with higher premiums. Similarly, average subsidies will tend to be higher in states with older enrollees since they face higher premiums.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damn.   Now that I see these %'s, I'm convinced.  Let's go back to the old system.  For starters, millions of americans will lose their health care coverage overnight, so that's good.  Next, anytime the uninsured need care, they can just go to the ER, incur a huge debt, not pay it, file bankruptcy, and then we'll end up paying it anyways - 100% subsidy of a greater cost.  And their bankruptcy - triggered by medical related debt - will ripple out to other industries that the patient happened to owe at the time.  Now THAT is what I call optimal!

Good god I feel so smart right now!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/01/02/259128081/medicaid-expansion-boosted-emergency-room-visits-in-oregon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum